GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Small Trade! (Rumour no more)

+10
Sens4thecup
beerandsens
Mojo
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
Money Farmer
Riprock
PKC
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

31Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:15 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
You mean Dobber? He thinks little of him, apparently, because he's no where to be found in this year's guide...

Really? I don't understand that to be honest.

Maybe some players just aren't meant to succeed in the NHL. We've certainly seen some of them come up through our system (Denis Hamel, Josh Hennessey, etc..).

32Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:17 pm

Money Farmer

Prospect
Prospect

woo hoo

Murray strikes again!

http://www.investorsgroup.com/consult/tim.frisby/english/default

33Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:17 pm

Mojo

Rookie
Rookie

I like this trade a lot. Gives a little more competition for the young forwards in training camp and relieves some of the logjam on the backend.

As for potential Chicago trades, I don't see how Lang would fit in here at all. We already have Vermette and Fisher on the 2nd line and both prefer to play centre. Why would we want a 3rd centre on our 2nd line. Alao, if I'm not mistaken, I thought I heard that when he was in Detroit, he had locker room problems. Barker or Khabibulin remain intriguing possibilities, but we would need to send a few guys out to even up the cap.

34Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:34 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I heard that Murray may get an invite to Camp. Jason York was saying it on the Team 1200 and also said that if he got a chance to play with Spezza he would definitely score a couple of goals.

35Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I heard that as well on the Team1200. I hope he does get a tryout that could be interesting.

- Unknown Author

36Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:I heard that Murray may get an invite to Camp. Jason York was saying it on the Team 1200 and also said that if he got a chance to play with Spezza he would definitely score a couple of goals.

Really? Dude, that's awesome. Watch him light the lamp with Spez and Heater. I hope he comes and has some fun.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Here is the link:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=248301&lid=sublink03&lpos=headlines_nhl

38Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:24 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Murray would be a great option for a tryout. He could really help even out the top two lines if he can be effective with Spezza and Heatley. It would also be a nice depth move. And you know that if he comes only for a trout, it would barely cost anything at all to sign him if he works out.

39Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:26 pm

good for everyone involved :D

40Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:28 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

I think if Murray acquires the other Murray, it may be one of our best off-seasons to date. I'm sure that I'm not alone in being very excited about this up coming season.

41Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:32 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Murray couldn't score with Savard i dont think hes going to score with Spezza.

42Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens4thecup wrote:I think if Murray acquires the other Murray, it may be one of our best off-seasons to date. I'm sure that I'm not alone in being very excited about this up coming season.

I want this to happen for 1.5 million so if he sucks like a vacuum it won't hurt as much. If he's 100% healthy again...beside Spezza and Heatley....look the frank out.

I'm a little excited... 8)

43Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bramlet07 wrote:Murray couldn't score with Savard i dont think hes going to score with Spezza.

Savard didn't have Heatley the Great on his other wing. And Savard, while really, really good, is not as good as Spezza IMO.

44Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:Murray couldn't score with Savard i dont think hes going to score with Spezza.

Savard didn't have Heatley the Great on his other wing. And Savard, while really, really good, is not as good as Spezza IMO.

He had more assists with weaker wingers.

45Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bramlet07 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

He had more assists with weaker wingers.

Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot, but I still would take Jason Spezza any day of the week. Size, shot, passing, puck skills...all better (the passing might be a wash).

46Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:45 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I really wonder if he adds that much more that what we already have. Couldn't we spend the $1.5-2.5M somewhere better (say, perhaps, Gerber, Neil, and a pick for Khabibulin, Barker, and a first?)

As much as I don't think Khabibulin is all that much better, he is in a contract year, so he has the incentive to kick it up a notch, whereas Gerber may not be able to do so.

47Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:46 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

My bad please ignore this, I was heading straight into page 3 of Heaters post, thinking the entire thread was dedicated to the rumour of Murray being invited to Sens training camp. . . I thought you guys were really asleep on this one haha.

48Small Trade! (Rumour no more) - Page 3 Empty Re: Small Trade! (Rumour no more) Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:I really wonder if he adds that much more that what we already have. Couldn't we spend the $1.5-2.5M somewhere better (say, perhaps, Gerber, Neil, and a pick for Khabibulin, Barker, and a first?)

As much as I don't think Khabibulin is all that great, he is in a contract year, so he has the incentive to kick it up a notch, whereas Gerber may not be able to do so.

Who are we talking about? Glen Murray?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum