GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Practice Line - up

+11
LeCaptain
KidKarlsson
TheAvatar
jamvan
beerandsens
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

61Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:41 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We have 26 players now with Brodeur likely on his way to bingo after he clears waivers. We need to drop 3 players to get to the max. Z. Smith, Lee and Carkner go to Bingo and there's your 23. Then you take a couple weeks to a month to evaluate the veterans you are considering trading. Schubert is waived at some point likely which drops you to 22. Once Winchester is back from injury a trade will have been made most likely and you stay at 22.

That's how I think it'll go down as well.

How does that 23-man roster look cap-wise?

62Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:42 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We have 26 players now with Brodeur likely on his way to bingo after he clears waivers. We need to drop 3 players to get to the max. Z. Smith, Lee and Carkner go to Bingo and there's your 23. Then you take a couple weeks to a month to evaluate the veterans you are considering trading. Schubert is waived at some point likely which drops you to 22. Once Winchester is back from injury a trade will have been made most likely and you stay at 22.

Now things could change depending on who they are able to move. For example if they really want to move Kelly,Donovan or Picard but the only interest they're getting is for Ruutu they may be forced to move him to make the needed room who knows?

63Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:

How does that 23-man roster look cap-wise?

Good question. I leave in about 5 minutes so have fun anyone who's interested in figuring out if that works for the Cap or not.

64Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just waive Schubert now and keep Carkner or Lee (preferably Carkner for now), but yes, you have the right idea for sure.

65Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He cleared and he's been assigned already.

66Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TSN2 has the Sens game tomorrow night.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=684

And it should be in HD.

Mmmmmmmmmmm HD.

67Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Fish12 wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:
N4L wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:Who does he push out though? We already have to send Lee down... I'm all for getting rid of Campoli, but we probably won't be getting a 1st back for him Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 42360

I think Picard might be on his way out considering. Can Capoli, Kuba, and Karlsson bring what Picard does? I think so... if they dont want to give up Picard, you can always make him a 7th D man. Doesnt hurt having a guy there anyways.

I just.... he just... he can be SO good!! I don't think people around here (as in anywhere) understand just how good this guy could be one day. He has all the tools to be the perfect all-around defenseman. I mean: Perfect!

I will be PISSED if Murray dumps him. I would much rather see Chris-stopgap-Campoli head out of town.

why the hate on Campoli? He is much more reliable and puts up better numbers than Picard.

I don't see how you can make that argument. Picard never played for this team in a reliable system. Thats why he doesn''t have the support of most fans and media. I sincerely doubt he is or ever was on the trading block. That sounds more like a media fabrication....

We'll see how you guys feel in December...

68Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:11 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:Who does he push out though? We already have to send Lee down... I'm all for getting rid of Campoli, but we probably won't be getting a 1st back for him Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 42360

Campoli? Diddle that noise man. Picard and Lee. Lee to Bingo, Picard to the press box and we have some insurance in case there are injuries. To me, we've been missing a fast, bullet-shooting D-man for a long, long time. We're just getting Karlsson in here and there's still room for Campoli IMO - easily.

Well Picard's shot is no joke... We'll see which one stays and which one goes, but my money is on Picard having the greater upside. Campoli simply filled a gap last year.

69Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i agree with you CC picard was injured a lot last year so it was even hard for him to build consistency i would like to see what he could do under clouston with some games and practises under his belt

70Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Well Winchester is out for a bit so you will start the season with an extra forward anywyas.

As far as sending Cranker down, dont think it's happening before Smith and Lee get sent down anyways, so there is 23 players with Winchesters injury. Schubert is gone and it's just of matter of when right now, so that's 22 guys to start the year which is exactly what Clouston said he wanted to go with.

You have 7 D men and 13 forwards, that's just fine. Carkner will start the season in Ottawa the way it's looking and there is no reason he shouldnt.

The one guy I dont want to see go anywhere in Donovan. That's a guy that can step in at any time and help this team out with injuries, guys slacking off, so on. Having Donovan around in the shadows will keep everyone on their toes and come playoff time he could very well be one of those guys you want on the ice night in and night out.

Lee and Smith down to Bingo, Shubert waived. That's all you need to do for now.

71Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:46 pm

Seems pretty simple. Does that get us cap compliant?

72Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:51 pm

CCgotITcovered wrote:Seems pretty simple. Does that get us cap compliant?

Lee and Schubert is like 2.2 mil off the cap and I think they are under it right now anyways, so yeah, I believe so.

73Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:30 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:Seems pretty simple. Does that get us cap compliant?

Lee and Schubert is like 2.2 mil off the cap and I think they are under it right now anyways, so yeah, I believe so.

It's a little tight. About $1.2 mil in cap space ($1.7 mil if you invoke the bonus cushion -- again, not a good idea at all this year, if you ask me).

BM's previously stated comfort cap zone is closer to $2 mil. And BM has said very recently he wants a 21-man roster. Still, they might move away from that. 23 players (22 + injured Winchester) means you have 2 call ups on hand in the invent of injury on hand, after all...

PLAYERBONUSCAP HIT
2009-2010 Ottawa Senators
FORWARDS
Jason Spezza $7,000,000
Alexei Kovalev $5,000,000
Daniel Alfredsson $4,875,000
Milan Michalek $4,333,333
Mike Fisher $4,200,000
Jonathan Cheechoo $3,000,000
Chris Kelly $2,125,000
Chris Neil $2,000,000
Jarkko Ruutu $1,300,000
Nick Foligno ($65,000)$850,000
Shean Donovan $625,000
Peter Regin $607,500
Ryan Shannon $600,000
Jesse Winchester $550,000
DEFENSEMEN
Filip Kuba $3,700,000
Chris Phillips $3,500,000
Anton Volchenkov $2,500,000
Erik Karlsson ($425,000)$1,300,000
Alexandre Picard $800,000
Chris Campoli $633,333
Matt Carkner $500,000
GOALTENDERS
Pascal Leclaire $3,800,000
Brian Elliott $850,000
BUYOUTS
Ray Emery$229,167
Daniel Alfredsson$700,000
LOST VIA REENTRY WAIVERS
NONE
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER SIZE23
SALARY CAP$56,800,000
PAYROLL$55,578,333
BONUSES $490,000
CAP SPACE$1,711,667

74Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
As far as sending Cranker down, dont think it's happening before Smith and Lee get sent down anyways, so there is 23 players with Winchesters injury.

You can't send anyone named Cranker down to the minors, the name is too cool.

75Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:TSN2 has the Sens game tomorrow night.

And it should be in HD.

Mmmmmmmmmmm HD.

I don't even know where TSN2 is on Rogers. Is it? If it is, what are the chances of a free preview being on?

76Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

And it should be in HD.

Mmmmmmmmmmm HD.

I don't even know where TSN2 is on Rogers. Is it? If it is, what are the chances of a free preview being on?

I believe TSN2 took the old TSN number in the 400s TSN2 is 407 although it might be different depending on where you are in the city or do they still do that? I'm in Orleans and it's 407 for me. TSN is 406.

- Unknown Author

77Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:03 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

And it should be in HD.

Mmmmmmmmmmm HD.

I believe TSN2 took the old TSN number in the 400s TSN2 is 407 although it might be different depending on where you are in the city or do they still do that? I'm in Orleans and it's 407 for me. TSN is 406.
On my Rogers guide, TSNHD is 506 and TSN2HD is 507. For SD, TSN is 30 (as it has always been) and TSN2 is 98.

78Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:23 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
On my Rogers guide, TSNHD is 506 and TSN2HD is 507. For SD, TSN is 30 (as it has always been) and TSN2 is 98.

Any alternatives for us chumps who "only" pay for TSN1, NHLN (game broadcast here in the US, but blacked out in Canada), and NHLCI?

Sens Practice Line - up - Page 5 0666

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum