GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

An old HB tradition. Sens Line Combos!!

+5
Sens4thecup
TeamRenzo
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1An old HB tradition.  Sens Line Combos!! Empty An old HB tradition. Sens Line Combos!! Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:13 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I haven't done this in ages and I thought it might be interesting to do this based on what you think the team looks like post Trade Deadline. Here is what I see happening.

Heatley Spezza Alfredsson

Foligno Zubov Shannon

Donovan Fisher Winchester

Ruutu Bass Z. Smith

Traded: McAmmond, Neil, Vermette, Kelly, Schubert

Lee - Phillips

Picard - Volchenkov

Bell - Smith

Traded: Kuba

Elliot
Auld

Waived: Gerber

Keep in mind this is just post Deadline and not at all what I expect breaking training camp in 09/10.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I haven't done this in ages and I thought it might be interesting to do this based on what you think the team looks like post Trade Deadline. Here is what I see happening.

Foligno Zubov Shannon

Donovan Fisher Regin

Ruutu Bass Z. Smith

Lee - Phillips

Picard - Volchenkov

Bell - Smith

Elliot
Auld

Keep in mind this is just post Deadline and not at all what I expect breaking training camp in 09/10.

I'm wondering what the return was for all those traded players lol. Draft picks and prospects i suppose.

why does everyone always forget Winchester lol

Mine would be like this:
Vermette-Spezza-Alfredsson
Heatley-Fisher-Winchester
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Foligno-McAmmond-Donovan

Kuba-Phillips
Volchenkov-Picard
Lee-Schubert

Elliot
Auld

They're making a run for it.
(I reserve the right to change my mind if they lose either of the two games before the All-Star break)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Am...I the only one who would keep Vermette if we can't get anything more than a 3rd (or the equivalent) for him?

504Heater wrote:Am...I the only one who would keep Vermette if we can't get anything more than a 3rd (or the equivalent) for him?

No. His value is way higher than that I'd say. On a good team we know he's good for 20-25 goals, can kill penalties and is a top face off guy. I think he could fetch more than a 3rd easily...or should anyway.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ruutu Bass Z. Smith
btw Z.Smith has 1 goal in his last 25 games or something like that. He struggled big time after Zubov and Shannon were called up and he hasn't been the same since. He is nowhere near NHL ready, despite how things looked at the start of the season. He's apparently in one of those "one step back" stages and hasn't shown signs of taking the two steps forward.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Alfredsson - Spezza - Fisher
Foligno - Vermette - Heatley
Winchester - Kelly - Neil
Ruutu - McAmmond - Donovan

Phillips - Lee
Volchenkov - Picard
Smith - Bell/Schubert

Elliot
Auld

This is based on the fact that I don't think we'll find takers for Kelly, Smith, Schubert and we might just end up eating it and keeping Vermette.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Heatley McDonald Alfredsson
Vermette Zubov Hunter
Ruutu Bass Park

Traded: Spezza, Neil, Kelly

Lee - Streit
Phillips - Volchenkov
Schubert - Smith

Elliott
Auld

Traded: Gerber

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If I'm Melnyk, I don't let you trade Spezza. It's cutting off your nose in spite of your face.

10An old HB tradition.  Sens Line Combos!! Empty Re: An old HB tradition. Sens Line Combos!! Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:26 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:why does everyone always forget Winchester lol

Mine would be like this:
Vermette-Spezza-Alfredsson
Heatley-Fisher-Winchester
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Foligno-McAmmond-Donovan

Kuba-Phillips
Volchenkov-Picard
Lee-Schubert

Elliot
Auld

They're making a run for it.
(I reserve the right to change my mind if they lose either of the two games before the All-Star break)

I fixed my post.

- Unknown Author

11An old HB tradition.  Sens Line Combos!! Empty Re: An old HB tradition. Sens Line Combos!! Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:27 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:Heatley McDonald Alfredsson

Vermette Zubov Hunter

Ruutu Bass Park

Traded: Spezza, Neil, Vermette, Kelly
Lee - Streit

Phillips - Volchenkov

Schubert - Smith

Elliott
Auld

Traded: Gerber

THE RICHARD PARK? Hells Bells! We're back in contention! :lol!:

12An old HB tradition.  Sens Line Combos!! Empty Re: An old HB tradition. Sens Line Combos!! Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:29 am

cash wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ruutu Bass Z. Smith
btw Z.Smith has 1 goal in his last 25 games or something like that. He struggled big time after Zubov and Shannon were called up and he hasn't been the same since. He is nowhere near NHL ready, despite how things looked at the start of the season. He's apparently in one of those "one step back" stages and hasn't shown signs of taking the two steps forward.

That's a shame. Ah well, it's not like he's 25. He's got plenty of time to improve. He's a hard working kid, so I think he'll be fine.

13An old HB tradition.  Sens Line Combos!! Empty Re: An old HB tradition. Sens Line Combos!! Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:If I'm Melnyk, I don't let you trade Spezza. It's cutting off your nose in spite of your face.

I'm sure Gene will let me hang on to my schnozz if I get the 1st round NYI pick and have a crack at Tavares.

14An old HB tradition.  Sens Line Combos!! Empty Re: An old HB tradition. Sens Line Combos!! Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:33 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:If I'm Melnyk, I don't let you trade Spezza. It's cutting off your nose in spite of your face.

I'm sure Gene will let me hang on to my schnozz if I get the 1st round NYI pick and have a crack at Tavares Hedman.

Fixed. Wink

15An old HB tradition.  Sens Line Combos!! Empty Re: An old HB tradition. Sens Line Combos!! Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:56 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I haven't done this in ages and I thought it might be interesting to do this based on what you think the team looks like post Trade Deadline. Here is what I see happening.

Foligno Zubov Shannon

Ruutu Bass Z. Smith

Lee - Phillips

Picard - Volchenkov

Bell - Smith

Elliot
Auld

Yeah its not bad if we're "not chasing the playoffs" - or "tanking" for short - but if we are in fact doing that, then Gerber should remain with us and Elliott should go back to Bingo.
There are still a few other issues, though: A) Bass is out for the season; B) Z.Smith really isn't ready for the NHL...not even on the 4th line. He's physically mature enough, but his game is nowhere near polished enough. Think of Jim O'Brien in the preseason - kind of like that, except O'Brien couldn't handle the speed or the physical dimension, whereas Smith can't handle the speed and the precision.
Also I've never been sold on Shannon's ability to compete at the NHL level. I just don't think he's one of the small players who can make it.
And am I the only one who still feels like Smith has value to a playoff bound team and therefore still has value on the trade market?

More than anything, if we're not making a run, I want Heatley waiving his NMC and waiving goodbye.
I'd also seriously reconsider re-signing McAmmond - and I was saying that before his little offensive explosion in the past two games. I think he's still got a lot left to give. I'd give him another 3-4 quality years in the NHL, barring any more concussions or injuries.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum