GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME WEEKEND: Jets @ Sens Sat. 7PM and Leafs @ Sens Sun. 6PM

+5
tim1_2
Vandelay
LeCaptain
Ev
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Meh, I would take the chance to give players some confidence over a shootout point.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Exactly, he scores there and maybe he turns it around... didn't work this time.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Greening had a sweet shootout move in pre season, worth a chance. Plus he was the only one who tried to go low. It didn't work out but Pavelec was stopping everything high. Why no one tried to deke or change pace or anything to throw him off is beyond me.

The shot that beat Andy was a broken stick. He broke it blocking a shot earlier. I guess he felt it was broken and that's why he looked so weird, like a peewee player trying to stick handle for the first time.

Question, since the stick was broken and he knew it, shouldn't he have just dropped it? What's the rule for doing a shootout with a broken stick?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phillips in, Wiercioch comes out. Ryan back in, Condra comes out. Chiasson still not ready so Greening stays in.

During the last game, my kid mentioned that he was not skating like a guy who's played in 2 of the team's first 12 games. It's true. I could see if he was struggling keeping up due to conditioning, but it just looked like he was struggling.

He must see the writing on the wall -- he's playing for a trade versus getting waived. I'm really surprised he's not playing with a hell of a lot more urgency.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Greening seems to find a way to get it done vs the Leafs so this is a pretty good move keeping him in IMO. Just needs to keep it simple and really pound the D.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Same old game plan - forecheck, pound the d, cycle and attack the net.

Karlsson could use taking this game over. I didn't think he was great last game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Release the Lehner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum