GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #51: Blues @ Sens, Feb 7, 2017, 7:00pm

+4
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not at all good enough.  Work harder.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I didn't see the last two goals. Couldn't really blame Hammond got any of the first four. And he was the main reason it was still scoreless after one. The whole team's play against a supposedly tired team was unacceptable. They were sleepwalking out there. There's no way a team that played their second game in 24 hours should be waltzing around a team that had a full day's rest. And after being shut out the previous game, this is the effort they put out?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The nice part of last night was me and my daughter could safely leave after the 3rd St Louis goal early in the third, so we dodged the traffic.

What. A. Debacle. Man, this was frustrating to watch. I wonder if there's a locker room divide right now...Karlsson and Bobby R maybe? I dunno.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Instead of the Noise Meter they should have put up a Give-a-Crap Meter, with the needle testing around zero. As the coach on Letterkenny says, "F***ing embarrassing!"

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:The nice part of last night was me and my daughter could safely leave after the 3rd St Louis goal early in the third, so we dodged the traffic.

What. A. Debacle.  Man, this was frustrating to watch.  I wonder if there's a locker room divide right now...Karlsson and Bobby R maybe?  I dunno.

I don't think there's a locker divide, I think the Sens are getting a long overdue wakeup call that they're not an elite team and need to work very hard every night.

About Bobby Ryan...everyone knows I was a huge fan of Ryan when we got him and felt it was imperative we re-signed him, even at 7.25 per year. But man...this guy sucks. He's Mark Stone before Mark Stone worked his arse off to skate at the NHL medium, he tries high percentage moves that don't work 90% of the time, he appears lethargic, he never gets a good shot off, he can pass from time to time, but 7.25 million for someone who can pass sometimes and gets in front of the net (again, sometimes) to deflect pucks?

Holy Dung...we're in trouble. And it's not like this guy is gonna get faster, he's gonna slow down (which actually makes me snicker, because that's almost impossible).

Dorion has a choice to make - looking at the future where Karlsson, Turris, Stone etc. will need new contracts. How the heck do we get rid of Bobby Ryan. Ugly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's always the buyout. Or they could try to pry Lou from Shanahan's grip and let him figure it out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:There's always the buyout. Or they could try to pry Lou from Shanahan's grip and let him figure it out.

The buyout is like 10 years, isn't it? There must be someone out there who wants Ryan?...?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:There's always the buyout. Or they could try to pry Lou from Shanahan's grip and let him figure it out.

The buyout is like 10 years, isn't it?  There must be someone out there who wants Ryan?...?

Maybe someone like Arizona who needs to hit the cap floor. But I imagine we'd have to give up some futures as well. There are very few scenarios where I see Bobby Ryan being traded.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

The buyout is like 10 years, isn't it?  There must be someone out there who wants Ryan?...?

Maybe someone like Arizona who needs to hit the cap floor. But I imagine we'd have to give up some futures as well. There are very few scenarios where I see Bobby Ryan being traded.

I wish he'd work harder to skate at the NHL medium. I'm tremendously disappointed in him. If it's the hernia that's never recovered, then that's life I guess, but I suspect it's laziness mixed in there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There is not a single team that needs to hit the floor. Most of them have no cap space, including Arizona. And we have no idea where Vegas will sit once they are done with the draft.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I wish he'd work harder to skate at the NHL medium.  I'm tremendously disappointed in him.  If it's the hernia that's never recovered, then that's life I guess, but I suspect it's laziness mixed in there.

A friend of mine who is close with some players on the team said he is by for the most talented player on the team but doesn't spend any time in the gym and doesn't seem to care.

Maybe Team USA's assessment on him is true. Guy can't spell intensity. It's quite evident to me that he doesn't care.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I wish he'd work harder to skate at the NHL medium.  I'm tremendously disappointed in him.  If it's the hernia that's never recovered, then that's life I guess, but I suspect it's laziness mixed in there.

A friend of mine who is close with some players on the team said he is by for the most talented player on the team but doesn't spend any time in the gym and doesn't seem to care.

Maybe Team USA's assessment on him is true. Guy can't spell intensity. It's quite evident to me that he doesn't care.

I'm afraid you're right in that assessment. And those kind of players don't survive in this highly competitive league. What the heck are we gonna do...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I'm convinced his retreat in Idaho isn't really doing wonders for his conditioning or prepping him well enough for the NHL. Might have worked before but not in this day and age.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoff-Machine wrote:I'm convinced his retreat in Idaho isn't really doing wonders for his conditioning or prepping him well enough for the NHL.  Might have worked before but not in this day and age.

Agreed.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I'm afraid you're right in that assessment.  And those kind of players don't survive in this highly competitive league.  What the heck are we gonna do...

LTIR?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I'm afraid you're right in that assessment.  And those kind of players don't survive in this highly competitive league.  What the heck are we gonna do...

LTIR?

What I find surprising is that Boucher hasn't found a way to motivate him. I mean, he's got a degree in psychology.

Boucher hasn't thrown Ryan under the bus not once. Could it be that we're missing on something? You would think that if there was a problem with Ryan it might leak out in some way.
Maybe they are trying to find a way to move him.
I think it's fair to think that exposing him at the draft and loosing him for nothing might not be the worst idea if we're to face more of this. I'm not completely against Ryan but there's gotta to be a turning point because his play isn't going to to lead us anywhere. He went from a guy that could create nice goals to being a garbage goal guy. You have to wonder where his heads at.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:I'm convinced his retreat in Idaho isn't really doing wonders for his conditioning or prepping him well enough for the NHL.  Might have worked before but not in this day and age.

Haha "prepping."

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

LTIR?

Not sure if he's at that stage where any time off would help. I wish I knew if it's still his hernia or if he's just lazy and unmotivated - I'm really curious for whatever reason.

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

LTIR?

What I find surprising is that Boucher hasn't found a way to motivate him. I mean, he's got a degree in psychology.

Boucher hasn't thrown Ryan under the bus not once. Could it be that we're missing on something? You would think that if there was a problem with Ryan it might leak out in some way.
Maybe they are trying to find a way to move him.
I think it's fair to think that exposing him at the draft and loosing him for nothing might not be the worst idea if we're to face more of this. I'm not completely against Ryan but there's gotta to be a turning point because his play isn't going to to lead us anywhere. He went from a guy that could create nice goals to being a garbage goal guy. You have to wonder where his heads at.

That's why I think it's a chronic issue resulting from his hernia. He's looked slow and laboring all year. If he's got a chronic problem, we are Cussed as Cussed can be in about 2 years when he's a sloth out on the ice with a near elite cap hit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum