GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators trying to trade Jason Smith?

+9
wprager
Hayden
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
mattshock
shabbs
asq2
davetherave
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Want should/can the Sens do with Jason Smith?

Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_lcap238%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 6 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_lcap219%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 19% [ 3 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_lcap231%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 5 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_lcap26%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_lcap26%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

31Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Im judging him based on the fact he has been a no show for the last 2 years basically, nothing really seperats him from other 2nd line guys. For a small guy he is too slow and too soft.

32Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:40 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And probably asking for too much...

33Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Anything over a mil is waaaay too much IMO. That spot can be used to develope another young guy like Regin. (which I think everyone has stated a million times now)

34Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:And probably asking for too much...

reportedly comrie sent his agent to BM with a 2 year 2-2.5 mill a year

i mentioned earlier that if he was hurt he could produce better but i still would rather give the young guys a chance

35Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:46 pm

2 mil?! NOOOO SHOT.

36Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:58 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Spring cleaning is always a good thing.

37Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 5:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Comrie has a great set of skills - and he's never afraid to go into the dirty zones, which leads me to believe he was significantly injured with us. If we can get him for 2 million, I'm all for it. 2.5 is too much though.

If we lose Neil and we want to replace a bruising forward from the open market, Brad Winchester will be a UFA this summer. I've watched him for years and he really came out when the Oilers went to the Finals. He can add everything Neil can, not as good a fighter, but he'll drop em.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2186&hubname=nhl-blues

38Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

as much of a warrior i think smith is he is starting to break down due to the style of his play and at his contract it is in the best interest of the senators to try and offload his salary so BM will have more room underneath the salary cap

39Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 5:55 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:as much of a warrior i think smith is he is starting to break down due to the style of his play and at his contract it is in the best interest of the senators to try and offload his salary so BM will have more room underneath the salary cap

Agreed.

IMHO time for fans to stop looking at players with rose coloured glasses.

Jason Smith's been a warrior. He's done.

Comrie had his brief time in the sun. It's over.

Bring on the New Breed.

40Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:as much of a warrior i think smith is he is starting to break down due to the style of his play and at his contract it is in the best interest of the senators to try and offload his salary so BM will have more room underneath the salary cap

Agreed.

IMHO time for fans to stop looking at players with rose coloured glasses.

Jason Smith's been a warrior. He's done.

Comrie had his brief time in the sun. It's over.

Bring on the New Breed.

Pretty sure comrie is gone but if he is willing to sign a low money contract less than 2 i can see murray giving him another chance especially if his injuries weren't exaggerated

41Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 6:11 pm

DTR is right, time to move on and start building a team, not putting a bunch of crap together and hoping for the best.

42Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 6:17 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

oh i agree but if comrie is going to go less than 2 million i think bryan murray will take a chance on him i would rather he didnt but it wouldnt surprise me to see it happen...there is a large belief that comrie can get 50-60 points if his injuries have been properly and completely healed up

43Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 6:18 pm

Well he has to stay healthy, which he has never been able to do.

44Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 6:20 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

As far as Comrie is concerned, if it's down to him and Regin, there's no question that the latter should get it.

Blue-line-wise, you've got locks in Kuba, Campoli, The Big Rig and the A-Train.

So with Smith gone, who fills out the roster? Options are Lee (N4L certainly doesn't want him there), Picard (a strong possibility), Schubert (no thanks), and then Bell is un-signed.

Looks like Murray may have to go to the market. But UFA defenceman tend to get drastically overpaid.

45Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 6:22 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Has Comrie ever hit 60 points?
2001-2002 with the oilers 60 points
2002-2003 with the oil 51 points
2005-2006 with the pheonix 60 points
2006-2007 with pheonix/sens 45 points
2007-2008 with the isles 49

his those are the years he managed to stay healthy and play 65 or more games

has ran into injury problems so BM will probably stay away

46Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 6:26 pm

asq2 wrote:As far as Comrie is concerned, if it's down to him and Regin, there's no question that the latter should get it.

So with Smith gone, who fills out the roster? Options are Lee (N4L certainly doesn't want him there), Picard (a strong possibility), Schubert (no thanks), and then Bell is un-signed.

Looks like Murray may have to go to the market. But UFA defenceman tend to get drastically overpaid.
If Karlsson isnt here next year, then Lee will be. All other things puts aside, they need a right handed shot on the blue line.

47Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Has Comrie ever hit 60 points?
2001-2002 with the oilers 60 points
2002-2003 with the oil 51 points
2005-2006 with the pheonix 60 points
2006-2007 with pheonix/sens 45 points
2007-2008 with the isles 49

his those are the years he managed to stay healthy and play 65 or more games

has ran into injury problems so BM will probably stay away

Hip injuries are also very tough to come back from. Comrie is a waste of everyones times.

48Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:As far as Comrie is concerned, if it's down to him and Regin, there's no question that the latter should get it.

If Karlsson isnt here next year, then Lee will be. All other things puts aside, they need a right handed shot on the blue line.

Karlsson is a lefty ???? just dont know

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum