GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME WEEKEND: Jets @ Sens Sat. 7PM and Leafs @ Sens Sun. 6PM

+5
tim1_2
Vandelay
LeCaptain
Ev
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's the Sens Game Weekend!

First up, the Winnipeg Jets. Fresh (they hope) off a 4-3 SO loss to the Penguins (where they went 5 for 5 on the PK) the Jets are in town to start their 5-game road trip. The Jets have played two more games than the Sens and have the same number of wins and points. Looking at the team stats I'd have to say that the Sens are better in every regard other than the PK, where the Jets are 3rd overall and 1st on the road. Of course that doesn't mean they can take them lightly -- but that goes for every team in the league.

After the Jets fly out of town the Sens will have no time to mull over however the game ended, as the Leafs (and their fans) roll into town for an early (6PM) Sunday night game. Both teams will be tired, but at least the Sens will have gotten to be earlier, as the Leafs host the Rangers Saturday night. One can only hope for a lengthy affair with a 15-round SO, but in any case the Leafs will be rolling into town in the wee hours of the morning while the Sens will be (if they are smart) snug in bed by 11PM.

Anderson and Lehner are likely to split the goaltending duties, the only question now is who gets whom. Do you play Anderson tonight against a (somewhat) tougher Western team, or stress the importance of intra-division points and let him go #beastmode on the Leafs? Or, maybe, since the season is still young, let him play the Jets *and* the Leafs?

We'll find out in due time.

GO SENS GO!
GO SENS GO!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stepan will be back against the Leafs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

BTW tonight's game is on Sportsnet, tomorrow is on CityTV and TVA.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phillips on the ice for the morning skate.  Of he's in, who comes out? Weircioch with a game winning goal and an assist in the last two games?

Last edited by wprager on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like Phillips and Ryan are out

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ryan i s game time decision

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson starts, Phillips out, Ryan game time. That about it?

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Not sure if this was mentioned on here but I thought this was a nice little stat from yesterday's sun:

"Mark Stone is tied for third among all NHLers in takeaways, with 16"

It'll be interesting to see how that line does with increased minutes and tougher matchups. So far, this season has perfect for their development and confidence building. If they continue like this, we'll be seeing how they do as a true second line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Refs for to right are Chris Lee and Brad Meier. Sens are 1-4 with the former and 4-1 with the latter.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Evande Kane collided with a teammate at practice and had to leave early. Probably nothing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interestingly, when Phillips was out skating this morning, it was Cowen as the extra skater. And you wouldn't believe how the rest were paid up. Phillips-Ceci, Borowiecki-Karlsson, gryba-Wiercioch.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kane apparently will be good to go.

If Ryan can't go, they better move Chiasson up and leave the functioning lines together. Condra can come in and play the right side on ZBad's line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Kane apparently will be good to go.

If Ryan can't go, they better move Chiasson up and leave the functioning lines together. Condra can come in and play the right side on ZBad's line.

Out of left field, why not put on Greening? Of nothing else he could create a little space for TurMac, and he managed to bang in 17 when playing on the top line before.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Of course PMac will probably move Neil up. Sarcasm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Kane apparently will be good to go.

Out of left field, why not put on Greening?  Of nothing else he could create a little space for TurMac, and he managed to bang in 17 when playing on the top line before.  

I just said Condra because he's a RW. Don't really care if it's Greening or Condra.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum