GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #77: Sens @ Jets, Apr 1, 2017, 7:00pm

+2
tim1_2
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's 5 cm of fresh snow on the ground, the Leafs are 2 points back, Carolina is just 4 points out with a game in hand and while everyone is clinching the Send' magic number remains at six, where it has been for almost a week. Happy April Fool's.

Next three games are of the winnable variety. Win all three and you are in the playoffs. Start on the right foot tonight.

Jets are well out of the playoffs but have won 3 straight and are 6-3-1 in their last 10. We all know how the Sens have struggled. Hopefully Karlsson is back and close to 100%. No lineup changes announced yet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, crap. Karlsson and Smith returned to Ottawa. Neither one will be playing tonight. I'd day they won't be traveling to Detroit, either.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Jets are super dangerous. Here's hoping for an EPIC bounce back game for our Senasnores. I'm guessing Condon starts...?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't count on it. They have back to back coming up Monday/Tuesday, so he will get a game there. If Andy says he's good to go Boucher will likely leave him in. Unless Groulx has seen something mechanical he needs to work on.

I must admit, I'm worried. No Karlsson means no offense, no powerplay. No Smith means no PK.

We need the goalie to steal one tonight.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The jets are an average non playoff team. We got this. Not that we need to win

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The Jets are super dangerous.  Here's hoping for an EPIC bounce back game for our Senasnores.  I'm guessing Condon starts...?

That's correct.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Good. At this stage I have more faith in Condon, at least for one or two games. Chances are he gets one of the back to back games. If he pays all tonight, do you start him Monday or give him three days' rest?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston is up 1-0 on Florida. If they win they'll trail Ottawa by just a point, although we will have two games in hand.

The Leafs are in Detroit tonight and then go to Buffalo Monday, then close out the season with four games at home. Washington on Tuesday, (after playing Monday in Buffalo), Tampa on Thursday, and Pittsburgh/Columbus on Saturday/Sunday to finish the season. Pens and Jackets are still jockeying fur position so I don't think they will necessarily rest players (Pitt has too many injuries to rest ahead).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Florida just tied it up. Boston plays in Chicago tomorrow night, should be a guaranteed loss. Then back home for a huge game against Tampa on Tuesday, a huge game against the Senators Thursday, and an afternoon affair against the Caps next Saturday.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Florida was all over Boston in the third, trailing by 1. Then the Rat was left all along at the side and it's 4-2. Bergeron added another with 11 seconds to go. Boston is 1 point back.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Meanwhile over in St. John's White has another assist.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I haven't been able to keep track but how long is karlsson possibly out for? It's not looking good with Ceci probably injured. Talk about "limping" into the playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy, it's gonna come down to the wire for us making the playoffs. TB with 86 points, 5 back of us, we both have 5 games. We're awful right now, they're awesome. That 5th point back might literally save our season.

I guess you could factor Boston in with 90 points, but they're playing so much better than we are right now, they'll lap us soon. Scary times.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol at calling Tampa awesome

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston plays the Hawks at 12:30. Let's see how they do. After that they play Tampa and Ottawa before finishing up against the Caps.

Expect then to lose against the rested Hawks. Tampa is 4 back of Boston with a game in hand. That well be a hard game. Sens, well, we know the implications. Hopefully there well be some injuries in the Tampa game. Then the Caps game could well be the first round preview, so Washington will want to send a message.

In other words, they have a really tough schedule.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum