GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk

+20
The Silfer Server
TeamRenzo
Tuk Tuk
beerandsens
Acrobat
Vandelay
Hoags
wprager
SensGirl11
PTFlea
TheAvatar
Jordo
spader
dennycrane
PKC
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should Melnyk bring Dany back to the Sens?

Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_lcap220%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 8 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_lcap210%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 4 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_lcap25%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 2 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_lcap223%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 9 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_lcap23%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_lcap233%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 13 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_lcap28%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

91Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:44 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:First, I still don't see it said anywhere that his girlfriend has had anything to do with this. Does Dany even have a significant other (I'm talking about off-ice, so other than Spezza)?

Second, I think we are all over-using that Team Canada card. He's got the record and still has some years after this to pad it further. While I'm sure he'd *love* to be on that team, I don't think it's necessarily his greatest desire. If he's still on the Sens roster come October, I can easily see him playing his usual game -- barely any forecheck, no backcheck, stick in the air waiting for a pass. If he's passionate about leaving, and if he's convinced that playing well is the best chance he has, then we might see him look like he gives a crap.

The kink is very far-fetched. The Sens don't have the D necessary for a long Cup run. Boston, with Chara in the lineup and Thomas playing (for the most part) excellent in goal, wasn't enough. We will be there when Karlsson, Wiercioch and Cowen are in the lineup, and with 3-5 years' combined experience between them, but we're not there yet.

Now, the scary part about a deadline deal. What happens if he is moved, plays lights out and wins the Cup? I'd prefer that he is moved to a team that is struggling to make the playoffs. The return will be better (picks).

Very kinky post.

Now, about that trade scenario of yours...doesn't Dany have the final say on where he goes? He'll probably be even MORE picky in March, right?

92Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:57 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If Dany is even more picky in March then we wait until draft day. By March we will have paid him about 85% of his salary. We get a good deal, or no deal.

93Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:09 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If Dany is even more picky in March then we wait until draft day. By March we will have paid him about 85% of his salary. We get a good deal, or no deal.

Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Howiem11

94Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nah, if he doesn't have a surgical glove on his head, it's not Howie:

Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Dunderhead3a

95Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:38 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Allow me to save everyone a lot of headaches and speculation on this one: Heatley is not a part of this team come October.

This trade request has been a complete disaster. Way too many bridges burnt, toes stepped on, and feelings hurt for it to be repaired. Heatley on the roster and in the locker room come October would make for a media circus. Every station following the game would speculate over it in the middle of every game. Every outlet would be bombarding BM, Clouston, Heatley, and every Senator about Heatley's request, after every game, until the issue was solved. Every time the team collapsed or failed to come to each other's aid or went on a losing streak would lead to another fresh round of "is Heatley poisoning the team?", etc., etc., etc.

Heatley will not play for this team again barring a PR overhaul of epic proportions. Epic. Stop dreaming. Kovalev was brought in to help replace Heatley's offence, not complement it.

96Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:08 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

It would be fun Smile

97Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:12 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:It would be fun Smile

not fun for Dany Heatley of course though, but who cares about him?

98Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:15 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:It would be fun Smile

not fun for Dany Heatley of course though, but who cares about him?

I don't care about him but he's holding our team hostage.

Either he accepts a trade or he plays and Melnyk and co. pull off a PR miracle.

I don't think Kovy can replace Heatley's offense but Kovy + any players BM gets for him easily will, assuming he receives some top 6 forwards in return.

99Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:46 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Allow me to save everyone a lot of headaches and speculation on this one: Heatley is not a part of this team come October.

This trade request has been a complete disaster. Way too many bridges burnt, toes stepped on, and feelings hurt for it to be repaired. Heatley on the roster and in the locker room come October would make for a media circus. Every station following the game would speculate over it in the middle of every game. Every outlet would be bombarding BM, Clouston, Heatley, and every Senator about Heatley's request, after every game, until the issue was solved. Every time the team collapsed or failed to come to each other's aid or went on a losing streak would lead to another fresh round of "is Heatley poisoning the team?", etc., etc., etc.

Heatley will not play for this team again barring a PR overhaul of epic proportions. Epic. Stop dreaming. Kovalev was brought in to help replace Heatley's offence, not complement it.

I agree 100% with Rooney on this one.

As for which team (a) will take on Heatley and his contract (b) will offer a package that satisfies Sens management (c) satisfies Heatley as a destination, that triple-whammy answer eludes me.

Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Howiem12

Last edited by davetherave on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

100Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Nah, if he doesn't have a surgical glove on his head, it's not Howie:

Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Dunderhead3a

Did he ever get a lot of mileage out of that schtick!

101Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:57 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Allow me to save everyone a lot of headaches and speculation on this one: Heatley is not a part of this team come October.

I agree 100% with Rooney on this one.

As for which team (a) will take on Heatley and his contract (b) will offer a package that satisfies Sens management (c) satisfies Heatley as a destination, that triple-whammy answer eludes me.

does a team in the KHL count? oh wait that doesn't satisfy requirement B, I just don't see many NHL teams like we originally thought chomping at the bit for Heatley. Edmonton still needs an answer, NYR went with Gaborik, LA went with Smyth, SJ wants to do something, but they are up against the cap. Colorado, well, they have no idea in what direction they want to go, still shocked by heart and soul Sakic retiring, and we all know Heatley is no Sakic. I just don't see much interest there in NHL circles, maybe that is the GM's wanting to force Bryan Murray into a corner so he will lower his asking price, well I say fat chance to that one.

102Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle. That's probably true, but I disagree with it big time. Kovalev should have been brought in to compliment the Big 3 and give us 2 powerful offensive lines, not to come in as a replacement for Dany Heatley. For once we have some balance and now if we take the Edmonton deal, we take another step back.

PR my Donkey, wait until the right trade comes around. We HAVE to IMO.

103Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It would be a daily distraction for the team if Heatley is here this season as things stand right now. Unless something changes to fix this situation I don't think we can have him back.

- Unknown Author

104Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Then we'll probably miss the playoffs to be deadly honest. We're already a fringe team as it is. If we move Heatley and don't get a top 3 forward back, we're in trouble.

105Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:12 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It would be a daily distraction for the team if Heatley is here this season as things stand right now. Unless something changes to fix this situation I don't think we can have him back.
It seems a lot worse to us than it actually is within the organization, I assure you that. Unless Heatley goes to Edmonton and soon, expect im to be here all year.

106Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:15 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Great points Rooney. I never really thought about it that deeply. I think he would defect back to Germany if he has to play with us next year. He was quite clear about how much he hated the press here last year, so this year would be an even bigger nightmare for him and he's way too weak to be able to deal with that. I think you're completely right, he will not be playing for us next year, period. No matter what happens, even if we can't trade him. So, I think no matter what happens his money comes off the cap. I wish it would happen now so that we can sign someone else, like Tanguay for example.

Heatley obviously went about this whole trade thing the WRONG way, I don't think he could have done it worse than he did. This is just a nightmare. And, the fact that he's too much of a punk to even explain himself makes it that much worse. Every day that goes by, without him talking, is just making it worse.

And, I'm starting to believe more and more that no one wants him. I don't care how many points he has...they don't want him. He just Dung all over his career with one silly move. The guy is a complete and utter moron.

107Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I dare him to defect to Germany. Dare him.

No Olympics for you and you'll NEVER be traded. You'll have to sit out the next 5 years - the prime of your already declining career.

Good luck with that! :h:

108Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 7 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh and no Hall of Fame either. And no Cup I would imagine. Probably still get 500 goals, but it'll be a challenge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum