GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade

+8
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
Phoenix30
Riprock
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Here, now that we're discussing rumours, you KNOW Chicago wants to upgrade/get rid of the contract of Huet.

What would it take for them to pawn Huet off on us and get Leclaire back?

That's the kind of move they'll be looking to make. If not with us, with someone I would imagine. And if not this season, this summer.

I see Washington as the prime trading candidate to re-acquire Huet in the off season. That said, I have no problem with Leclaire, who's a very good goaltender.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:

I see Washington as the prime trading candidate to re-acquire Huet in the off season. That said, I have no problem with Leclaire, who's a very good goaltender.

I personally have very little problem with Huet. Aside from the deal.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I'm pretty sure he's talking this season and his projected 41 goals which BTW is worth far more than what he's being paid this season.

Then it might be a good time to cash out? Sell high, right?

True enough but are we going to get enough offense to replace him? We've already gotten rid of a 40 plus goal scorer in Heatley.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:

I personally have very little problem with Huet. Aside from the deal.

@SSF> when the FA market opens in June, the available goalies (Nabokov, Turco, Chris Mason, Dan Ellis, etc) are going to fetch salaries equal to or above Huet's.

There will be interest, especially Huet continues his strong play.

Washington wanted to sign him, and Bruce Boudreau is not confident enough in Simeon Varlamov to give him and Neuvirth the starters' jobs.

I don't see why Murray would trade Leclaire for Huet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
@SSF> when the FA market opens in June, the available goalies (Nabokov, Turco, Chris Mason, Dan Ellis, etc) are going to fetch salaries equal to or above Huet's.

Washington wanted to sign him, and Bruce Boudreau is not confident enough in Simeon Varlamov to give him and Neuvirth the starters' jobs.

Murray probably wouldn't trade Leclaire for Huet, I was just saying that I thought that would be something Chicago would be trying to swing.

As for Turco and Ellis, do you really think they'll be getting Huet money? I don't personally. Turco should be happy to get 3-4 tops the way he's been in the past little while, not to mention that he's getting older. Ellis had that one good season and has been nothing more than respectful after that. Mason will get 3-4 as well, I can't see more than that - I could be wrong of course, but 5.5+ seems like a lot of coin.

Nabokov is gonna get a lot, I'll admit to that. 6+ isn't out of the question.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Fisher, Volchenkov and Campoli for

"Buff" Byfuglien, Soupy and a pick.

Oh, god no. Plus, not sure the money works -- CHI would be sending out about $10 mil, OTT under $7 mil.

In addition, I don't think we ever move Fisher.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:

Right or wrong, Huet has a stigma. He will never considered market value. Not saying it's right. Just the way I see it.

rooneypoo wrote:

Oh, god no. Plus, not sure the money works -- CHI would be sending out about $10 mil, OTT under $7 mil.

No way. We trade our two heart and soul guys, one who has finally found his scoring touch, for a bad contract in Campbell who is at best #3 on Chicago's good young D and Byfulien, who is a nice player but....

I would toilet paper Murray's house. Hell I would buy a Club Pack and TP Scotiabank Place.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

No way. We trade our two heart and soul guys, one who has finally found his scoring touch, for a bad contract in Campbell who is at best #3 on Chicago's good young D and Byfulien, who is a nice player but....

I would toilet paper Murray's house. Hell I would buy a Club Pack and TP Scotiabank Place.

If you got it at Price Club you'd probably have enough left over to do Murray's house too. Laugh1

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:
Fisher has very good chemistry, and his attitude/approach/skill are a fit.

How would trading for Fisher 'mess' with the current mix of players in Chicago?

Just that the Hawks would have to give up some nice pieces to get him undoubtedly. Mess with the current roster who appears to have some chemistry?

I think the pieces they give up would look nicer here. Meaning Chicago can probably spare such players. And we are quasi-desperate for same.

@Spez> SSF is correct in his view of the situation. There are very good reasons for the Sens and Hawks to talk trade.

@Rooney> your Campbell to Islanders scenario runs completely contrary to Garth Snow's tight money policy in Long Island.

Besides, they have Mark Streit.

Columbus' financial issues preclude taking on Campbell's contract.

Dallas has Stephane Robidas. No reason to trade for Campbell.

If Campbell gets traded, it's to a team that wants to spend the big bucks to make a big splash.

LOL. The Islanders winning games this year also goes contrary to Snow's policy this year -- he might get forced into taking action if they keep playing well. And Stephane Robidas is absolutely not a player like Campbell. Campbell is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered for DAL. Actually, the more I think about DAL, the better the fit is.

In any event, the key points to take out of this are, 1) Campbell should be the one CHI moves, 2) there will be teams who will take him, albeit, I don't think anyone will give up much of value in return for that contract, and 3) there are many, many other teams who are much better positioned than OTT to take him and his contract on.

The entire CHI management should be fired if they can't find a way to unload Campbell sometime in the next 7+ months. Freeing up that cap space is absolutely essential to the long-term health of that club.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Murray probably wouldn't trade Leclaire for Huet, I was just saying that I thought that would be something Chicago would be trying to swing.

As for Turco and Ellis, do you really think they'll be getting Huet money? I don't personally. Turco should be happy to get 3-4 tops the way he's been in the past little while, not to mention that he's getting older. Ellis had that one good season and has been nothing more than respectful after that. Mason will get 3-4 as well, I can't see more than that - I could be wrong of course, but 5.5+ seems like a lot of coin.

Nabokov is gonna get a lot, I'll admit to that. 6+ isn't out of the question.

Turco is playing very well this year, and there aren't many goalies who have his experience. $6MM easy if it's for one-two years.

Ellis is an excellent goalie. Don't know what he'll get, but 3-4 doesn't seem outrageous.

Mason hauled the Blues into the playoffs. $5MM no problem.

Nabokov, who knows.

There's also Hiller, and Rinne. Both solid.

So the market could be hot.

Washington has a LOT of players going FA, so Huet represents a value they know. And they would be getting him with just two years left on his contract.

So back to Ottawa and Chicago...what's your package?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Laughing3

Green fluff buggy no fluff backs!!

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I agree with most of that upon reflection. I would still trade one of those guys though for roughly the same return along with maybe Choochoo for the salary.

rooneypoo wrote:
davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:
Fisher has very good chemistry, and his attitude/approach/skill are a fit.

How would trading for Fisher 'mess' with the current mix of players in Chicago?

Just that the Hawks would have to give up some nice pieces to get him undoubtedly. Mess with the current roster who appears to have some chemistry?

I think the pieces they give up would look nicer here. Meaning Chicago can probably spare such players. And we are quasi-desperate for same.

@Spez> SSF is correct in his view of the situation. There are very good reasons for the Sens and Hawks to talk trade.

@Rooney> your Campbell to Islanders scenario runs completely contrary to Garth Snow's tight money policy in Long Island.

If Campbell gets traded, it's to a team that wants to spend the big bucks to make a big splash.

LOL. The Islanders winning games this year also goes contrary to Snow's policy this year -- he might get forced into taking action if they keep playing well. And Stephane Robidas is absolutely not a player like Campbell. Campbell is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered for DAL. Actually, the more I think about DAL, the better the fit is.

In any event, the key points to take out of this are, 1) Campbell should be the one CHI moves, 2) there will be teams who will take him, albeit, I don't think anyone will give up much of value in return for that contract, and 3) there are many, many other teams who are much better positioned than OTT to take him and his contract on.

The entire CHI management should be fired if they can't find a way to unload Campbell sometime in the next 7+ months. Freeing up that cap space is absolutely essential to the long-term health of that club.

Couldn't say it better.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:In any event, the key points to take out of this are, 1) Campbell should be the one CHI moves, 2) there will be teams who will take him, albeit, I don't think anyone will give up much of value in return for that contract, and 3) there are many, many other teams who are much better positioned than OTT to take him and his contract on.

Depends on who Ottawa sends the other way. It's not black and white but Buff and Soupy are. Wink

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
davetherave wrote: @Rooney> your Campbell to Islanders scenario runs completely contrary to Garth Snow's tight money policy in Long Island.

@Rooney> One, you're being judgmental about Chicago management based on your presumptions.

Two, you're not looking at the logic of, and the facts cited in, my response to you.

Three, saying Snow will be 'forced' to do something is pure conjecture on your part.

Four, you also apparently don't watch Dallas play--they just beat Detroit BTW, and decisively, as per Babcock's post game comments. "Just what the doctor ordered?"

Robidas does exactly what Campbell does...driving the offense.

So Nieuwendyk has zero reason to trade for that type of defenseman at $7MM, especially when the Stars' owner, Tom Hicks, is strapped for cash.

And why does Chicago deal Campbell to a West Conference rival?

Five, I have said repeatedly that I don't think the Sens and Campbell are right for each other.

Six, the topic of this thread is possible Ottawa-Chicago trades.

Your thoughts on that subject, sir?
RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 6 54934

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:Couldn't say it better.

Obviously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum