GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens)

+30
Hockeyhero22000
BigRig
shabbs
mattshock
strachattack
Snuh
Amnesia021
Jordo
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
Vandelay
spader
jawal
jamvan
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
PKC
Tuk Tuk
asq2
SDH89
Hobiesens
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
TeamRenzo
PTFlea
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
wprager
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 23]

Bull dung 5 minutes...

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

boom! nice elbow by wharton

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Bramlet07

Veteran
Veteran

What an Donkey kicking that was. I was dissapointed that the Leaves didnt dress The Monster as it would have been nice to see him play(although it wouldnt not have made the game much closer).

I met up with Dobber Hockeys' 'Notch' and claimed to have talked to Bryan Murray. He said he asked him about Shannon, Murray is expecting 20+ goals from him this year(adding if Clouston plays him right).

All in all another great game from the squad safe for O'Brien who just seems outta place out there. I really hope he can prove me wrong and develope into a nice 2nd/3rd liner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I liked the game of Svenson a lot. I wouldn't base too much on three pre-season games, but I like his acceleration, speed and his moves in high traffic. Very skilled player. I hope like heck he's signed to a Bingo contract and we can see how he operates over a full year.

There was a lot of good things out of that game. Condra, Z.Smith, Hoffman, Schira, Robinson...probably highlighted by Condra. What an impression he's making. Karlsson was excellent offensively, but still not completely up to speed in his defence. What a slick move to turn the Leaf defender inside out and then pass to Condra or Svenson (can't remember) for that goal.

Kadri - although he was a punk at the end - is one heck of a player. So is Bozak and the Swedish guy...can't remember Stralberg or something.

But for me, for the second straight game, the main attraction was Lehner. So composed, so skilled, so big. The Leafs must not have had many shots, but the shots they had were pretty quality scoring chances IMO - and he made all but one. There's no way everyone isn't excited about this guy - and if you aren't, you should be. Ahhhhh!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Stalberg.

And Karlsson's move to get the puck to Condra was pretty slick.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sweet highlights on TSN this morning... all they could show for the Leafs was the one goal and the Kadri hit.

Waxed 'em good.

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

SpezDispenser wrote:I liked the game of Svenson a lot. I wouldn't base too much on three pre-season games, but I like his acceleration, speed and his moves in high traffic. Very skilled player. I hope like heck he's signed to a Bingo contract and we can see how he operates over a full year.

There was a lot of good things out of that game. Condra, Z.Smith, Hoffman, Schira, Robinson...probably highlighted by Condra. What an impression he's making. Karlsson was excellent offensively, but still not completely up to speed in his defence. What a slick move to turn the Leaf defender inside out and then pass to Condra or Svenson (can't remember) for that goal.

Kadri - although he was a punk at the end - is one heck of a player. So is Bozak and the Swedish guy...can't remember Stralberg or something.

But for me, for the second straight game, the main attraction was Lehner. So composed, so skilled, so big. The Leafs must not have had many shots, but the shots they had were pretty quality scoring chances IMO - and he made all but one. There's no way everyone isn't excited about this guy - and if you aren't, you should be. Ahhhhh!

Don't forget about Shea Guthrie...what a snipe he had, he played quite well for the ice time that he got and he started the whole play that got Svenson that beauty wrister that went upper dog on Reimer.

I wouldn't put too much stock into Guthrie. I wasn't sure if anyone would comment on him, but Imo he was nowhere until it started to become a blowout. He's not a bad player, but I wouldn't guarantee him a spot at camp just because of that snipe or that pass.

I think the two guys that won spots in the main camp last night were Condra and Svensen. Those two were easily the two best forwards on the ice IMO. Those guys dominated the entire game.

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

cas wrote:I wouldn't put too much stock into Guthrie. I wasn't sure if anyone would comment on him, but Imo he was nowhere until it started to become a blowout. He's not a bad player, but I wouldn't guarantee him a spot at camp just because of that snipe or that pass.

haha i was only playing him up like that cause he's my buddy...He's been told to report to Bingo on the 16th

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was also very impressed with Condra. It's too bad he didn't score on that break away and then that fight at the end ruined his chances for a hat trick all together. All in all I liked what I saw of him. I was also very impressed with Dansereau who should do well in Bingo this year. Lehner had a relatively quiet night but on the rare occasion that he was tested he came up strong.

- Unknown Author

A "small" player coming straight out of the NCAA and dropping the gloves is actually pretty impressive in itself IMO. That doesnt happen every game, especially for a skilled guy like Condra.

People forget just how dominating this kid was playing for The Irish. He was a PPG guy and lead that team is scoring every year he was there (I think). This guy has NHL skill and has really used his time in college to develope and grow as he was drafted as a pretty small guy.

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

N4L wrote:A "small" player coming straight out of the NCAA and dropping the gloves is actually pretty impressive in itself IMO. That doesnt happen every game, especially for a skilled guy like Condra.

People forget just how dominating this kid was playing for The Irish. He was a PPG guy and lead that team is scoring every year he was there (I think). This guy has NHL skill and has really used his time in college to develope and grow as he was drafted as a pretty small guy.

Ya the funny thing is, the leafs are putting so much stock in Hanson who also played for the Irish, but he only had one good year, and even then, it wasn't better than condra's

Exactly, Condra would actually make The Leafs this year. He absolutly ran their show last night anyways. Could be my new fav prospect.

mickbud wrote:
cas wrote:I wouldn't put too much stock into Guthrie. I wasn't sure if anyone would comment on him, but Imo he was nowhere until it started to become a blowout. He's not a bad player, but I wouldn't guarantee him a spot at camp just because of that snipe or that pass.

haha i was only playing him up like that cause he's my buddy...He's been told to report to Bingo on the 16th

2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 21 668437 really? Awesome. Good for him. I didn't expect to see him at the main camp, but I'm glad he'll get a chance to show if he can make it in Bingo. If you feel like it, tell him I said he needs to muck it up in the corners more. His forechecking is solid, but his work along the boards needs some work 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 21 Icon_smile

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

cas wrote:
mickbud wrote:

2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 21 668437 really? Awesome. Good for him. I didn't expect to see him at the main camp, but I'm glad he'll get a chance to show if he can make it in Bingo. If you feel like it, tell him I said he needs to muck it up in the corners more. His forechecking is solid, but his work along the boards needs some work 2009 Rookie tournament in Kitchener (Sens, Leafs, Bruins, Pens) - Page 21 Icon_smile

Ya I agree, he'll learn to muck and grind a little better in Bingo (if he makes it) i'm sure. College hockey is quite a bit different, but on a side note...My uncle Donny is the coach of Colgate University (where Jesse Winchester and Andy Macdonald both played) and he said that Shea would have been the best player in the ECAC if he played for him, so I think all he needs is some good coaching, and he could be a good pick-up for Bingo

Last edited by mickbud on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

I had a few buddies play in the ECAC as well. One of my best buddies played at St Lawrence for 4 years, that is a very competive division in the NCAA.

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

N4L wrote:I had a few buddies play in the ECAC as well. One of my best buddies played at St Lawrence for 4 years, that is a very competive division in the NCAA.

I was at SLU last weekend actually...my cousin goes there, saw the best hockey game of my life last year there too...St. Lawrence against Vermont...SLU won the game with .08 seconds left on the clock

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum