GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade

+8
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
Phoenix30
Riprock
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jason Portuondo is like a tick... he gets in deep.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:This just in.... Chicago may have to make some moves to get under the cap... stay tuned...

Shabbs has inside info.
I'm way more connected than TSN. That's for sure.

The Shabbinator IS Co-nnected.

Waaaaay more than TSN. For sure.
For sure.

And when I say for sure, I mean, for sure.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Too many shopping bags.
RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 4 270956

Anyway, if/when the Fisher to Chicago rumours start, things will really get interesting.

What makes you say Fisher to Chicago? Any insight?

Fisher is a perfect fit in Chicago, who need to a center replace Bolland and Burish.

I don't see a salary fit in terms of an OTT / CHI trade. Not at this point in the season. Once Toews, Kane, and Keith are signed, CHI will need to clear money -- either now (because of the tagging nonsense) or at the season's end.

But OTT can't take big salary right now without disposing of some. And we don't have any players on expiring contracts, besides Volchenkov, that would be desirable for CHI's purposes. Because, for CHI, taking back players on long contracts doesn't make sense, unless of course Campbell's is among the contracts going the other way. And OTT can't take it without moving about the same amount of money.

If I'm CHI, I'm looking at a team that's doing better than expected, has lots of cap space, and could really use a guy like Campbell. And then I trade Campbell to that team for whatever I can get -- players on expiring contracts and draft picks.

Campbell to NYI for Gervais or Hillen + whatever they give you. Or Campbell to CLB for Stralman or Russel and whatever else they give you. Or Campbell to DAL for Niskanen + Brunstrom, or thereabouts. Boom. CHI's cap crisis solved. Makes so much more sense from CHI's perspective. Campbell is good at what he does, but CHI has plenty of guys who bring something similar to the table. They should not consider moving guys like Seabrook, Sharp, and Barker -- all home-grown guys, all on better contracts, and all younger.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:While I believe Chicago and Ottawa may be talking trade, I doubt these are the players involved.

Also, I heard mention on the "round table" that Fabian Brunnström is being shöpped. Might be a nice fit on the left side of Fisher and Kovalev?

Laugh1 Look at the tiny little umlaut above the o in shopped. You're hilarious SSF - although you might not have meant to do it, it somehow fits into your sense of humour.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:While I believe Chicago and Ottawa may be talking trade, I doubt these are the players involved.

Also, I heard mention on the "round table" that Fabian Brunnström is being shöpped. Might be a nice fit on the left side of Fisher and Kovalev?

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 4 270956 Look at the tiny little umlaut above the o in shopped. You're hilarious SSF - although you might not have meant to do it, it somehow fits into your sense of humour.

It was tötally intentiönal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 4 270956 Look at the tiny little umlaut above the o in shopped. You're hilarious SSF - although you might not have meant to do it, it somehow fits into your sense of humour.

I have no idea why I find that amusing - but I do.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I have no idea why I find that amusing - but I do.

Because it's cömedy göld. Nice catch, by the way.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You've killed it already.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Too many shopping bags.

Anyway, if/when the Fisher to Chicago rumours start, things will really get interesting.

What makes you say Fisher to Chicago? Any insight?

Fisher is a perfect fit in Chicago, who need to a center replace Bolland and Burish.

I don't see a salary fit in terms of an OTT / CHI trade. Not at this point in the season. Once Toews, Kane, and Keith are signed, CHI will need to clear money -- either now (because of the tagging nonsense) or at the season's end.

But OTT can't take big salary right now without disposing of some. And we don't have any players on expiring contracts, besides Volchenkov, that would be desirable for CHI's purposes. Because, for CHI, taking back players on long contracts doesn't make sense, unless of course Campbell's is among the contracts going the other way. And OTT can't take it without moving about the same amount of money.

If I'm CHI, I'm looking at a team that's doing better than expected, has lots of cap space, and could really use a guy like Campbell. And then I trade Campbell to that team for whatever I can get -- players on expiring contracts and draft picks.

Campbell to NYI for Gervais or Hillen + whatever they give you. Or Campbell to CLB for Stralman or Russel and whatever else they give you. Or Campbell to DAL for Niskanen + Brunstrom, or thereabouts. Boom. CHI's cap crisis solved. Makes so much more sense from CHI's perspective. Campbell is good at what he does, but CHI has plenty of guys who bring something similar to the table. They should not consider moving guys like Seabrook, Sharp, and Barker -- all home-grown guys, all on better contracts, and all younger.

Rooney checks in!

What up, bro?

All these trade options...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now this is something that makes sense. Chicago needs a replacement for Bolland - Fisher is the kind of guy that could make them a lot stronger. Add in Volchenkov - and Chicago looks like a slam dunk for the post-season.

Problem is: for this first time since he signed the contract, Fisher is paying off for the Sens. Do the Hawks want to part with the pieces to make that happen? Because, that's getting into the "blockbuster" range.

I personally think it's way too big for the Sens to do - and while it might put Chicago over the top, they risk messing with their chemistry?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fisher, Volchenkov and Campoli for

"Buff" Byfuglien, Soupy and a pick.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Now this is something that makes sense. Chicago needs a replacement for Bolland - Fisher is the kind of guy that could make them a lot stronger. Add in Volchenkov - and Chicago looks like a slam dunk for the post-season.

Problem is: for this first time since he signed the contract, Fisher is paying off for the Sens. Do the Hawks want to part with the pieces to make that happen? Because, that's getting into the "blockbuster" range.

I personally think it's way too big for the Sens to do - and while it might put Chicago over the top, they risk messing with their chemistry?

Fisher has very good chemistry, and his attitude/approach/skill are a fit.

How would trading for Fisher 'mess' with the current mix of players in Chicago?

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Fisher, Volchenkov and Campoli for

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Way.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

You forgot the umlaut.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

Just that the Hawks would have to give up some nice pieces to get him undoubtedly. Mess with the current roster who appears to have some chemistry?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Just that the Hawks would have to give up some nice pieces to get him undoubtedly. Mess with the current roster who appears to have some chemistry?

I think the pieces they give up would look nicer here. Meaning Chicago can probably spare such players. And we are quasi-desperate for same.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:

I think the pieces they give up would look nicer here. Meaning Chicago can probably spare such players. And we are quasi-desperate for same.

@Spez> SSF is correct in his view of the situation. There are very good reasons for the Sens and Hawks to talk trade.

@Rooney> your Campbell to Islanders scenario runs completely contrary to Garth Snow's tight money policy in Long Island.

Besides, they have Mark Streit.

Columbus' financial issues preclude taking on Campbell's contract.

Dallas has Stephane Robidas. No reason to trade for Campbell.

If Campbell gets traded, it's to a team that wants to spend the big bucks to make a big splash.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

asq2 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Way.

+1 - Hells no!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next