GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holy Depth Batman!

+18
Laker
ddt
mickbud
spader
davetherave
wprager
LeCaptain
Sp00nz
asq2
Hoags
KidKarlsson
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
SensGirl11
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Holy Depth Batman! Empty Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:36 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Alright, so, I was thinking this morning about our situation here. It really isn't a bad situation to be in but it's difficult to predict how our lines will end up. I thought I had it all figured out the other day, but clearly with the emergence of the Foligno-Regin-Fisher line, everything has changed.

There is absolutely no way that Regin isn't making the team. Murray knows he has to do something and he's working on it. Whether anything is going to happen before the season starts is another question. Kelly's contract is pretty hefty, but he does bring a lot to the table, scoring clearly isn't one of those things, but that's not what he's about. It's not really someone I want to part with, but there really isn't any room for him anymore. He may even find himself on the 4th line for the time being.

Now...if we can trade him it is going to look like this.

I'm really not sure how the top line is going to work itself out, but we can all throw in our scenarios here.

Here is mine.

Michalek-Spezza-Kovalev - Still not convinced that Kovalev and Spezza can play a full year together..
2a) Foligno-Regin-Fisher LOCKED
2b)Cheechoo-Shannon-Alfie-->huge dillema. No idea where Alfie ends up now...Fun line though!
Ruutu-Winchester-Neil

Extra - Donovan

Now...Alfie is getting older, he need not play top line minutes anymore, we need him to be at his best and strongest all year. The only way he can do that is by playing 2nd line minutes, and 1st PPunit, IMO.

That's a pretty slick lineup right there. We would have to call the 2nd and 3rd lines 2A and 2B because that's really what it is with those guys. Our 4th line shall be called our 4th line.

IF Kelly doesn't get moved, we have such a big problem it's not even funny. Winchester cannot be pushed out of the lineup, IMO. He's done everything that was asked of him and more. It would be terrible to let him sit. Now, he might be someone a team asks about, but I personally wouldn't let him go. He's our best grinder along the boards, easily, since we lost Schaeffer.

2Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Hahaha, I love the 2A, 2B. PERFECT.

3Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree, it's a waste to sit Winchester on his contract and for what he brings.

Diddle it, depth is good and Murray made his bed by signing Neil and Kelly to rich contracts. Good luck Murray, better you than me. Ahhhhh!

4Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:46 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:I agree, it's a waste to sit Winchester on his contract and for what he brings.

Diddle it, depth is good and Murray made his bed by signing Neil and Kelly to rich contracts. Good luck Murray, better you than me. Ahhhhh!

Kelly is gone IMO. Regin can do his job and make other players better... I like Kelly, but his time is up.

5Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:46 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Very true. He's going to have to deal with it, why he did what he did is beyond me, but as you say, better him than me! Holy Depth Batman! 639591 Holy Depth Batman! 50327

I guess he didn't foresee Regin being quite at the level he is at right now and wanted to cover his Donkey.

6Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:Hahaha, I love the 2A, 2B. PERFECT.
Laughing3

7Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:47 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I agree, it's a waste to sit Winchester on his contract and for what he brings.

Diddle it, depth is good and Murray made his bed by signing Neil and Kelly to rich contracts. Good luck Murray, better you than me. Holy Depth Batman! 50327

Kelly is gone IMO. Regin can do his job and make other players better... I like Kelly, but his time is up.

Absolutely. And Smith isn't far from being in the lineup either and he's a perfect replacement for Kelly. He might not be quite as smart yet, but that comes with experience.

8Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Would Regin be the Kelly replacement or would it be more like a Z. Smith? Regin to me seems to be more like the 2nd line center we've been looking for.

9Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm

Smith is going to take a very similar path compared to Kelly. He will be the Captain in Bingo, work on his game, so on and on. He also has more of an edge, better offensive potential, and could be just as smart over time.

Smith will step in for injuries and probably be a fixture next year.

10Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:Winchester cannot be pushed out of the lineup, IMO. He's done everything that was asked of him and more. It would be terrible to let him sit...

Plus he's from the Seaway Valley and he went to my sons High School in Cornwall and he played Junior B in Winchester in the rink my son plays now. For those reasons alone he needs to get a lifetime deal. Holy Depth Batman! 668437

11Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:54 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Winchester cannot be pushed out of the lineup, IMO. He's done everything that was asked of him and more. It would be terrible to let him sit...

Plus he's from the Seaway Valley and he went to my sons High School in Cornwall and he played Junior B in Winchester in the rink my son plays now. For those reasons alone he needs to get a lifetime deal. Holy Depth Batman! 668437

Carefuly....you're dating yourself. Holy Depth Batman! 78253

12Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:11 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Hahaha, I love the 2A, 2B. PERFECT.

I think she did that for your benefit lol.

13Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:13 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

The only problem I see with Regin is that he can't win faceoffs apparently. They moved Fish back to center in last night's game, whether it was only for the faceoffs is another question. Didn't see the game, so I'm not sure.

Regin and Spezza have to work together to get his faceoffs up to par.

14Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:13 pm

I'm totally ok with that.

15Holy Depth Batman! Empty Re: Holy Depth Batman! Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:14 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

You had me convinced as soon as you said Seaway. Holy Depth Batman! 807786

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum