GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk

+20
The Silfer Server
TeamRenzo
Tuk Tuk
beerandsens
Acrobat
Vandelay
Hoags
wprager
SensGirl11
PTFlea
TheAvatar
Jordo
spader
dennycrane
PKC
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Should Melnyk bring Dany back to the Sens?

Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_lcap220%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 8 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_lcap210%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 4 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_lcap25%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 2 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_lcap223%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 9 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_lcap23%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_lcap233%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 13 ]
Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_lcap28%Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

106Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:15 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:Allow me to save everyone a lot of headaches and speculation on this one: Heatley is not a part of this team come October.

This trade request has been a complete disaster. Way too many bridges burnt, toes stepped on, and feelings hurt for it to be repaired. Heatley on the roster and in the locker room come October would make for a media circus. Every station following the game would speculate over it in the middle of every game. Every outlet would be bombarding BM, Clouston, Heatley, and every Senator about Heatley's request, after every game, until the issue was solved. Every time the team collapsed or failed to come to each other's aid or went on a losing streak would lead to another fresh round of "is Heatley poisoning the team?", etc., etc., etc.

Heatley will not play for this team again barring a PR overhaul of epic proportions. Epic. Stop dreaming. Kovalev was brought in to help replace Heatley's offence, not complement it.

Great points Rooney. I never really thought about it that deeply. I think he would defect back to Germany if he has to play with us next year. He was quite clear about how much he hated the press here last year, so this year would be an even bigger nightmare for him and he's way too weak to be able to deal with that. I think you're completely right, he will not be playing for us next year, period. No matter what happens, even if we can't trade him. So, I think no matter what happens his money comes off the cap. I wish it would happen now so that we can sign someone else, like Tanguay for example.

Heatley obviously went about this whole trade thing the WRONG way, I don't think he could have done it worse than he did. This is just a nightmare. And, the fact that he's too much of a punk to even explain himself makes it that much worse. Every day that goes by, without him talking, is just making it worse.

And, I'm starting to believe more and more that no one wants him. I don't care how many points he has...they don't want him. He just Dung all over his career with one silly move. The guy is a complete and utter moron.

107Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:22 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I dare him to defect to Germany. Dare him.

No Olympics for you and you'll NEVER be traded. You'll have to sit out the next 5 years - the prime of your already declining career.

Good luck with that! :h:

108Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:22 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh and no Hall of Fame either. And no Cup I would imagine. Probably still get 500 goals, but it'll be a challenge.

109Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:28 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Maybe he doesn't care anymore about any of that. He seems to have become bi-polar. If he quit on us like he did, what's to say he won't quit on his country?

I don't buy it.

110Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:29 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Then we'll probably miss the playoffs to be deadly honest. We're already a fringe team as it is. If we move Heatley and don't get a top 3 forward back, we're in trouble.

I think Penner can be a top 3. He isn't now, sure, but he was and can be again. Edmonton kills players, no question about it. I'd bank on Penner to notch 20-25 on the top line.

Cogs gives us more scoring depth, he'll put up close to if not 20 this year.

If we get them to take back any two of Smith/Schubert/Kelly, I'm happy with that deal and think that it gives us some solid scoring depth as well.

Add in Kovy and we have some weapons there. I think we're in better shape with the Edmonton deal than we are keeping Heatley.

111Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:29 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

He is so Diddle, it's not even a joke anymore. Nothing is going to make this go away unless he comes out of his Dung hole and says something.

112Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:33 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Oh yeah, and if Yzerman was dumb enough to pick him for the team after all of this, he can deal with the consequences as well. I don't think he would tell him to F-off.

113Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's Return 'Doable', says Melnyk Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:14 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Oh yeah, and if Yzerman was dumb enough to pick him for the team after all of this, he can deal with the consequences as well. I don't think he would tell him to F-off.

Babc0ck can chose to play him less though, I know that Nash, Getzlaf and Heatley line was pretty powerful at the last world championships, but wow, you really cannot reward a buttplug who acts like this with playing on the olympic stage can we? especially when Canada has so much depth?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum