GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #66: Sens @ Arizona, Mar 9, 2017, 9:00pm

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
spader
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

After a convincing 5-2 win against the Stars, the Sens are right back at it tonight in Arizona. With Turris expected to miss at least another game and after playing 11 forwards the previous night, I suspect we might be finally seeing DiDomenico in his first NHL game. Also wouldn't surprise me if Claesson stays on the lineup and Phaneuf takes a maintenance day. He's a little under the weather already and got a little banged up last night. In fact all three of the regular LD to big hits so we might even see Jokipakka before too long.

Condon expected to play in goal. He has lost his last two starts (Tampa and Winnipeg). His last win was a shutout against the Devils exactly three weeks ago.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:After a convincing 5-2 win against the Stars, the Sens are right back at it tonight in Arizona. With Turris expected to miss at least another game and after playing 11 forwards the previous night, I suspect we might be finally seeing DiDomenico in his first NHL game. Also wouldn't surprise me if Claesson stays on the lineup and Phaneuf takes a maintenance day. He's a little under the weather already and got a little banged up last night. In fact all three of the regular LD to big hits so we might even see Jokipakka before too long.

Condon expected to play in goal.  He has lost his last two starts (Tampa and Winnipeg). His last win was a shutout against the Devils exactly three weeks ago.

I agree. Going with 7 D yesterday probably helped ease Claesson into the action (though he hardly seemed to need it), but Dion could probably use a day off. He looked like he really hurt his leg yesterday.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Game number Mario Lemieux. My favourite player of all time. Ho Sang can Ho suck it for wearing that number in the NHL too.

Razz

- Unknown Author

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Game number Mario Lemieux.  My favourite player of all time.  Ho Sang can Ho suck it for wearing that number in the NHL too.

Razz

ThisJustIn! Post of the day!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lemieux was great. But a bit of a cherry picker. Went straight from fore-check to pay-check, if you know what I mean. I remember going to a game at the old Forum and it was really weird seeing him standing right at the red line (back when the 2-line-pass offside still existed) waiting for a breakaway pass, while all the other nine skaters were deep inside the Penguins defensive zone.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So another chance to test out the EV hypothesis. Can we get two wins on a back to back? It is Arizona after all. They do not have Boedker to score hat tricks on us.

Still, you'd hope they would have dealt more guys at the deadline. Both those young dudes getting shots are often more dangerous!

Lets do this!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You'd think the Islanders would've talked Ho Sang out of wearing that number, but I've enjoyed the drama.

As for tonight, I hope we see DiDomenico in the lineup. This is another one of these dangerous games playing a terrible opponent...I think having DiDomenico in the lineup will help give the guys a bit of an emotional boost.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oddly enough, it wasn't Ottawa's best game last night. They got hammered in the opening 10 minutes or so and only Anderson kept it 0-0. I would imagine Boucher has tweaked a few things and they'll be coming out strong tonight, but who knows...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Oddly enough, it wasn't Ottawa's best game last night.  They got hammered in the opening 10 minutes or so and only Anderson kept it 0-0.  I would imagine Boucher has tweaked a few things and they'll be coming out strong tonight, but who knows...

The System is flexible. It can bend but does not break.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Oddly enough, it wasn't Ottawa's best game last night.  They got hammered in the opening 10 minutes or so and only Anderson kept it 0-0.  I would imagine Boucher has tweaked a few things and they'll be coming out strong tonight, but who knows...

I think having Condon in there, going with 6 D, putting DiDomenico in the lineup....this will be good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boro will sit this one out. Aggravated a minor injury against Dallas.

I'm guessing he's having his spleen removed or maybe a couple vertibrae fused. Something minor, like that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Burrows-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Smith-DiDomenico
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Stalberg-Kelly-Wingels

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DiDomenico will wear #48, which was last used by Jared Cowen in 2010.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hold on, Sens twitter had DiDo with #49:

GDT - Game #66: Sens @  Arizona, Mar 9, 2017, 9:00pm C6gpu210

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If it turns out to be #49, the last player to suit up using that number was "Ready" Freddie Claesson in 2016. Another player in the lineup also used to wear #49 -- Chris Kelly, when he first broke in in 2004.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum