GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2nd line centerman - holy cow, and remembering other Sens stuff

+11
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
andyman998
Sp00nz
beerandsens
wprager
asq2
Vandelay
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
TheAvatar
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Frick.

I just realised we had our 2nd line center years ago and lost him for nothing. Do you guys know that frickin' Todd White (whom I always liked but never thought of as high octane, high point guy) had more points than Mr. HEATLEY last year. That's on a pretty crummy team (Atlanta)

There was a guy who loved to play here (in his actual hometown of Kanata); was great in the room; loved by his teammates; doesn't make a ton of money.

I like Mucks even less now ...

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Did Mucks just let him walk too? he was a good all around player too not only can he get points he had a good defensive game

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I recall he and Alfie having some really great chemistry too.

He was a victim of the cap in Ottawa.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I thought he had left before the lockout ...

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

I remember meeting White at NHL breakout (roller hockey tournament on the sb parking lot). He was there with Andre Roy. White hadn't yet played a game for the sens and I really had no idea who he was. Anyway, very down to earth guy. Asked us how the game went, yada yada yada. I just assumed he was a nobody.

Who knew, all these years later, he'd be an established 2nd line center! Good for him.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Vandelay wrote:I remember meeting White at NHL breakout (roller hockey tournament on the sb parking lot). He was there with Andre Roy. White hadn't yet played a game for the sens and I really had no idea who he was. Anyway, very down to earth guy. Asked us how the game went, yada yada yada. I just assumed he was a nobody.

Who knew, all these years later, he'd be an established 2nd line center! Good for him.

He was a first-line centre for Atlanta this year - his leftwinger can probably help explain his point totals.

They'll go down this year, I think. Antropov's almost assuredly going to play with Kovalchuk, and if he doesn't, it's because they've put Kane there. Little also is a centre on the second line, so White may go down to the third.

A good guy who managed to produce with Alfredsson, but not a loss I'm losing sleep over. Unlike Chara.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I ain't losing sleep over that either but White vs. Vermette ?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:I ain't losing sleep over that either but White vs. Vermette ?

I bet Vermette could put up 73 points on a line with Kovalchuk.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I ain't losing sleep over that either but White vs. Vermette ?

I bet Vermette could put up 73 points on a line with Kovalchuk.

Yep.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I wasn't a big Todd White fan, I haven't double checked the stats so feel free to correct me but I just remember him looking useless in the playoffs. Super useless.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

beerandsens wrote:I wasn't a big Todd White fan, I haven't double checked the stats so feel free to correct me but I just remember him looking useless in the playoffs. Super useless.

White was solid in the playoffs when the team was. He played on the second line with Alfie while the Arvedson-Bonk-Hossa line was dominant.

They had great chemistry together, white is a slick, fast pass first player who can dangle a little bit. He scored one of the most impressive goals the Sens have ever scored in the playoffs. Single handedly splitting the D.

Of course then Ricard Perrson took his double minor and Toronto upset the Sens yet again.

I Can't remember if he walked or was traded for peanuts, but I've always wished the Sens held onto him. He's a local boy as well.

andyman998

andyman998
Prospect
Prospect

Sp00nz wrote:
beerandsens wrote:I wasn't a big Todd White fan, I haven't double checked the stats so feel free to correct me but I just remember him looking useless in the playoffs. Super useless.

White was solid in the playoffs when the team was. He played on the second line with Alfie while the Arvedson-Bonk-Hossa line was dominant.

They had great chemistry together, white is a slick, fast pass first player who can dangle a little bit. He scored one of the most impressive goals the Sens have ever scored in the playoffs. Single handedly splitting the D.

Of course then Ricard Perrson took his double minor and Toronto upset the Sens yet again.

I Can't remember if he walked or was traded for peanuts, but I've always wished the Sens held onto him. He's a local boy as well.

30-Jul-05 Ottawa Senators traded Todd White to the Minnesota Wild for a 4th round selection (previously acquired from Colorado - Ottawa selected Cody Bass) in 2005.

As for playoffs he has 11pts in 43 NHL playoff games

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

a 4th rounder??? 2nd line centerman - holy cow, and remembering other Sens stuff 812636

w/e...did you see the team we iced that year 2nd line centerman - holy cow, and remembering other Sens stuff 42360

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

andyman998 wrote:
Sp00nz wrote:

30-Jul-05 Ottawa Senators traded Todd White to the Minnesota Wild for a 4th round selection (previously acquired from Colorado - Ottawa selected Cody Bass) in 2005.

As for playoffs he has 11pts in 43 NHL playoff games

Somehow I'm not surprised he doesn't produce much in the playoffs (overall). And he is supposed to be a skill guy, not a gritty guy, not a clutch guy so... what do you get when a skill guy doesn't produce? You get rid of him... for a 4th rounder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum