GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #57: Jets @ Sens, Feb 19, 2017, 5:00pm

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens return home from a successful Fathers she Sons road trip to face Laine and the Jets. Both teams played the day before, but the Jets played a 1PM game and we're probably in their hotel rooms by the time the puck dropped fit the Sens game in Toronto. I'm hoping the dads stick around for one last have before heading back to their homes; we will need a little luck as the schedule maker have is a tough one with the early 5pm start.

With last night's win the Sens are 2 points back of the Habs and still hold three games in hand; from a winning percentage point of view they are actually ahead. Even a loser point would place them first in the Atlantic - something almost no-one thought possible at the start of the season.

Laine had a huge collision with Radulov last night, but finished the game, collecting an empty net goal. Hopefully he wakes up a little sore. Ottawa had last change so hopefully they target him all night long.

Condon was named the starter yesterday. Neil had less than 4 minutes of ice time. Wouldn't surprise me if he say out and Lazar came back in.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Alright....This is our chance. Let's do it. I hope after this that Anderson gets the vast majority of the starts, as he is great when he gets in a groove. That said, let's F up these Jets.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Take the lead early and keep adding... 11 - 0 Sens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd take a Pyatt SO win, to be perfectly honest.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Expecting Lazar to draw back in. He will score, I can feel it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With Ryan out indefinitely Boucher says he will go with 11F. Lazar will play, so Neil likely sits.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really don't get the whole 7D thing, but OK.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Byfuglien shoves Turris from behind into the boards....No call. Neat.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Now Hoffman's injured. That blows.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stone and Hoffman hurt? ??

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And wingels.  Wonderful evening

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Open season on our players, I guess.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Is it time to start using the Draft lottery simulator ?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bad first shot goal, bad cameras angles. But the team had no push back after Stone got hit. No one went after Trouba (or Scheifelr or Laine, for that matter). They didn't score on the ensuing powerplay.

Can a ref call a major on a hit to the head? If they can, that should have been a major. Boucher was clearly upset it was only 2 and he likely knows the rulebook better than the refs. But not sure if he was calling for a double minor or major. IMO when an illegal play results in an injury that knocks the player out the guilty party should receive an automatic game misconduct. That is exactly how the DOPS works - if the play broke a rule and the other player got injured, then a suspension is handed out. But the team whose player got hurt is rarely the beneficiary. Five gashes? Big deal, we don't see this team again for six months (or whatever arbitrarily long time).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I missed how Hoffman got hurt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum