GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs

+5
BigRig
Bramlet07
PKC
rooneypoo
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

7-5 Sens win. Zubov with a goal, Winchester with 2, Nikulin with 2 assits. O'Keefe was in net for 2 periods apparently.

2Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:33 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:7-5 Sens win. Zubov with a goal, Winchester with 2, Nikulin with 2 assits. O'Keefe was in net for 2 periods apparently.

Nice to see Zubov and Winchester lighting it up some more... but *yikes* 5 goals against is pretty ugly. I hope O'Keefe (and not Elliott) just had a bad game and that all those goals against have nothing to do with shoddy defensive play...

3Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=381974

O'Brien's first goal in a Sens uni. Look at Zubov, Nikulin, Regin and Winchester go. Very nice.

4Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:19 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:7-5 Sens win. Zubov with a goal, Winchester with 2, Nikulin with 2 assits. O'Keefe was in net for 2 periods apparently.

Nice to see Zubov and Winchester lighting it up some more... but *yikes* 5 goals against is pretty ugly. I hope O'Keefe (and not Elliott) just had a bad game and that all those goals against have nothing to do with shoddy defensive play...

Apparently, O'Keefe played the first two periods and then Kevin Desfosses took over for the third. I would have liked to have seen Elliott play more in this tournament, even if just one period.

5Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:46 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

The leafs scored 2 quick goals on what looked like a nervous O'keefe but he settled down. They also scored 2 5-3 goals in the last 2 minutes of the game. So the defence wasent that bad.

6Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:58 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Bramlet07 wrote:

The leafs scored 2 quick goals on what looked like a nervous O'keefe but he settled down. They also scored 2 5-3 goals in the last 2 minutes of the game. So the defence wasent that bad.

Ah, that's music to my ears. Smile I hope Winchester especially continues this strong play.

My guess is Elliott will get this last game coming up. I hadn't thought of it before, but I guess it's to be expected: you can't play a goalie 3 nights in a row.

7Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:04 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:

Ah, that's music to my ears. Smile I hope Winchester especially continues this strong play.

My guess is Elliott will get this last game coming up. I hadn't thought of it before, but I guess it's to be expected: you can't play a goalie 3 nights in a row.

Ya Winchester had a really strong game. As did Z. Smith who had a huge open ice hit and a nice effort on the short handed emptynetter.
One guy that stunned me with his play was Schenn, for a guy who had 3 assists he was terrible. He couldnt make a pass to save his life.

8Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bramlet07 wrote:

Ya Winchester had a really strong game. As did Z. Smith who had a huge open ice hit and a nice effort on the short handed emptynetter.
One guy that stunned me with his play was Schenn, for a guy who had 3 assists he was terrible. He couldnt make a pass to save his life.

Excellent! Z.Smith is Chris Kelly V2.0, is that a fair assessment?

Also, how did O'Brien actually look? Does he look good and strong?

Uh what else...Regin? Any good?

9Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:57 am

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

O'Brien played well, definitly going to need another year or two in the minors though. Same with Regin who i was surprised was on the PK in the 3rd. Is he considered good defencivly? or was it just cuz the sens played most of the period short handed? I dont know that much about him.

10Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:22 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

anyone know if the games are on TV anywhere? Since there's highlights and all, I figure they must be ...maybe on LeafsTV ( :x ) or NHL NTK?

11Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:25 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

this is all great news... Although, like Rooney, when I saw the score, I initally thought, WTF>!?! But if the Sens were shorthanded a lot, then I cannot, nor should I fault the man between the pipes.

Schenn looking awkward, eh? Could be first game jitters or something...

12Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:26 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BigRig77 wrote:anyone know if the games are on TV anywhere? Since there's highlights and all, I figure they must be ...maybe on LeafsTV ( :x ) or NHL NTK?

Hey Bigrig,

I've been wondering the same thing. I thought Rogers cable 22 might be airing them, but since I am not local to theOttawa area, I don't really know.

Someone somewhere must have it though. Sopcast or TVU perhaps?

13Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:19 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

BigRig77 wrote:anyone know if the games are on TV anywhere? Since there's highlights and all, I figure they must be ...maybe on LeafsTV ( :x ) or NHL NTK?

I think I read that they are on Leafs TV, although that may be a delayed airing?

14Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:14 am

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Aetherial wrote:

I think I read that they are on Leafs TV, although that may be a delayed airing?

If it is aired dont be fooled and think it was a sellout, as it was only half full. They just placed everyone on the same side, opposite the cameras.

15Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Empty Re: Rookie Sens beat Rookie Leafs Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:40 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sneaky...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum