GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holy Depth Batman!

+18
Laker
ddt
mickbud
spader
davetherave
wprager
LeCaptain
Sp00nz
asq2
Hoags
KidKarlsson
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
SensGirl11
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

31Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:33 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cloverleaf wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:I don't think you see spezza with Cheechoo even though the last couple posters believe otherwise. You would be wasted your best pure offensive talent in spezza. Cheechoo is long gone and anyone that watches Western hockey knows that. There is a reason the trade went down te was it did. Although you think you may have added depth and you did with kovalev and michalek, cheechoo is a depth player you don't want at his salary.

If the Ottawa media brings up his challenges as a kid trying to make it in hockey enough times and he is branded as "good in the community" he'll be viewed as a bargain in no time.

On-ice performance in Ottawa is only gravy.
??? I know you can't be serious! A team full of wade reddens! Come on seriously. On ice doesn't matter, I have never heard that before in my life.

Redden's the perfect illustration of my point. Ever listen to a post-game show?

"I think everybody needs to get off Wayne's back. He does a lot for the CHEO and he's been through a lot..."

32Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:06 pm

KidKarlsson

Rookie
Rookie

SensGirl11 wrote:Alright, so, I was thinking this morning about our situation here. It really isn't a bad situation to be in but it's difficult to predict how our lines will end up. I thought I had it all figured out the other day, but clearly with the emergence of the Foligno-Regin-Fisher line, everything has changed.

There is absolutely no way that Regin isn't making the team. Murray knows he has to do something and he's working on it. Whether anything is going to happen before the season starts is another question. Kelly's contract is pretty hefty, but he does bring a lot to the table, scoring clearly isn't one of those things, but that's not what he's about. It's not really someone I want to part with, but there really isn't any room for him anymore. He may even find himself on the 4th line for the time being.

Now...if we can trade him it is going to look like this.

I'm really not sure how the top line is going to work itself out, but we can all throw in our scenarios here.

Here is mine.

Michalek-Spezza-Kovalev - Still not convinced that Kovalev and Spezza can play a full year together..
2a) Foligno-Regin-Fisher LOCKED
2b)Cheechoo-Shannon-Alfie-->huge dillema. No idea where Alfie ends up now...Fun line though!
Ruutu-Winchester-Neil

Extra - Donovan

Now...Alfie is getting older, he need not play top line minutes anymore, we need him to be at his best and strongest all year. The only way he can do that is by playing 2nd line minutes, and 1st PPunit, IMO.

That's a pretty slick lineup right there. We would have to call the 2nd and 3rd lines 2A and 2B because that's really what it is with those guys. Our 4th line shall be called our 4th line.

IF Kelly doesn't get moved, we have such a big problem it's not even funny. Winchester cannot be pushed out of the lineup, IMO. He's done everything that was asked of him and more. It would be terrible to let him sit. Now, he might be someone a team asks about, but I personally wouldn't let him go. He's our best grinder along the boards, easily, since we lost Schaeffer.

I think you flip Alfie with Kovy, although I would really like to see Spezza and Kovy work some magic and Alfie not be relied upon for first line minutes. His body can only take so much abuse these days

33Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:10 pm

KidKarlsson

Rookie
Rookie

Jordo wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

You might be right if he doesn't get his Dung together. I'm willing to give him a mulligan for a few games, but he really needs to start showing something. I have not been impressed yet at all. He might be better suited playing with Spezza. that might be the only way to get him going and get the most out of him.

A lot of us have been saying this since day 1. Michalek can create his own chances, so can Alfredsson and Kovalev.... Cheech definitely has finishing ability, when he's put in the right scenario. I'm inclined to do this:

Cheech-Spezz-Kovalev
Michalek-Shannon-Alfredsson
Fisher-Regin-Foligno
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Donovan
Winchester

I can also see Kelly being moved out- and as his biggest advocator on this site for a VERY long time, I think it's finally come to the point where we don't have a spot for him. It's a shame, because although he has a pretty hefty contract for his limited offensive ability- he really is one of the smartest guys out there.

sign me up! Man all three of those line have the potential to put up monster numbers. So glad I got my tickets to the home opener. Lets get this season going already

34Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:^ He's not serious. But Cheechoo is a huge favourite around the league, that much is for sure. Everyone's rooting for him to succeed here.

Has Cheechoo played with Spezza any ? Early on they were hyping the two playing together but now Cheechoo is on the 3rd line ....

35Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:31 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:^ He's not serious. But Cheechoo is a huge favourite around the league, that much is for sure. Everyone's rooting for him to succeed here.

Has Cheechoo played with Spezza any ? Early on they were hyping the two playing together but now Cheechoo is on the 3rd line ....

I believe they played part of one pre-season game together, but don't think they have been together since, Michalek seems to fit in much better.

36Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:03 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
Hoags wrote:

I believe they played part of one pre-season game together, but don't think they have been together since, Michalek seems to fit in much better.

To be fair, no one from inside the org was hyping anything. Cheechoo and Spezza lined up beside each other for one practice at the start of the pre-season and by all accounts haven't been together since. Obviously it wasn't a fit. As you may remember, Foligno was on Spezza's left side in the first pre-season game Spezza played. As soon as Michalek landed, he was stitched to Spezza's hip.

Predicting Cheechoo at Spezza's side is predicting a failure of the Michalek-Spezza alliance. Until either that happens or Michalek gets injured, you won't see Cheechoo anywhere near Spezza (except maybe on the PP, but thats still unlikely)

37Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:07 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
Hoags wrote:

To be fair, no one from inside the org was hyping anything. Cheechoo and Spezza lined up beside each other for one practice at the start of the pre-season and by all accounts haven't been together since. Obviously it wasn't a fit. As you may remember, Foligno was on Spezza's left side in the first pre-season game Spezza played. As soon as Michalek landed, he was stitched to Spezza's hip.

Predicting Cheechoo at Spezza's side is predicting a failure of the Michalek-Spezza alliance. Until either that happens or Michalek gets injured, you won't see Cheechoo anywhere near Spezza (except maybe on the PP, but thats still unlikely)

Why must you say such things? Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 639591

38Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:15 pm

Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 812636 I could barely type it.

39Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:03 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

CCgotITcovered wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
Hoags wrote:

If the Foligno-Regin-Fisher line stays in tact, Cheech will most likely end up on the third line. Of course that line could have Alfie on it, so who knows lol.

Maybe more of a 2a-2b. Or 1a-1b-1c

40Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:The only problem I see with Regin is that he can't win faceoffs apparently. They moved Fish back to center in last night's game, whether it was only for the faceoffs is another question. Didn't see the game, so I'm not sure.

Regin and Spezza have to work together to get his faceoffs up to par.

Regin is better at faceoffs than anybody on this team, he may have been average last night, but he certainly can be better than Spezza and FIsher.

Also, if Jordo says Kelly should be dealt, he should be dealt Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 668437

41Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:45 pm

Spezza has seriously upgraded his faceoff skills over the past few seasons. Saying its a certainty that Regin doesn't give enough credit to Spezza for that.

42Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Is Spezza over 60% ? I think Regin is.

43Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:The only problem I see with Regin is that he can't win faceoffs apparently. They moved Fish back to center in last night's game, whether it was only for the faceoffs is another question. Didn't see the game, so I'm not sure.

Regin is better at faceoffs than anybody on this team, he may have been average last night, but he certainly can be better than Spezza and FIsher.

Also, if Jordo says Kelly should be dealt, he should be dealt Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 668437

Regin had a great night his first time out. I think he won something like 6 of his first 7. Don't forget that he was probably taking draws against the other team's depth center. By season's end Regin finished with a 53.2 winning percentage. Very good, actually. Spezza, going against the top centers, mind you, ended up at 53.3%.

Yes I am the statsinator.

44Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:

Regin had a great night his first time out. I think he won something like 6 of his first 7. Don't forget that he was probably taking draws against the other team's depth center. By season's end Regin finished with a 53.2 winning percentage. Very good, actually. Spezza, going against the top centers, mind you, ended up at 53.3%.

Do you statsinate in public?
Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 668437

45Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:06 pm

only when the numbers add up juuuuuustt right Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 668437

46Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:19 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:only when the numbers add up juuuuuustt right Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 668437

Some people are addicted to statsination. They have to do it, three, four times a day.

Hopefully our good friend Prager has a handle on his habit.

Last edited by davetherave on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

47Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:24 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:I don't think you see spezza with Cheechoo even though the last couple posters believe otherwise. You would be wasted your best pure offensive talent in spezza. Cheechoo is long gone and anyone that watches Western hockey knows that. There is a reason the trade went down te was it did. Although you think you may have added depth and you did with kovalev and michalek, cheechoo is a depth player you don't want at his salary.

If the Ottawa media brings up his challenges as a kid trying to make it in hockey enough times and he is branded as "good in the community" he'll be viewed as a bargain in no time.

On-ice performance in Ottawa is only gravy.
??? I know you can't be serious! A team full of wade reddens! Come on seriously. On ice doesn't matter, I have never heard that before in my life.

Redden's the perfect illustration of my point. Ever listen to a post-game show?

"I think everybody needs to get off Wayne's back. He does a lot for the CHEO and he's been through a lot..."

Your avatar is another example.

48Holy Depth Batman! - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:

Do you statsinate in public?

Hey, it was either The Statsinator or The Statzi (Stats Nazi).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum