GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donovan at the Skills Comp.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Donovan at the Skills Comp. Empty Donovan at the Skills Comp. Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was at the Skill competition on Sunday and Donovan took a nasty spill in the Fastest Skater competition and didn't return. Was it just for precautionary reasons? I just wonder if these events are really worth it when you risk serious injury in them. I understand you can get injured at any time but I think I'd rather have a guy injured in a game because he was trying to do his job as opposed to getting injured showing off at a skills competition that is just for the local fans.

- Unknown Author

2Donovan at the Skills Comp. Empty Re: Donovan at the Skills Comp. Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:29 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Well, they raised $100,000 for Charity, so its not like it was worthless. But yeah, the players better think about fun first, before "internal competition"

3Donovan at the Skills Comp. Empty Re: Donovan at the Skills Comp. Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:34 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It absolutely is great for Charity I agree. Everytime someone gets hurt in these kinds of events it makes me wonder if there are better ways to raise the money.

- Unknown Author

4Donovan at the Skills Comp. Empty Re: Donovan at the Skills Comp. Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And a lot of the times the players skate without helmets, don't they? I remember seeing some without last year. Factor is players skating full out around the rink, taking hard shots, trying difficult moves, injury is very possible.

5Donovan at the Skills Comp. Empty Re: Donovan at the Skills Comp. Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Donovan will miss Tuesday's game due to injuring himself at the Sens Skills. I posted it in This Just in along with a note that Spezza might not play either.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum