GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

+4
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's a day early, but I've got a bit of time, so here's the GDT.

The Sens are still in a fairly comfortable spot, sitting 2nd in the Division and 3 points up on the Leafs (Boston is actually in 3rd but, let's face it, they've played 5 fewer games than either Ontario team and that's going to be hard to overcome). But Florida is four back, Carolina at 5, and the Islanders are 6 back and have played the same number of games as Ottawa. A little three-game losing streak and we could find ourselves in a wildcard spot, or worse.

Good thing for us, we will, once again, be playing a tired team, as the Blues are playing the Broadstreet Bullies tonight at 7, before hopping on a 2 hour flight to Ottawa for the game tomorrow night. In addition to the schedule help, the Blues also just lost Robbie Fabbri for the rest of the year to a knee injury in Saturday's loss to the Penguins. Fabbri was playing on a line with Tarasenko and with him out of the lineup the Blues lose a lot of speed up-front. On paper, this should be an easy W for Ottawa.

Although they initially were targeting the Blues game as a possible return for Craig Anderson, recent tweets indicate that he is *not* on the ice at practice this morning. So it looks like we'll have at least one more game for Condon (I doubt that one save in relief on Saturday changes anyone's opinion on Hammond). We will know for certain soon enough.

I don't expect to see Neil out there, as the Blues aren't a rough team. Let's see if Lazar can get to 30 games with out a goal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson not expected back until Saturday:

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/senators-must-beware-of-the-road-through-the-atlantic-division-to-the-playoffs

On the weekend, Senators coach Guy Boucher sounded optimistic that Anderson could be ready to return to back-up in time for Saturday’s game against the Islanders.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We could use him right now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like it could be Kelly or Lazar sitting:
‏@gordwilson wrote:
Sens line combos at practice 2today
Smith-brassard-stone
Dzingel-turris-ryan
Hoffman-pageau-pyatt
Wingels-kelly/lazar-neil
#tsn1200

Lazar has said, in the past, how he prefers playing center. Wingels-Lazar-Neil. All righties, but they will probably be doing a lot more banging than passing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd make the change of putting smith with turris and Ryan and keep dzingel with pageau.  You need someone with a history of finishing in that position and dzingel had looked really solid but missed some prime opportunities

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If you could combine Dzingel and Ryan, you'd have the perfect player. I'll be at this game...somewhere way up in 300s with my older daughter. I don't think there's any way we lose this game. Guaranteed win night.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Looks like it could be Kelly or Lazar sitting:
‏@gordwilson wrote:
Sens line combos at practice 2today
Smith-brassard-stone
Dzingel-turris-ryan
Hoffman-pageau-pyatt
Wingels-kelly/lazar-neil
#tsn1200

Lazar has said, in the past, how he prefers playing center.  Wingels-Lazar-Neil.  All righties, but they will probably be doing a lot more banging than passing.
I'll put my money on lazar being the one sitting. Or Neil.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Blues won last night, Hutton with the 2-0 shutout over the falling Flyers. According to Ev, teams never win both games on back to back nights. Guaranteed win night.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens still not saying of Condon will start. He needs rest, but do the Sens have any faith left in The Hamburglar?

Last edited by wprager on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think there's much fairy in the Hamburglar. After 2 days off, I expect to see Condon tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We were supposed to get Jake Allen, but after Hutton's shutout last night they might go right back to him in goal.

Shouldn't matter. Tired team, missing a top line player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hammond starts. Go figure that one out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting comparison.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=1&gameType=2&report=goaliebystrength&pos=G&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20142015&seasonTo=20162017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,50&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,&sort=evSavePctg

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hammond starts, that's quite odd. I guess Boucher really wants Condon to have a day or two off.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Two possible reasons. Anderson is not as close as they had hoped. Or there is some interest in Hammond or Condon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum