GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR: Ottawa and Chicago talking trade

+8
SeawaySensFan
wprager
davetherave
Phoenix30
Riprock
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:
Fisher has very good chemistry, and his attitude/approach/skill are a fit.

How would trading for Fisher 'mess' with the current mix of players in Chicago?

Just that the Hawks would have to give up some nice pieces to get him undoubtedly. Mess with the current roster who appears to have some chemistry?

I think the pieces they give up would look nicer here. Meaning Chicago can probably spare such players. And we are quasi-desperate for same.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:
Fisher has very good chemistry, and his attitude/approach/skill are a fit.

How would trading for Fisher 'mess' with the current mix of players in Chicago?

Just that the Hawks would have to give up some nice pieces to get him undoubtedly. Mess with the current roster who appears to have some chemistry?

I think the pieces they give up would look nicer here. Meaning Chicago can probably spare such players. And we are quasi-desperate for same.

@Spez> SSF is correct in his view of the situation. There are very good reasons for the Sens and Hawks to talk trade.

@Rooney> your Campbell to Islanders scenario runs completely contrary to Garth Snow's tight money policy in Long Island.

Besides, they have Mark Streit.

Columbus' financial issues preclude taking on Campbell's contract.

Dallas has Stephane Robidas. No reason to trade for Campbell.

If Campbell gets traded, it's to a team that wants to spend the big bucks to make a big splash.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

asq2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Fisher, Volchenkov and Campoli for

"Buff" Byfuglien, Soupy and a pick.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Way.

+1 - Hells no!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
@Spez> SSF is correct in his view of the situation. There are very good reasons for the Sens and Hawks to talk trade.

Well, yeah, there's good reason for the entire Eastern Conference to talk trade with Chicago, but Murray won't move Fisher now - and even if he wanted to, Fisher's got a NMC. Asking him to waive it after all he's done and now that he's finally producing is simply not happening.

If we have other pieces that can move, then that's great, but I doubt it's enough to make a big impact for us.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That said, there are pieces there that I would love to see in a Sens uni. Byfuglien, Sharp, Campbell, Versteeg. Come on down, the price is (probably way off and wrong) right!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Well, yeah, there's good reason for the entire Eastern Conference to talk trade with Chicago, but Murray won't move Fisher now - and even if he wanted to, Fisher's got a NMC. Asking him to waive it after all he's done and now that he's finally producing is simply not happening.

If we have other pieces that can move, then that's great, but I doubt it's enough to make a big impact for us.

What has he done? He puts in an honest effort, he's "good in the community" and he's more than fairly compensated for his efforts. It's a reciprocal arrangement.

I agree there would be PR considerations, and rightfully so, but more wins are pretty good PR too.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:That said, there are pieces there that I would love to see in a Sens uni. Byfuglien, Sharp, Campbell, Versteeg. Come on down, the price is (probably way off and wrong) right!

Gotta give up something to get something, eh.

Fisher's a good soldier, and if Mr Melnyk and Mr Murray ask him to waive his NTC for the greater good of the team, one can imagine Mike will.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Where is this coming from Dave? Have you actually heard something, or are you just guessing?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Where is this coming from Dave? Have you actually heard something, or are you just guessing?

@Spez> call it an "educated guess". This is, after all, a rumour thread, right?

Stan Bowman is looking for a center. Fisher fits the profile of the kind of player Quenneville favours.

You can do the math on this one.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:

What has he done? He puts in an honest effort, he's "good in the community" and he's more than fairly compensated for his efforts. It's a reciprocal arrangement.

I agree there would be PR considerations, and rightfully so, but more wins are pretty good PR too.

I'm pretty sure he's talking this season and his projected 41 goals which BTW is worth far more than what he's being paid this season.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:@Spez> call it an "educated guess". This is, after all, a rumour thread, right?

Stan Bowman is looking for a center. Fisher fits the profile of the kind of player Quenneville favours.

Fair enough. I can do math, no problem. Adding 4.2 million to the Hawks payroll going forward - including next year when Bolland comes back - seems like a stretch (impossible). But hey, you never know.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I'm pretty sure he's talking this season and his projected 41 goals which BTW is worth far more than what he's being paid this season.

Then it might be a good time to cash out? Sell high, right?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

That's one of the first things I thought of. I just don't think you can do it right now. But, again, if it lands us someone really good, I'm in.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here, now that we're discussing rumours, you KNOW Chicago wants to upgrade/get rid of the contract of Huet.

What would it take for them to pawn Huet off on us and get Leclaire back?

That's the kind of move they'll be looking to make. If not with us, with someone I would imagine. And if not this season, this summer.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:@Spez> call it an "educated guess". This is, after all, a rumour thread, right?

Fair enough. I can do math, no problem. Adding 4.2 million to the Hawks payroll going forward - including next year when Bolland comes back - seems like a stretch (impossible). But hey, you never know.

@Spez> Not a problem in principle, as the Hawks will be reducing their cap exposure at some point.

Ottawa has four pending FA defensemen.

The Blackhawks have two they are ready to trade who fit BM's budget.

Chicago has some reasonably priced forwards who would help the Sens.

There are a few prospects Mr. Murray might like.

Bowman has the money right now to replace Bolland if he puts him on LTIR.

There are some interesting packages to consider.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Here, now that we're discussing rumours, you KNOW Chicago wants to upgrade/get rid of the contract of Huet.

What would it take for them to pawn Huet off on us and get Leclaire back?

That's the kind of move they'll be looking to make. If not with us, with someone I would imagine. And if not this season, this summer.

I see Washington as the prime trading candidate to re-acquire Huet in the off season. That said, I have no problem with Leclaire, who's a very good goaltender.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:

I see Washington as the prime trading candidate to re-acquire Huet in the off season. That said, I have no problem with Leclaire, who's a very good goaltender.

I personally have very little problem with Huet. Aside from the deal.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

True enough but are we going to get enough offense to replace him? We've already gotten rid of a 40 plus goal scorer in Heatley.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum