GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #41: Leafs @ Sens, Jan 14, 2017, 7:00pm

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We get the full Hockey Night in Canada spotlight tonight (well, Auston Matthews does anyway).  

The Leafs beat the Rags last night coming off their bye week.  The newly acquired Curtis McEhlenny will be in net for them, facing Condon at the good guys' end.

I don't think we'll see any lineup changes for the Sens, coming off the great W versus the Penguins.

For the first time in a long time, this Battle of Ontario has big implications in the standings. We're two points up on Ol' Bluey.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's going to be extremely important to blow the Leaves out tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs have called up Garret Sparks. Wonder what's going on. Has it been confirmed that McElhinney is starting? Is Sparks there to backup and, of so, is Andersen injured? Or is it that they want to make sure Andersen gets the night off, even if it is a blowout (i.e. not leave poor Curtis in goal even if the other Curtis scores on him).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Midpoint of the season.  Last year they were 19-16-6, 44 points and fifth in the Atlantic.  A win tonight would bring them to 23-14-4, 50 points and possibly second in the Division (Bruins are 1 point ahead and are playing the Flyers at 1PM).

They are already six points ahead of last season's pace but the general feeling is that they are pretty much on the same boat as last year, except they've given up some offence for better defence.  Well, 12 points (6 now and 6 in the second half) is not insignificant and would have placed the Sens in a tie with Tampa for second in the Atlantic.

A win will put us 8 points up on last season's pace, which is sporting distance from double digits and, surely, enough to change that "general feeling".

And this is happening despite the fact that Anderson is out, MacArthur is not back, and put highest paid forward is having an Alex Chiasson like season.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

None of that has anything to do with the game tonight, but thanks WP! 

McElhinney is starting tonight for the Leafs unless he makes his minor injury worse in the pregame skate.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Leafs should be made to eat Dung and die.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:None of that has anything to do with the game tonight, but thanks WP! 

McElhinney is starting tonight for the Leafs unless he makes his minor injury worse in the pregame skate.

The part where I say "...a win tonight" is about winning in tonight's game.

So is Andersen scratched tonight and Sparks backing up or is McElhinney scratched?

http://www.chatsports.com/toronto-maple-leafs/a/source/garret-sparks-called-up-to-leafs-13168735

The goalie carousel spins on. Garret Sparks has been called up to the NHL and is on his way to Ottawa. No one knows why yet, however.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:None of that has anything to do with the game tonight, but thanks WP! 

The part where I say "...a win tonight" is about winning in tonight's game.

So is Andersen scratched tonight and Sparks backing up or is McElhinney scratched?

http://www.chatsports.com/toronto-maple-leafs/a/source/garret-sparks-called-up-to-leafs-13168735

The goalie carousel spins on. Garret Sparks has been called up to the NHL and is on his way to Ottawa. No one knows why yet, however.
It would be great if Anderson was out.
This is the type of game we could lose. Leafs fans will make the building unbearable, they might even outnumber sens fans if we look at recent attendance.
I hope the sens come out with a couple of goals in the first like last game just so we can quiet them down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Andersen wasn't scheduled to start anyway. Maybe they just want to give him a complete day off.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Score app is listing Andersen as "expected", so it looks like McElhinney got injured and Sparks was brought up to backup Andersen. No Curtis on Curtis action tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like McElhinney *is* getting the start. He was in the starter's end at practice. He did tweak something so that's why Sparks was recalled, but it sounds like he'll be good to go.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bruins up 5-2 on the Flyers do it doesn't look like we'll be getting into second place tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston wins 6-3. Since their 10 game win streak ended the Flyers are 2-8-3 and are just 3 points up Carolina (who hold 3 games in hand) and 4 up on the Leafs (who hold 5 games in hand).

Last edited by wprager on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Looks like McElhinney *is* getting the start. He was in the starter's end at practice. He did tweak something so that's why Sparks was recalled, but it sounds like he'll be good to go.

Like I said, McElhinney is starting unless he tweaks his injury in the pregame skate. Also, I'd appreciate it if you didn't Dung up my beautiful GDT with your useless, unrelated posts.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GDT - Game #41: Leafs @ Sens, Jan 14, 2017, 7:00pm Img_2013

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum