GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #80: Sens @ Bruins, Apr 6, 2017, 7:00pm

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A loser point or a loss by Tampa in Toronto gets the Sens into the playoffs.  A win solidifies their lead for second place and home ice advantage in the first round.

Boston is hot,  having won 6 in a row.  Marchand has 39 goals and will find out later today if he gets a chance at 40. After escaping justice on two slew-foot incidents in one week,  I doubt he gets anything other than time served.

Clarke McArthur played less than 10 minutes in his first game in 18 months. He will improve going forward,  but at this point he is still a 4th liner. Karlsson is on the limp.  Andy will have to be in #BeastMode.

Go Sens go!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Prags, how often do you see a player, especially one with a rap sheet, get a hearing and come away without a suspension? He is obviously going to get a game or two.

Hopefully Karlsson plays tonight and then gets rested maybe on Sunday, giving him a few days off heading into the playoffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Prags, how often do you see a player, especially one with a rap sheet, get a hearing and come away without a suspension?  He is obviously going to get a game or two.

Hopefully Karlsson plays tonight and then gets rested maybe on Sunday, giving him a few days off heading into the playoffs.  

Marchand has 4 previous suspensions. He got a call after his slew foot on Kronwall and got a $10K fine. It happens. I think Dotchin was not hurt on the play as much as he showed, and he didn't miss a shift.

Frankly I don't care if he gets suspended or not. If he doesn't get anything, then the refs will surely be keeping a very close eye on him (and then Burrows could get away with a few things Smile ).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lightning play Toronto tonight and Montreal tomorrow, back-to-back games. Stamkos is not back and Johnson got hurt again in their last game. Toronto is still trying to get out of the wildcard and Montreal doesn't want to enter the playoffs on a losing streak, so those won't be gimme games. I doubt that Tampa will win both games. And the Rangers will surely be resting half their roster on Saturday (an away game with nothing to gain/lose). There are still no guarantees, but the playoffs are about as close to being clinched for the Sens as they could be.

So maybe they will rest Karlsson and root for Tampa, as weird as that sounds.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson not available tonight. Still have to win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lightning have won both games of a back-to-back four times this season.

Of course they lost both 3 times and split another 7, so it's still unlikely they win both.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Marchand get 2 games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

BREAKING: Marchand suspended 2 games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hobiesens wrote:Marchand get 2 games.

wprager wrote:BREAKING: Marchand suspended 2 games.

You were just sitting there waiting to hit Send.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Frank Vatrano will likely come in for Marchand. He has 10 goals/18 points in 42 games this season.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Prags, how often do you see a player, especially one with a rap sheet, get a hearing and come away without a suspension?  He is obviously going to get a game or two.

Marchand has 4 previous suspensions.  He got a call after his slew foot on Kronwall and got a $10K fine.  It happens.  I think Dotchin was not hurt on the play as much as he showed, and he didn't miss a shift.  

Frankly I don't care if he gets suspended or not.  If he doesn't get anything, then the refs will surely be keeping a very close eye on him (and then Burrows could get away with a few things Smile ).

Wrong again, Walter.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:A loser point or a loss by Tampa in Toronto gets the Sens into the playoffs.  A win solidifies their lead for second place and home ice advantage in the first round.

Boston is hot,  having won 6 in a row.  Marchand has 39 goals and will find out later today if he gets a chance at 40. After escaping justice on two slew-foot incidents in one week,  I doubt he gets anything other than time served.

Clarke McArthur played less than 10 minutes in his first game in 18 months. He will improve going forward,  but at this point he is still a 4th liner. Karlsson is on the limp.  Andy will have to be in #BeastMode.

Go Sens go!

Are you sure about that? I believe that if the Sens lose their remaining games, NYI could still catch them if they win out (and win at least 2 in reg).

EDIT: This also assumes that Boston and Toronto take the 2nd and 3rd spots in the division, leaving the Sens in a precarious position in the WC spot.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, the Isles can still catch them. Another thing Walter is wrong about. I'm losing track.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Marchand has 4 previous suspensions.  He got a call after his slew foot on Kronwall and got a $10K fine.  It happens.  I think Dotchin was not hurt on the play as much as he showed, and he didn't miss a shift.  

Frankly I don't care if he gets suspended or not.  If he doesn't get anything, then the refs will surely be keeping a very close eye on him (and then Burrows could get away with a few things Smile ).

Wrong again, Walter.

Wrong about predicting what the DOPS decides? Yeah, that's quite common.

But you're not going to acknowledge your own misstep?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:A loser point or a loss by Tampa in Toronto gets the Sens into the playoffs.  A win solidifies their lead for second place and home ice advantage in the first round.

Go Sens go!

Are you sure about that? I believe that if the Sens lose their remaining games, NYI could still catch them if they win out (and win at least 2 in reg).

EDIT: This also assumes that Boston and Toronto take the 2nd and 3rd spots in the division, leaving the Sens in a precarious position in the WC spot.

Yep, I caught that earlier on twitter. Forgot to update here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum