GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #56: Sens @ Leafs, Feb 18, 2017, 7:00pm

+4
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A big game deserves an early GDT.  The Leafs are coming off a loss to the Blue Jackets, and might be without Marner, who is dealing with an injury and missed practice this morning.  I am assuming they'll start Andersen in goal while we will counter with Matrix .  I also expect we'll see Neil back in the lineup in place of Lazar or maybe Kelly.  Hopefully Methot is feeling better and can play.  If he's back, we'll see BoroCop or Claesson healthy-scratched.

Toronto is 3 points back of Ottawa, but we have a game in hand. We're 4 points back of the Habs with 3 games in hand.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We can't keep losing to the leafs. Hopefully having Anderson back gives us what we need

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:We can't keep losing to the leafs. Hopefully having Anderson back gives us what we need

We're 2-1 against them this year.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Unacceptable!!!! :crossarms:

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:We can't keep losing to the leafs. Hopefully having Anderson back gives us what we need

Kinda. The two wins were in OT and Shoot-Out. Their win was regulation. So both teams have 4 points in the three head-to-head match-ups; both teams have same number of ROWs from those match ups; goals are even. It's been extremely close.

However without Marner in their lineup and with Anderson in ours we *should*, in theory, get a regulation win.

There is no way Boro is sitting out vs the Leafs. If they expect a rough game then I think they'll go with 7D. Lazar had a better game last night than Neil has had in a while. Looking at stats I'm surprised to see just two hits because he was involved quite a bit. He was also dumped twice on what should have been hooking calls. I know the refs wanted to "let them play" but hooks around the knees/ankles should be called (these weren't ticky-tacky "stick parallel to the ice therefore a hook" plays). Wingels had the least amount of ice time and neither he nor Kelly has sat yet. Could be their turn with Lazar centering Neil and a mix of Pyatt/Hoffman.

On the other hand, Hoffman tweaked something last night (fell awkwardly -- could be his hip or knee). Too him a few shifts to start skating normally, but you never know how it feels after 24 hours. Perron has been playing better, of late.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why do you throw in "Perron has been playing better, of late." at the end?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Why do you throw in "Perron has been playing better, of late." at the end?

If Hoffman is on the mend Perron could be a logical replacement.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Why do you throw in "Perron has been playing better, of late." at the end?

I don't think they would call anyone up since they're already carrying an extra forward.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

No chance.  He needs another year after this in the ahl, maybe 2.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

He has 14 points in 47 games. It isn't his time yet. Also, like someone else said (Tim?), they already have an extra forward. No need to call anyone up.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Are we? I thought it was the opposite.

I guess that original loss left a very sour taste in my mouths

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, time to leave some of those forwards in the A to develop. If Perron will ever be a top 6 forward he's gonna have to dominate in the A first. Kind of like Hoffman did.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Are we? I thought it was the opposite.

I guess that original loss left a very sour taste in my mouths

If you're talking about the opening game, we won that one. The win was overshadowed by Matthews's goals, but the Sens won in OT.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

I don't think they would call anyone up since they're already carrying an extra forward.

You can carry a 23 man roster during the regular season (prior to roster expansion). That's 4 lines, 3 defensive pairings, 2 goalies *and* three extra skaters. Right now they have two (7th D and 13th F).

But the spare is there was insurance against injuries, so if someone can't go the extra skater will play. No call-ups unless we have two injuries.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:

No chance.  He needs another year after this in the ahl, maybe 2.

Not talking about a regular spot but a game on the fourth line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum