GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holy Depth Batman!

+18
Laker
ddt
mickbud
spader
davetherave
wprager
LeCaptain
Sp00nz
asq2
Hoags
KidKarlsson
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
SensGirl11
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

91Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:49 am

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:
It hasn't worked for Chris Kelly. Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 428331

He's not known as Hands of Stone for nothing.

He's not paid nothing either. Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 68747

92Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:29 am

Sp00nz

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Chris Kelly is Chris Kelly. He's not going to be needed on a team where the top 6 can play well defensively. However on a team where the top 6 is limited to offense, Kelly can be a godsend. He's great at what he does, he's just not going to light up the score board.

He was invaluable to the Senators when they were a one line team, now that they have offensive and defensive depth in the top 6 he is expendable.

Somebody will want him, i just dont think that Murray will get a lot for him at this point in time.

93Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sp00nz wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Chris Kelly is Chris Kelly. He's not going to be needed on a team where the top 6 can play well defensively. However on a team where the top 6 is limited to offense, Kelly can be a godsend. He's great at what he does, he's just not going to light up the score board.

He was invaluable to the Senators when they were a one line team, now that they have offensive and defensive depth in the top 6 he is expendable.

Somebody will want him, i just dont think that Murray will get a lot for him at this point in time.

At this point in time, I really don't want a lot for him. Seriously, a 3rd rounder and I'm there. Take Schubert as well, and we can make that a 4th rounder.

Not that I want to devalue Kelly's worth. He can be a contributor on a certain type of team. I want him -- Kelly the player -- to wind up winning from this team. He can still get 30 points playing 3rd line, somewhere, killing penalties, filling in on the 2nd line as needed. Just not in Ottawa.

94Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:53 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

According the Sens Chirp the players drawing the most interest are Kelly (Sabres and Devils), Lee and Ruutu. I would sooner deal Kelly.

I wonder if the Devils would be interested in Kelly and Jim O'Brien for Josefson and a 4th or something like that?

95Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:05 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:According the Sens Chirp the players drawing the most interest are Kelly (Sabres and Devils), Lee and Ruutu. I would sooner deal Kelly.

I wonder if the Devils would be interested in Kelly and Jim O'Brien for Josefson and a 4th or something like that?

something tells me we might not get much interest in that deal.

96Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:According the Sens Chirp the players drawing the most interest are Kelly (Sabres and Devils), Lee and Ruutu. I would sooner deal Kelly.

They're good with Josefson. They need a star D-man - with no offense to Paul Martin et. all, they could use an Ed Jovanovski or someone of the ilk. Chris Kelly? Maybe, Lou's teams always have fine checkers and they lost Madden.

97Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:44 am

Paul Martin is a really under rated guy in the NHL. Moves the puck well, solid in hiw own end, and a pretty smart player. Martin is top 4 pretty much any team. Top 2 on a lot.

98Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:03 am

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

If Kelly goes to the Devils, I could see him having a monster year...

99Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:05 am

Kelly is an NJ Devil at heart. They would absolutely be a better team with him in that lineup and could very well turn into one of the best known shut down centers in the league there. Lemaire would LOVE him.

Hopefully you can get a 3rd for him. They could also use a big body in Schubert as well for PK and perhaps on the PP with a big shot. If there is anything the Devils can do its turns table scraps into a feast.

100Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:08 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Kelly is an NJ Devil at heart. They would absolutely be a better team with him in that lineup and could very well turn into one of the best known shut down centers in the league there. Lemaire would LOVE him.

Hopefully you can get a 3rd for him. They could also use a big body in Schubert as well for PK and perhaps on the PP with a big shot. If there is anything the Devils can do its turns table scraps into a feast.

I think these swirlings have legs. Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 639591 Holy Depth Batman! - Page 7 50327

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum