GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #55: Sens @ Devils, Feb 16, 2017, 7:00pm

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens kick off their Fathers and Sons trip dressed to kill and, hopefully, ready to rebound. Although they can pat themselves on their backs for getting 41 shots on Robin Lehner, I still maintain that they continue to give their former FFG (Future Franchise Goalie) a very easy time. Did Lehner get a penalty for slashing or roughing an Ottawa forward? Did any Ottawa player get a penalty for goalie interference? No, and no. It's completely unacceptable that they are not trying to get Robin off his game when they have tons of evidence showing how easily it can be done. And the way their PK has been clicking of late you absolutely have to take that chance of crossing the line when battling for space in and around the crease.

Anyhow, things don't get much better as they play another team below them in the standings featuring a Sens-killer in goal. Cory Schneider is 6-1-1, 1.59 GAA and .945 SV% against the Sens.

With the loss against the Jackets the Leafs remain one point back of Ottawa (and idle Boston), and now Ottawa has 2 games in hand. But if they don't get at least a single point against the Devils, the Leafs could well leapfrog over them on Saturday.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, Ryan playing left wing went pretty well.  Or maybe it was Boucher's praise that did it.  Regardless, we could sure use a 6 shot, 7-hit, goal+assist Bobby during the stretch run.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Woohoo! A game against the Devils!! EXCITING!!!

Anyway, let's do this and rebound with a big, emphatic W.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Condon starts. Which means either Andy goes back to back on the weekend or Condon will start two of three.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Methot not feeling well so Claesson draws in and will take a regular shift with Karlsson; Wideman also returns to action.

Lazar will also play (not sure who sits out, probably Neil). If it's true that Lazar is asking for a trade then it make sense to play him -- I doubt his value could go much lower, and it can only increase if he plays. By the same token, it's not like Neil has shown that he deserves to play, either. Neil has one assist in his last 34 outings -- Lazar has one in 29. Kelly is a leftie and can take face offs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anything less than a EUGE win is unacceptable. 14 - 0 Sens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'll take a Pyatt SO win, TBH.

Other teams take their dads to LA, Florida. Sens take theirs to the tailor, then New Jersey and downtown Toronto.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote: Condon starts. Which means either Andy goes back to back on the weekend or Condon will start two of three.

Boucher said it's likely Matrix goes back-to-back.  I think the theory is that everyone gets to play in front of their dad on the dad's trip, which is nice.

I imagine this is a night where we see Ceci end up with a pile of ice time...looking forward to seeing young Freddy Claesson dial things up a notch with EK.

Here's the projected lineup, shamelessly stolen from the Sens twitter account:

GDT - Game #55: Sens @ Devils, Feb 16, 2017, 7:00pm C40a8PbUoAAthZo

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who's this woman on team 1200?   I find it very attractive when a women can talk hockey intelligently.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

She's pretty good. That's Michaela Schreiter.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I thought you weren't a fan of That's What She Said, and she is one half of that show.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I thought you weren't a fan of That's What She Said, and she is one half of that show.

A few people here voiced their displeasure at that show, but I quite enjoy it. I find they have different (better) takes on sports than most of the guys on the radio.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ryan's gone back into witness protection but at least Phaneuf ripped home a PP goal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ryan had a good game. Great pass backhand off the boards on the GWG.

Condon Sr should get the Hardest Working Sens award. All that worrying.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:I thought you weren't a fan of That's What She Said, and she is one half of that show.

A few people here voiced their displeasure at that show, but I quite enjoy it. I find they have different (better) takes on sports than most of the guys on the radio.

I meant 504Heater/SpezzDispenser/SpezzDispensed/PTFlea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum