GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Small Trade! (Rumour no more)

+10
Sens4thecup
beerandsens
Mojo
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
Money Farmer
Riprock
PKC
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Everyone and I mean everyone is trying to scramble on this one first.

To Ottawa
Ryan Shannon

To Vancouver
Lawrence Nycholat

This is past rumour and is heading towards reality.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4213&hubname=nhl-canucks

EDIT: He's on a 2-way contract, so he'd be headed to Bingo apparently.

Last edited by 504Heater on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

2Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:51 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Everyone and I mean everyone is trying to scramble on this one first.

To Ottawa
Ryan Shannon

To Vancouver
Lawrence Nycholat

Pretty interesting. But where would Shannon fit in given the fact that we have twice the logjam in our bottom 6 as we have on D?

3Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

Pretty interesting. But where would Shannon fit in given the fact that we have twice the logjam in our bottom 6 as we have on D?

He's on a 2-way deal, so it would be to spice things up in Bingo. I hear he's quite talented indeed.

4Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Shannon would have a hard time making our team though, as a few people have already pointed out. Too many forwards, so unless another trade is in the mixm he better be prepared for Bingo.

5Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:54 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Are you sure he's on a two-way deal?

6Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Money Farmer

Money Farmer
Prospect
Prospect

Small, speedy forward (that has produced in the minors) would be better than small dman (that also has produced in the minors) IMHO

We have too many defensemen. Great move if the Canucks play ball.

http://www.investorsgroup.com/consult/tim.frisby/english/default

7Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:57 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I guess he is on a two-way deal. Although he'd be arbitration eligible next year as an RFA.

8Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:07 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Everyone and I mean everyone is trying to scramble on this one first.

To Ottawa
Ryan Shannon

To Vancouver
Lawrence Nycholat

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4213&hubname=nhl-canucks

EDIT: He's on a 2-way contract, so he'd be headed to Bingo apparently.

That's a very strange rumour. VAN is loaded on the backend and I don't see where Nycholat would fit, unless they're planning on moving one of their current Ds, and they're starving for offense up front. Ryan Shannon is one of their better young prospects with a lot of upside, and many people -- Dobber included -- think he'll make the team given their current shortage of firepower up front. I can't imagine why VAN would want this, tho' I think it'd be a great deal for OTT if it actually happened.

Btw: Shannon is definitely on a 2-way. He signed in 2005 but didn't play 10 games in the NHL in 2005-06, so the first year of his standard 3-year, 2-way entry-level deal didn't kick in until 2006-07. That puts him in the last year of his entry-level deal.

9Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:12 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, that was fast. The trade is done apparently:

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Ottawa-Senators-Hockey-Club-895315.html

That's a GREAT move. Although he's small, Shannon's got HUGE upside -- Dobber has him listed as a potential 75-point player.

Man, Murray just keeps the hits coming!

10Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:13 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I didn't know where else to put this, but I figured it would fit in with the trade rumors theme.

Anyways, Al Cimaglia, the Chicago Blackhawks blogger over at HB, has written a tremendous article regarding several possibilities for trades for Chicago and is extremely relevant to the Ottawa Senators. He also discusses the Meszaros trade and his feelings about it.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16625&blogger_id=52

Give it a read. And let's discuss it. I particularly like his idea of putting Khabibulin on re-entry waivers with the idea of Ottawa picking him up. We'd then only be on the hook for 3.375 million dollars of his contract.

11Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:15 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Wow, that was fast. The trade is done apparently:

That's a GREAT move. Although he's small, Shannon's got HUGE upside -- Dobber has him listed as a potential 75-point player.

You have got to be Dung me.

12Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:20 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Wow, that was fast. The trade is done apparently:

You have got to be Dung me.

Dobber will probably Dung on me if he sees this, but here you go, cut and pasted straight from the horse's mouth:

LONG-TERM POTENTIAL
Henrik Sedin 95
Daniel Sedin 95
Pat White 88
Cody Hodgson 85
Michael Grabner 80
Pavol Demitra 75
Ryan Shannon 75
Kyle Wellwood 70
Mason Raymond 70
Steve Bernier 68
Taylor Pyatt 65
Lukas Krajicek 60
Jannik Hansen 60
Ryan Kesler 55
Kevin Bieksa 55
Alexandre Burrows 55
Mattias Ohlund 45

That matches Zubov's long-term potential. He's also got him listed as a 50% chance to make the team, and puts him on pace 39 points should he play a full season in the NHL with a potential for 55 points this year alone. These are only projections, of course, but if Dobber's this high on him, we have plenty of reason to be excited.

What a f'ing steal. I have no idea what VAN is thinking here.

13Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I heard it was done at 4pm on Team1200 but I was stuck in traffic and couldn't put this up 'till now.

Last edited by Cap'n' Clutch on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

14Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:26 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm kind of having a hard time believing this right now rooneypoo. You see, nothing this good ever happens to the sports teams I follow. But holy Diddle if this is true. He's got him listed with Demitra and such. I mean, I know its a long-term potential, but even just 50 points is sooooooooooooooo much infintely better than a guy who wouldn't even play on this team this year.

15Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:32 pm

Money Farmer

Money Farmer
Prospect
Prospect

Great trade! Shannon is super fast & has excellent upside.

On the potential Hawks & Ottawa trade possibilities:

1)Bulin Wall would be better than what we have now. Elite goalie when he is motivated for sure. Besides, A-Train would have someone to do that cool Russian dancing with!!!! :D

2)Cam Barker needs a fire lit under his Donkey. Potential but no elbow grease. Young defensemen with upside are hard to find I heard......(Mez)? Rolling Eyes

3) Robert Lang would be a fantastic pick up for us. 2nd line centre who is great on the PP. Little long in the tooth but we only need a year or two....... never a bad thing t o have a 50 point centre on the 2nd line.8)

http://www.investorsgroup.com/consult/tim.frisby/english/default

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum