GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2nd line centerman - holy cow, and remembering other Sens stuff

+11
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
andyman998
Sp00nz
beerandsens
wprager
asq2
Vandelay
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
TheAvatar
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

a 4th rounder??? 2nd line centerman - holy cow, and remembering other Sens stuff - Page 2 812636

w/e...did you see the team we iced that year 2nd line centerman - holy cow, and remembering other Sens stuff - Page 2 42360

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

andyman998 wrote:
Sp00nz wrote:
beerandsens wrote:I wasn't a big Todd White fan, I haven't double checked the stats so feel free to correct me but I just remember him looking useless in the playoffs. Super useless.

White was solid in the playoffs when the team was. He played on the second line with Alfie while the Arvedson-Bonk-Hossa line was dominant.

They had great chemistry together, white is a slick, fast pass first player who can dangle a little bit. He scored one of the most impressive goals the Sens have ever scored in the playoffs. Single handedly splitting the D.

Of course then Ricard Perrson took his double minor and Toronto upset the Sens yet again.

I Can't remember if he walked or was traded for peanuts, but I've always wished the Sens held onto him. He's a local boy as well.

30-Jul-05 Ottawa Senators traded Todd White to the Minnesota Wild for a 4th round selection (previously acquired from Colorado - Ottawa selected Cody Bass) in 2005.

As for playoffs he has 11pts in 43 NHL playoff games

Somehow I'm not surprised he doesn't produce much in the playoffs (overall). And he is supposed to be a skill guy, not a gritty guy, not a clutch guy so... what do you get when a skill guy doesn't produce? You get rid of him... for a 4th rounder.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

beerandsens wrote:
andyman998 wrote:
Sp00nz wrote:
beerandsens wrote:I wasn't a big Todd White fan, I haven't double checked the stats so feel free to correct me but I just remember him looking useless in the playoffs. Super useless.

White was solid in the playoffs when the team was. He played on the second line with Alfie while the Arvedson-Bonk-Hossa line was dominant.

They had great chemistry together, white is a slick, fast pass first player who can dangle a little bit. He scored one of the most impressive goals the Sens have ever scored in the playoffs. Single handedly splitting the D.

Of course then Ricard Perrson took his double minor and Toronto upset the Sens yet again.

I Can't remember if he walked or was traded for peanuts, but I've always wished the Sens held onto him. He's a local boy as well.

30-Jul-05 Ottawa Senators traded Todd White to the Minnesota Wild for a 4th round selection (previously acquired from Colorado - Ottawa selected Cody Bass) in 2005.

Somehow I'm not surprised he doesn't produce much in the playoffs (overall). And he is supposed to be a skill guy, not a gritty guy, not a clutch guy so... what do you get when a skill guy doesn't produce? You get rid of him... for a 4th rounder.

It was a bonehead move. The Senators as a team failed in the playoffs, nobody can blame anything on White.

Imagine how much better the Sens would have been during their cup run with this guy playing on the second line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not convinced they would have done any better, actually. Fisher (our 2nd line center) was one of the few players in the lineup that actually played well.

I really like White, but the cup run did not require another small forward. What the cup run was lacking was big guys who could establish the forecheck, change of style to play in 'limited rules' environment and d-men who could make quick decisions on the backend to use speed against a punishing forecheck.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

beerandsens wrote:
andyman998 wrote:
Sp00nz wrote:

Would you trade Thornton for a pick? 2nd line centerman - holy cow, and remembering other Sens stuff - Page 2 89286

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It would have helped if Vermette could have caught Pronger, in game 1, with that hit he gave in game 5.

I also believe in momentum. That quick start we had in Anaheim could have made that a different series except it was followed up by failed attempts on the 5 on 3. After that the all-star calibre tandem of Phillips-A Train collapsed, Emery, Redden and Meszaros were exposed and the team, for the most part, fell apart like a house of cards. I think it also hurt us that Murray failed to adjust the lines before the series started choosing to see that move as a sign of weakness rather than simply good tactics.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It would have helped if Vermette could have caught Pronger, in game 1, with that hit he gave in game 5.

I also believe in momentum. That quick start we had in Anaheim could have made that a different series except it was followed up by failed attempts on the 5 on 3. After that the all-star calibre tandem of Phillips-A Train collapsed, Emery, Redden and Meszaros were exposed and the team, for the most part, fell apart like a house of cards. I think it also hurt us that Murray failed to adjust the lines before the series started choosing to see that move as a sign of weakness rather than simply good tactics.

Yeah, we actually had the lead in game 1. Imagine if we had held on to it? And in the second game Emery gave it everything but the rest of the team failed to deliver. If either one of those games goes the other way we come back to Ottawa tied 1-1. It's completely different series. Not saying we would have won it, but it would most likely have gone 7, and then who the hell knows what could happen.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:It would have helped if Vermette could have caught Pronger, in game 1, with that hit he gave in game 5.

Yeah, we actually had the lead in game 1. Imagine if we had held on to it? And in the second game Emery gave it everything but the rest of the team failed to deliver. If either one of those games goes the other way we come back to Ottawa tied 1-1. It's completely different series. Not saying we would have won it, but it would most likely have gone 7, and then who the hell knows what could happen.

I agree. It would have been a different series and at least competitive with the winner in question right to the end. That was heart breaking watching Emery's efforts in game two go to waste. It was even more heart breaking the way Alfie took over parts of game 5 only to have his team mates give up anyway.

- Unknown Author

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:
beerandsens wrote:
andyman998 wrote:
Sp00nz wrote:

Would you trade Thornton for a pick? 2nd line centerman - holy cow, and remembering other Sens stuff - Page 2 89286

No. I admit to oversimplifying but I still don't want White on the Sens. I don't think he would have been the answer in the playoffs. Not even close.

Sophomore
Sophomore

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

We could always regret trading Brooks Laich for Bondra... he could have easily been our 2nd line center. Who'd have thought.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If it means anything, I'm more excited about Peter Regin than I ever was about Todd White.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:If it means anything, I'm more excited about Peter Regin than I ever was about Todd White.

Todd White suffers from the Rodney Dangerfield syndrome and he always will. It's just the way it is. Good for him for succeeding, but it's easy to be indifferent about that guy for some reason?

Regin is the real deal.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

111519 wrote:If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.
And your Uncle would be gay.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
And your Uncle would be happy.

Trans-sexual, maybe, but the other part cannot be determined simply from the presence of one or more different sex organs.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
And your Uncle would be happy.

Trans-sexual, maybe, but the other part cannot be determined simply from the presence of one or more different sex organs.

I think you misunderstood. I think I may need a diagram for this.

OK so if his aunt had balls then his aunts husband, currently his uncle would therefore be happy right? And in fact both "uncles" would be happy. This is of course assuming that the Aunt (with balls) had a significant other.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum