GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Practice Line - up

+11
LeCaptain
KidKarlsson
TheAvatar
jamvan
beerandsens
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

31Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:03 pm

CCgotITcovered wrote:Who does he push out though? We already have to send Lee down... I'm all for getting rid of Campoli, but we probably won't be getting a 1st back for him Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 42360

I think Picard might be on his way out considering. Can Capoli, Kuba, and Karlsson bring what Picard does? I think so... if they dont want to give up Picard, you can always make him a 7th D man. Doesnt hurt having a guy there anyways.

32Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:04 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CCgotITcovered wrote:Who does he push out though? We already have to send Lee down... I'm all for getting rid of Campoli, but we probably won't be getting a 1st back for him Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 42360
Move Schubert out, send Lee down, keep Carkner as the 7th and rotate him in to get him some ice time.

33Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:05 pm

shabbs wrote:
Move Schubert out, send Lee down, keep Carkner as the 7th and rotate him in to get him some ice time.
Yeah I can dig it. Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Icon_cool

34Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:07 pm

N4L wrote:

I think Picard might be on his way out considering. Can Capoli, Kuba, and Karlsson bring what Picard does? I think so... if they dont want to give up Picard, you can always make him a 7th D man. Doesnt hurt having a guy there anyways.

I just.... he just... he can be SO good!! I don't think people around here (as in anywhere) understand just how good this guy could be one day. He has all the tools to be the perfect all-around defenseman. I mean: Perfect!

I will be PISSED if Murray dumps him. I would much rather see Chris-stopgap-Campoli head out of town.

35Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:07 pm

Lee and Schubert wont be here, none of those guys are Murray or CLouston guys.

36Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Yeah thats pretty much a guarantee. Lee can be used best in a deal at the deadline. Until then: enjoy the bus rides!

37Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He takes Schubert's roster spot as the D/F swing-guy. The question you should be asking is who do Karlsson and Regin push out.

38Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:LOVE Carkner, I'll keep saying it. He is good enough a player alone to be a 6 guy. His game is solid, not complicated at all, very simple. He plays within his skill set and doesnt try to be anything he's not.

Caving in people's faces is a bonus.

Ditto. Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Icon_cool

39Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:10 pm

wprager wrote:

He takes Schubert's roster spot as the D/F swing-guy. The question you should be asking is who do Karlsson and Regin push out.

The thing is Carkner is showing himself to be a decent D man. Very Smith like.

40Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:11 pm

wprager wrote:

Regin pushes out Kelly as soon as Winchester is healthy. Or Kelly comes out on fire and Winchester waits in the weeds.

Karlsson pushes down Campoli and pushes out Lee. Its already a done deal.

41Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:

Absolutely. I'm just saying that we shouldn't be wondering if he should be pushing out Picard or Campoli; that's what Karlsson is doing.

42Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Ahhh, well put.

43Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:13 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:

Exactly my fear. Could this guy really get that much better in 1 year? I'm not convinced he can keep up with the speed of the NHL game.

NOT SOLD!!!

44Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Might not be sold on him, which is fine, but there is no way he shouldnt be given a chance to fail.

45Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:19 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Might not be sold on him, which is fine, but there is no way he shouldnt be given a chance to fail.
I guess, but I still wouldn't pencil him ahead of Lee, Picard and Campoli. Is there room for him to even get the chance?

46Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:30 pm

jamvan wrote:
N4L wrote:Might not be sold on him, which is fine, but there is no way he shouldnt be given a chance to fail.
I guess, but I still wouldn't pencil him ahead of Lee, Picard and Campoli. Is there room for him to even get the chance?

Put him way ahead of Lee. Lee has nothing The Sens need, Carkner defently does whether he can play at The NHL level or not. Lee is going to have to actually show he has something, anythign worth keeping around.

Picard, I could go either way on him, but again, if Carkner is good enough to be the 6th guy and not hurt the team when he is on the ice then he should be there ove Picard.

Carkner has earned a shot, doesnt matter who likes him and who doesnt.

47Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:34 pm

As for Lee alone, he isnt even a 1st round bust at this point, he's a draft bust. He is basically the poster boy for why Muckler isnt here anymore and why Murray has stock piled the D. He looked good with Cowen on his other side but for the most part, Lee is garbage. Tons of tools he just has no clue how to use them.

48Sens Practice Line - up - Page 3 Empty Re: Sens Practice Line - up Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Put him way ahead of Lee. Lee has nothing The Sens need, Carkner defently does whether he can play at The NHL level or not. Lee is going to have to actually show he has something, anythign worth keeping around.

Picard, I could go either way on him, but again, if Carkner is good enough to be the 6th guy and not hurt the team when he is on the ice then he should be there ove Picard.

Carkner has earned a shot, doesnt matter who likes him and who doesnt.

Just a couple of days ago you were (nearly) singing the praises of Lee. You were saying that, perhaps, putting him with someone like Carkner brings out the bit of edge he showed late last season. On the flip side, it's possible, perhaps, that playing with Lee helped Carkner just as much as the reverse.

Bottom line, they played well together; no guarantee either one will play well partnered with someone else.

Unfortunately what stands in the way of the Sens making an informed decision is the cap space and roster limits. Lee's 2-way helps in that regard but, unfortunately, if we alternate playing those two we are risking the "no guarantee" from the previous paragraph.

Good thing it's not my job to make these decisions. Not that I couldn't make them or wouldn't make the right ones, necessarily. Wait, maybe it's a bad thing that it's not my job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum