GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens)

+30
Hockeyhero22000
BigRig
shabbs
mattshock
strachattack
Snuh
Amnesia021
Jordo
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
Vandelay
spader
jawal
jamvan
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
PKC
Tuk Tuk
asq2
SDH89
Hobiesens
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
wprager
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 23]

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

cas wrote:
mickbud wrote:
cas wrote:I wouldn't put too much stock into Guthrie. I wasn't sure if anyone would comment on him, but Imo he was nowhere until it started to become a blowout. He's not a bad player, but I wouldn't guarantee him a spot at camp just because of that snipe or that pass.

haha i was only playing him up like that cause he's my buddy...He's been told to report to Bingo on the 16th

2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 22 668437 really? Awesome. Good for him. I didn't expect to see him at the main camp, but I'm glad he'll get a chance to show if he can make it in Bingo. If you feel like it, tell him I said he needs to muck it up in the corners more. His forechecking is solid, but his work along the boards needs some work 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 22 Icon_smile

Ya I agree, he'll learn to muck and grind a little better in Bingo (if he makes it) i'm sure. College hockey is quite a bit different, but on a side note...My uncle Donny is the coach of Colgate University (where Jesse Winchester and Andy Macdonald both played) and he said that Shea would have been the best player in the ECAC if he played for him, so I think all he needs is some good coaching, and he could be a good pick-up for Bingo

Last edited by mickbud on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

I had a few buddies play in the ECAC as well. One of my best buddies played at St Lawrence for 4 years, that is a very competive division in the NCAA.

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

N4L wrote:I had a few buddies play in the ECAC as well. One of my best buddies played at St Lawrence for 4 years, that is a very competive division in the NCAA.

I was at SLU last weekend actually...my cousin goes there, saw the best hockey game of my life last year there too...St. Lawrence against Vermont...SLU won the game with .08 seconds left on the clock

Yeah, I didnt get to go down and see him play for St Lawrence but saw him play a few times for The Marlies. His brother is in the LA organization as well.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Heres a nice write up about the Bos/Sens game.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2224:at-the-rookie-tourney-part-iii&catid=17:archives-other-articles&Itemid=77

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mickbud wrote:Don't forget about Shea Guthrie...what a snipe he had, he played quite well for the ice time that he got and he started the whole play that got Svenson that beauty wrister that went upper dog on Reimer.

Yeah, he was pretty good as well, but you can see he needs a lot of work in some areas - skating seemed to be one as well. Dancereau (sp), while scoring 4 goals this tourney really needs to work on his skating as well (from what I saw).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mickbud wrote:
haha i was only playing him up like that cause he's my buddy...He's been told to report to Bingo on the 16th

:^^^^: Fair enough, that's really neat actually. How's his skating, do you know? It was a little hard to tell on Rogers.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Guest wrote:Karlsson is going to be an all-star in probably 2 or 3 years, at least The Sens best D man.

LMAO, good luck beating Lehner, hahaha.

Bump, lol

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Guest wrote:A "small" player coming straight out of the NCAA and dropping the gloves is actually pretty impressive in itself IMO. That doesnt happen every game, especially for a skilled guy like Condra.

People forget just how dominating this kid was playing for The Irish. He was a PPG guy and lead that team is scoring every year he was there (I think). This guy has NHL skill and has really used his time in college to develop and grow as he was drafted as a pretty small guy.

Like this one too.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Guest wrote:Karlsson is going to be an all-star in probably 2 or 3 years, at least The Sens best D man.

LMAO, good luck beating Lehner, hahaha.
Best... quote... ever

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I know he is only 15 but watch out for this kid Jean-Gabriel Pageau out of Gatineau. Little guy with gumption. Watch, in 4 years he may be on the Sens.
Good call man.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If you're going to quote all the times you were right about stuff, you should do the same with all the stuff you were wrong about.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

What fun is that?

Worst one I think was saying Colorado would win the division 2 seasons ago... essssssssssh. I just remember them being so dominate against a Sens team that actually ended up making the playoffs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:What fun is that?
Well, otherwise you're just bragging and being egotistical...which is a character trait most people really don't like.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
Well, otherwise you're just bragging and being egotistical...which is a character trait most people really don't like.
Yes, but now the question is does that person care what people think...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can we all just agree that "dominate" is a verb, and "dominant" is the adjective to describe someone?

Oh, and:

wprager wrote:
Man, I can't believe they gave Yashin the 'C'. I know they did it to keep him happy but this guy is as selfish as they come. Sure, he'll score a ton of points in the regular season but then will disappear in the playoffs and then what -- we get swept?

With any luck he'll get pissed off about his contract and sit out, and then the rest of the team can pull together under a new captain.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Yes, but now the question is does that person care what people think...
I think, as a general rule, that people who constantly try to demonstrate that they are/were right care deeply what others think, whether they admit that to themselves or not. Sarcasm 

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Ev wrote:I know he is only 15 but watch out for this kid Jean-Gabriel Pageau out of Gatineau. Little guy with gumption. Watch, in 4 years he may be on the Sens.
Good call man.
Ridiculous. Did you actually say that or are you f-ing around?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum