GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #50: Sens @ Sabres, Feb 4, 2017, 7:00pm

+2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Senators had a nice bounce back game after the regulation loss in Florida. Tampa is a bit of a mess right now and they took advantage of it. All three of the Sens' top goal getters scored, leading to a three way tie at 18 between Turris, Hoffman and Stone (who added an assist to his two goals for a three point night). Karlsson had three assists in a bit of a statement game, after calling out his team's effort against Florida. The power play was clicking with two goals in five opportunities. Kelly celebrated his 800th game with an empty net marker. Boucher got a win in his first game against the team that fired him.

Sabres lost a heart breaker against the Rangers. Tied it up late, killed a penalty in OT, only to lose shortly after. Are they done? Eight points out of a playoff spot with two games in hand.  So close yet, with seven teams to pass to get there it is extremely unlikely at this point. Still, they always play the Sens hard and this is far from a gimme.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Play hard for 60 minutes and get a decisive win. 8-0 Sens.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Play hard for 60 minutes and get a decisive win. 8-0 Sens.

Precisely.  Cheers

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Same lineup for the Sens as last game. Lehner starts for Buffalo. Let's. Crush. Them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Play hard for 60 minutes and get a decisive win. 8-0 Sens.

Precisely.  Cheers

I admire your moxie, but that's not going to happen; Sens/Sabres games are usually very close. I'll take a shootout win, to be honest. Bank the points now. Next 13 games (and 17 of 18) are against teams not currently in a playoff spot, although a couple of them are close or may be when we play them (Leafs, Panthers, Blues). The teams that are close will have much to play for; the teams that are out of it have no pressure. Technically we should be able to win each of these games because we are -- record-wise -- better, but we all know this isn't how it works.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

After this stretch of 18 games, we play (in quick succession) the Hawks, Habs, Habs, Bruins, Pens, Habs, Flyers, Wild. That will be a tough stretch. Would be nice if we are a few points up by that time.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Three upcoming games against the Habs...See ya soon, 1st place.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

6-4 ottawa.  Hoffman with the hat track, Stone, Brassard and karlsson with 4 points each.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Three upcoming games against the Habs...See ya soon, 1st place.

They are not up-coming for a while. The first one is March 18. First we play a stretch of 18 games where 17 are against non-playoff teams (although the Leafs and Blues could be in a playoff spot by the time we play them). Then we play the Hawks. Then the Habs on March 18, 19 and 25. Three games in a week. That's almost like a playoff series, except we also play Bruins and Pens before the third game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also, 1st place team plays against one of the wildcard teams. Assuming the Metropolitan leader has more points we are talking about the 1st wildcard team, so whoever is 4th in the Met. Right now it's the Rangers, but could also be the Pens or Jackets. Earlier in the season the Caps were there. Facing a top-four team from the Metropolitan may not be the best way forward. If you finish 2nd then you play the 3rd place team in the Atlantic (Bruins, Leafs, Panthers). Maybe better to let the Habs and Rags beat the crap out of each other in the first round.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's correct, Tim.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

RocknRoll HappyDance1 RocknRoll

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I hope Lehner is nice and tired after that OT game. With any hope he went out partying to celebrate the loser point. Or maybe stayed up late at a bar, arguing the merits of his man Trump's Executive Order.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well this is pretty bad.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cannot get Anderson back soon enough

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]