GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Practice Line - up

+11
LeCaptain
KidKarlsson
TheAvatar
jamvan
beerandsens
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Sens Practice Line - up Empty Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:43 am

From SensChirp, which was from Sens Twitter...

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson
Kovalev-Regin-Fisher
Foligno-Shannon-Cheechoo
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Schubert-Donovan-Smith

I'd have to say I like the look at these forward lines.

2Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The thing that makes it even more attractive to be married to a girl who knows hockey inside-out is that we talked at length last night about Regin and the line of Foligno - Regin - Fisher. I was saying that I wanted to see Regin with Kovalev and Alfredsson so that it would allow Cheechoo to take the right side with Spezza and Michalek. I want to see what Regin can do with a Kovalev or an Alfredsson or Michalek. We've seen the chemistry with Foligno and Fisher, now let's see what else he can do.

3Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:52 am

SpezDispenser wrote:The thing that makes it even more attractive to be married to a girl who knows hockey inside-out is that we talked at length last night about Regin and the line of Foligno - Regin - Fisher. I was saying that I wanted to see Regin with Kovalev and Alfredsson so that it would allow Cheechoo to take the right side with Spezza and Michalek. I want to see what Regin can do with a Kovalev or an Alfredsson or Michalek. We've seen the chemistry with Foligno and Fisher, now let's see what else he can do.

But why move Regin away from the Fish when they are playing so well together? If anything I'd consider Alfie with Fisher and Regin.

4Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:53 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DirtyDave wrote:From SensChirp, which was from Sens Twitter...

Kovalev-Regin-Fisher
Foligno-Shannon-Cheechoo
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Schubert-Donovan-Smith

I'd have to say I like the look at these forward lines.

I have to say that every time we really like the look of the practice lines, they never end up in the game!! Sens Practice Line - up 68747

5Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:
But why move Regin away from the Fish when they are playing so well together? If anything I'd consider Alfie with Fisher and Regin.

Why not? See if Regin can have the kind of impact on a Kovalev or an Alfredsson. The straw that stirs the FFS were all equal parts IMO, but I have to give a lot of credit to Foligno, he appears to be the catalyst. I think it's he and Fisher that mesh like no one since Fisher and Havlat. I could be wrong, but I'd be open to see other stuff before we hit the reg. season.

6Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:54 am

DirtyDave wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The thing that makes it even more attractive to be married to a girl who knows hockey inside-out is that we talked at length last night about Regin and the line of Foligno - Regin - Fisher. I was saying that I wanted to see Regin with Kovalev and Alfredsson so that it would allow Cheechoo to take the right side with Spezza and Michalek. I want to see what Regin can do with a Kovalev or an Alfredsson or Michalek. We've seen the chemistry with Foligno and Fisher, now let's see what else he can do.

Forget what I wrote I think I read what you wrote bottom to top :S

7Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

Why not? See if Regin can have the kind of impact on a Kovalev or an Alfredsson. The straw that stirs the FFS were all equal parts IMO, but I have to give a lot of credit to Foligno, he appears to be the catalyst. I think it's he and Fisher that mesh like no one since Fisher and Havlat. I could be wrong, but I'd be open to see other stuff before we hit the reg. season.

Yeah. Now's the time to experiment. Not so much in November.

8Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:56 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

We definitely have lots of options... which were not used to... just like B Murray as GM I have full confidence in C. Cloust.

9Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like that they're keeping Fisher and Regin together to see if that chemistry continues. They're also giving Regin a chance to play with Kovalev so I don't see a problem here. If Regin keeps Fisher scoring then they're going to be paired together regardless of what potential he has on other line combos. You will likely see the other winger position change if they feel like experimenting IMO.

- Unknown Author

10Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:15 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Full set of lines, including defense:

Kovalev-Regin-Fisher
Foligno-Shannon-Cheechoo
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Schubert-Donovan-Smith

Phillips-Volchenkov
Kuba-Karlsson
Picard-Campoli
Carkner-Lee

11Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:17 pm

shabbs wrote:Full set of lines, including defense:

Kovalev-Regin-Fisher
Foligno-Shannon-Cheechoo
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Schubert-Donovan-Smith

Phillips-Volchenkov
Kuba-Karlsson
Picard-Campoli
Carkner-Lee

Probably safe to say that Lee, Smith and Schubert will be sent down to Bingo

12Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Picard gets waived before Lee gets sent down personally. But, then again, we can do that and save cap space, but is Lee needing anymore time in Bingo? Or does he not have a choice?

13Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I think Picard gets waived before Lee gets sent down personally. But, then again, we can do that and save cap space, but is Lee needing anymore time in Bingo? Or does he not have a choice?

I wouldn't waste Picard like that just to save Lee the grief of going to Bingo. He's on a two-way, use it.

14Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I wouldn't waste Picard like that just to save Lee the grief of going to Bingo. He's on a two-way, use it.

Fair enough.

15Sens Practice Line - up Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I think Picard gets waived before Lee gets sent down personally. But, then again, we can do that and save cap space, but is Lee needing anymore time in Bingo? Or does he not have a choice?

I wouldn't waste Picard like that just to save Lee the grief of going to Bingo. He's on a two-way, use it.

Amen to that. Picard is a nice big presence on the blue line, with some offensive upside. We don't have to decide Lee versus Picard while we've got the luxury of that two-way. Use it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum