GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #72: Sens @ Bruins, Mar 21, 2017, 7:00pm

+5
Flo The Action
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If the playoffs started today, the Senators would be battling the Bruins in the first round. But we have nearly three weeks to go, and a lot can happen between now and then.  After last night's loss the Bruins are just one point ahead of the Leafs, and Toronto has one more game left to play. Both teams have five games remaining against playoff teams. Ev says that at this time of year it doesn't matter, but consider that since Cassidy took over, the Bruins are 9-0 against non playoff teams, but 3-5 against the others.

Of course none of that matters to the Senators, who have matched their longest losing streak of the season with four straight, coming off that six game win streak.  Boston is simply their next opponent and if they win, their magic number drops to 15. Let's get that number down to zero first, then start looking at who we will play after April 9.

Last update on Stone was that he had not resumed skating and was "not close".  Does that make Dorion change his mind about signing White? He's literally right there. Stay tuned.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bergeron took a cross check into the boards last night. He may not be 100%.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Technically this will be Boston's first home game after a long road trip. In reality, though, they came back home prior to heading back out to Toronto for last night.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Bs are gonna be quite pissed off after the game last night. Hopefully the Sens can match their intensity...this is a huge game! Who starts for the Sens? Anderson again?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think it was touch-and-go in the Saturday game, but Andy convinced Guy that he was ready. They lost in a shootout and Andy didn't play badly (Gallagher goal, as bad as it was, was a fluke; however there's no denying that he did about as well as Matt Spezza would have done in the shootout). On Sunday, while the whole team took a night off, Andy did not exactly stand out, either.

I think Groulx was hesitant in putting him in, but Andy was more convincing arguing his case than Pierre was. This time around, if Groulx is still not convinced, I think Guy listens to Pierre and starts Condon.

In other words, I have no idea but would not be surprised either way.

Keep in mind that Condon is from Massachusetts so this is a bit of a home-coming game for him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The Bs are gonna be quite pissed off after the game last night.  Hopefully the Sens can match their intensity...this is a huge game!  Who starts for the Sens?  Anderson again?

What to do about angry Bs:

http://www.backyardecosystem.com/backwards-beekeeping/aggressive-bees/
http://www.beesource.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-227134.html

Apparently spraying them with hot water mixed with detergent is the way to go for a permanent solution:
http://www.endtimesreport.com/killing_honeybees.html

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.tsn.ca/condon-hopes-to-cross-boston-start-off-his-nhl-bucket-list-1.701226

Mike Condon watched the Bs eliminate the Habs in G7 OT sitting in a wheelchair at the rink (after surgery to remove a bone spur from his hip). A Boston start is on his bucket list.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hard to argue with any of the points made here:
http://www.silversevensens.com/2017/3/21/14978416/ottawas-potential-achilles-heel-in-the-playoffs-senators-nhl

(Our second pairing is a cesspool of turpitude.)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kelly's last game at TD Gardens lasted 3 seconds before he broke his femur.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope the Sens win this game.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I hope the Sens win this game.

That's weird. I do too. Vertigo

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson starts. No lineup changes. Stone is skating, but back in Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If the Leafs pass Boston then the Bruins would fall to the last wildcard spot and face Washington in round one. If they stay where they are they will face the Senators. A little more than a statement game tonight, then. This is for survival.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If the Leafs pass Boston then the Bruins would fall to the last wildcard spot and face Washington in round one.  If they stay where they are they will face the Senators.  A little more than a statement game tonight, then.  This is for survival.

Ya, they're going to be hungry for a win. I hope the Sens can turn this streak around and fire off a couple of wins. They need to get winning now so that they can roll into the playoffs. I don't care where they finish.

Just. Win.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:If the Leafs pass Boston then the Bruins would fall to the last wildcard spot and face Washington in round one.  If they stay where they are they will face the Senators.  A little more than a statement game tonight, then.  This is for survival.

Ya, they're going to be hungry for a win. I hope the Sens can turn this streak around and fire off a couple of wins. They need to get winning now so that they can roll into the playoffs. I don't care where they finish.

Just. Win.

A win tonight and Saturday will go a long way to reassure us that no matter who we face we can win.
We shat the bed this weekend and there's no two way about it. This team needs to show us they can win against the teams we are likely facing going into the playoffs. The B's have been much better of late regardless of their loss last night. But if we could just help them kick start a little losing streak so that the leafs pass them by then we stand the chance of facing the leafs in the first round and the habs in the second round.

Beating both those teams in the playoffs would be a hell of a late x-mass present!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum