GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade

+8
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
Phoenix30
Riprock
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Maybe what Dave is saying, is that we need a "humour" forum, and then this one could go in there. Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

While I believe Chicago and Ottawa may be talking trade, I doubt these are the players involved.

Also, I heard mention on the "round table" that Fabian Brunnström is being shöpped. Might be a nice fit on the left side of Fisher and Kovalev?

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:While I believe Chicago and Ottawa may be talking trade, I doubt these are the players involved.

Also, I heard mention on the "round table" that Fabian Brunnström is being shöpped. Might be a nice fit on the left side of Fisher and Kovalev?

Actually, Fabulous Fabian is "shopped out". Too much time in those huge malls in Dallas.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:While I believe Chicago and Ottawa may be talking trade, I doubt these are the players involved.

Actually, Fabulous Fabian is "shopped out". Too much time in those huge malls in Dallas.

So does that mean he wouldn't fit on that line?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:

So does that mean he wouldn't fit on that line?

Too many shopping bags.
RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 3 270956

Anyway, if/when the Fisher to Chicago rumours start, things will really get interesting.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:

Too many shopping bags.

Anyway, if/when the Fisher to Chicago rumours start, things will really get interesting.

What makes you say Fisher to Chicago? Any insight?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This just in.... Chicago may have to make some moves to get under the cap... stay tuned...

Wink

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Fish certainly isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I could see Foligno or Regin being shopped for a D though...

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:This just in.... Chicago may have to make some moves to get under the cap... stay tuned...

Wink

Shabbs has inside info.

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Too many shopping bags.

Fisher is a perfect fit in Chicago, who need a center to replace Bolland and Burish.

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:This just in.... Chicago may have to make some moves to get under the cap... stay tuned...

Wink

Shabbs has inside info.
I'm way more connected than TSN. That's for sure.

Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:Fisher is a perfect fit in Chicago, who need a center to replace Bolland and Burish.

What about Hands of Stone Kelly? I don't think Fisher would waive to go to Chicago but I'll cross my fingers... RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 3 422187

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Wink

Shabbs has inside info.

Sarcasm

But are you way more connected than Sportsnet...

Connected? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Shabbs has inside info.

The Shabbinator IS Co-nnected.

Waaaaay more than TSN. For sure.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 3 Icon_wink

Shabbs has inside info.

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 3 159628

But are you way more connected than Sportsnet...

Connected? RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 3 159628

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade - Page 3 Jason_12

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jason Portuondo is like a tick... he gets in deep.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Shabbs has inside info.

The Shabbinator IS Co-nnected.

Waaaaay more than TSN. For sure.
For sure.

And when I say for sure, I mean, for sure.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Too many shopping bags.

Fisher is a perfect fit in Chicago, who need to a center replace Bolland and Burish.

I don't see a salary fit in terms of an OTT / CHI trade. Not at this point in the season. Once Toews, Kane, and Keith are signed, CHI will need to clear money -- either now (because of the tagging nonsense) or at the season's end.

But OTT can't take big salary right now without disposing of some. And we don't have any players on expiring contracts, besides Volchenkov, that would be desirable for CHI's purposes. Because, for CHI, taking back players on long contracts doesn't make sense, unless of course Campbell's is among the contracts going the other way. And OTT can't take it without moving about the same amount of money.

If I'm CHI, I'm looking at a team that's doing better than expected, has lots of cap space, and could really use a guy like Campbell. And then I trade Campbell to that team for whatever I can get -- players on expiring contracts and draft picks.

Campbell to NYI for Gervais or Hillen + whatever they give you. Or Campbell to CLB for Stralman or Russel and whatever else they give you. Or Campbell to DAL for Niskanen + Brunstrom, or thereabouts. Boom. CHI's cap crisis solved. Makes so much more sense from CHI's perspective. Campbell is good at what he does, but CHI has plenty of guys who bring something similar to the table. They should not consider moving guys like Seabrook, Sharp, and Barker -- all home-grown guys, all on better contracts, and all younger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum