GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade

+8
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
Phoenix30
Riprock
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

shabbs wrote:John Jaeckel over at HBuzz did suggest there may be some conversations going on between Ottawa and Chicago.

A Jaeckel!! Jaeckel!! Its a Jaeckel!! It looks like a Jaeckle!!! Jaeckle!!! Jaeckle!! It looks like a Jaeckle!!! Is it a Jaeckle?!!

TIME!

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 2 270956 Watch a deal happen now.

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 2 235689

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Of course Ottawa and Chicago are talking - I'm sure GM's talk to each other all the time. But given the history between the two teams (Bochenski-Aranason, Havlat, Lapointe) I can imagine something could transpire.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Of course Ottawa and Chicago are talking - I'm sure GM's talk to each other all the time. But given the history between the two teams (Bochenski-Aranason, Havlat, Lapointe) I can imagine something could transpire.

Good Lord those are awful memories. We should block Chicago's number. RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 2 169126

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Don't tell me I don't scour the earth for these rumours.

With this source, you scoured the earth and hit rock-bottom. RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 2 159628

scoured the earth and wound up in a steaming pile of cow dung, hidden in a prison sewer, surrounded by fats guys eating beans and hotfudge sundaes, barfing when they get too full and blasting farts that keep even the maggots away.

shabbs wrote:Put Barker and Versteeg together in a package and you have my interest... what would Murray have to give up?

A hell of a lot more than Picard and Shannon, methinks.

Dash wrote:Of course Ottawa and Chicago are talking - I'm sure GM's talk to each other all the time. But given the history between the two teams (Bochenski-Aranason, Havlat, Lapointe) I can imagine something could transpire.

Different GM though in Chicago though. I think personal relationships factor into this.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:
asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Don't tell me I don't scour the earth for these rumours.

With this source, you scoured the earth and hit rock-bottom. RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 2 159628

scoured the earth and wound up in a steaming pile of cow dung, hidden in a prison sewer, surrounded by fats guys eating beans and hotfudge sundaes, barfing when they get too full and blasting farts that keep even the maggots away.

Well, at least there are no maggots.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.fanfeedr.com/nhl/2009/11/18/breaking-news-ottawa-talking-to-chicago

Don't tell me I don't scour the earth for these rumours. :lll:

SenShot has learned that General Manager Bryan Murray has held talks with Chicago Blackhawks General Manager Stan Bowman. It is unknown if the talks mean something but it may be linked to something big. The blackhawks are set to re-sign Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, and Duncan Keith to long-term contracts. This mean they have to move some bodies out if they can get under the slaary cap for next year. Rumors are saying it may be Brent Seabrook or Cam Barker. Soem are even suggestign Patrick Sharp could be on the market. I would believe Cam Barker is on Murray’s interest list because he’s the goal-scoring defenseman Ottawa desperately needs.

The return is muddy, but you would think Zee Dictator Murray would likely want to give up Alexandre Picard or Chris Campoli. Barker’s salary is approximately 3.1 mil. If you package Picard (800 K) and maybe Ryan Shannon (700 K) with some sort of draft pick, I think you’ve got a deal.

Remember, the details are sketchy, but this is what’s happening now. Let’s hope this turns out into something.

I'll tell you what's sketchy...this rumour.

Sounds like its written by that guy who wants Cole sooooo bad.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.fanfeedr.com/nhl/2009/11/18/breaking-news-ottawa-talking-to-chicago

Don't tell me I don't scour the earth for these rumours. Ahhhhh!

SenShot has learned that General Manager Bryan Murray has held talks with Chicago Blackhawks General Manager Stan Bowman. It is unknown if the talks mean something but it may be linked to something big. The blackhawks are set to re-sign Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, and Duncan Keith to long-term contracts. This mean they have to move some bodies out if they can get under the slaary cap for next year. Rumors are saying it may be Brent Seabrook or Cam Barker. Soem are even suggestign Patrick Sharp could be on the market. I would believe Cam Barker is on Murray’s interest list because he’s the goal-scoring defenseman Ottawa desperately needs.

The return is muddy, but you would think Zee Dictator Murray would likely want to give up Alexandre Picard or Chris Campoli. Barker’s salary is approximately 3.1 mil. If you package Picard (800 K) and maybe Ryan Shannon (700 K) with some sort of draft pick, I think you’ve got a deal.

Remember, the details are sketchy, but this is what’s happening now. Let’s hope this turns out into something.

@Spez> then why did you post this?

The GMH members have already covered this subject, and much more intelligently.

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

Don't tell me I don't scour the earth for these rumours. Ahhhhh!

Because I found a link to it on HF, posted the link and let anyone who wants to comment on it, comment on it. If you've covered the subject, then you don't need to be here. It's for people on this forum to read what other people are saying and take it as they value it. This is 'some dude', who cares? So is SensChirp, he's just got a track record.

What if I don't post it, then tomorrow something happens? That's part of the fun of it to me, to try to hear as many rumours as possible and decide if they have merit - or just for fun because it means that maybe two GMs are talking.

People will find rumours, post links and talk until the cows come home on every sports forum in the world. Rumours interest us and again, it's up to the intelligent readers here to decide whether they want to comment on the ones that people dig up and post here.

That's why Dave.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Because I found a link to it on HF, posted the link and let anyone who wants to comment on it, comment on it. If you've covered the subject, then you don't need to be here. It's for people on this forum to read what other people are saying and take it as they value it. This is 'some dude', who cares? So is SensChirp, he's just got a track record.

What if I don't post it, then tomorrow something happens? That's part of the fun of it to me, to try to hear as many rumours as possible and decide if they have merit - or just for fun because it means that maybe two GMs are talking.

People will find rumours, post links and talk until the cows come home on every sports forum in the world. Rumours interest us and again, it's up to the intelligent readers here to decide whether they want to comment on the ones that people dig up and post here.

That's why Dave.

@Spez> I'm not talking about whether or not I covered it.

I'm talking about the evident lack of quality of the piece itself.

GMH members are intelligent, discerning hockey fans. They come here because it's a superior forum.

But hey, if you want to post this stuff, it's your call, my friend.
RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 2 754246

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:@Spez> I'm not talking about whether or not I covered it.

I'm talking about the evident lack of quality of the piece itself.

GMH members are intelligent, discerning hockey fans. They come here because it's a superior forum.

But hey, if you want to post this stuff, it's your call, my friend.
RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 2 754246

It's really just for conversation most times. I would say a good 80% of rumours are fact-less, maybe more, but if it concerns the Sens, we usually still slap it up here on the forum.

It's so easy for people to navigate these threads - just click in and out - that if I find something even semi-interesting, I'll usually post it. Laugh1

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 2 270956

We're being to hard on SD here. His intentions were good.

I think we're all a little testy given the agony of going through all the _______ rumours.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 2 270956

We're being to hard on SD here. His intentions were good.

I think we're all a little testy given the agony of going through all the _______ rumours.

I have no issue with bloggers, and Spez-D's good intentions, but my point was that GMH aspires to be a cut above because it is in principle more selective about what it posts as leads for threads.

Otherwise every so-called 'rumour'--like those of the infamous 'Eklund'--would attain credibility by being repeated over and over.

The Ottawa-Chicago 'talks'--if there are any--have been brought up by previous sources and covered by GMH posters, so this particular item adds nothing new; and the quality of that post in terms of writing, is well below GMH standards.

But, as I said, if Spez-D wants to post these, he, as a Founder, is exercising his prerogative.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe what Dave is saying, is that we need a "humour" forum, and then this one could go in there. Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

While I believe Chicago and Ottawa may be talking trade, I doubt these are the players involved.

Also, I heard mention on the "round table" that Fabian Brunnström is being shöpped. Might be a nice fit on the left side of Fisher and Kovalev?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:While I believe Chicago and Ottawa may be talking trade, I doubt these are the players involved.

Also, I heard mention on the "round table" that Fabian Brunnström is being shöpped. Might be a nice fit on the left side of Fisher and Kovalev?

Actually, Fabulous Fabian is "shopped out". Too much time in those huge malls in Dallas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum