GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty

+5
shabbs
pgood
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The reaction is starting to pile in from fans around the league who are just getting to see this. I can't stop thinking about it personally, so I went to look for some quotes. Here's a small sampling:

"I'll preface by saying that I hate both the Sens and Sabres...but that was a brutal call.
How in the world does Kaleta end up without a penalty?"

"That was pretty ridiculous. Terrible job by the ref."

"Frazer is an embarassement."

"It actually looked like Smith was trying to help Kaleta up! What a joke seriously."

"Jason Smith will be having a talk with the league for sure...at Smith's beckoning. I don't know how you can have people complaining and such about guys show respect to others, and one of the more renowned/respected players in the league gets hit with that. And they try to tell people "well every team thinks they get the short end of the stick.""

"as a buffalo fan i gotta say ottawa got shafted on that call. this is some of the most controversial officiating i've seen in a long time. i think ottawa's got this one in the bag...even if the sabres did have vanek in the lineup."

"This is easily one of the worst calls I have ever seen, and I've been watching the sport faithfully for 30 years." < This one is a good one.

It goes on...and these are the non-Sens fans. Imagine the comments from Sens fans.

What does you guys think? How odd was this call - and if J.Smith knew he would get 16 minutes, would he have finished off Kaleta in the first place?

Probably not, he's got some class, but boy I bet he's thought about it a bit.

2Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, since the Clouston-era, I've started to get back to loving Jason Smith. I realize what a short time that is, but this is the guy I though we'd be getting when we signed him this summer.

3Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:59 pm

any video of it? I wasnt able to catch the game Sad

4Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Love the title of this topic. I found that ludicrous that he could have knocked Kaleta into next season but he slows up and actually keeps the guy from falling and gets 16 minutes for his troubles?? What a bunch of 'tards.

- Unknown Author

5Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:any video of it? I wasnt able to catch the game Sad

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl-games-on-demand/senators-vs-sabres/#clip139111

Apparently if you fast forward to 23 minutes in, you'll see the play leading up to the replays.

6Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:21 pm

B-B-B-B-Bull

7Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:43 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

A triple minor is so retarded it bears no explaining, because there is no possible explanation in the universe for it. Literally nothing anyone can say or write could possibly explain in a coherent manner how he could end up with three minors on that one play...absolutely nothing.

8Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:A triple minor is so retarded it bears no explaining, because there is no possible explanation in the universe for it. Literally nothing anyone can say or write could possibly explain in a coherent manner how he could end up with three minors on that one play...absolutely nothing.

Hahahaha....oh....

Fraser's Hair squirrel

9Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:53 pm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

That call was absolutely unexplainable. What exactly he did to warrant 3 roughing calls is beyond me. Maybe a double, one for the hit and one for the extracurriculars, but a triple and Kaleta walks away scott-free.

Fraser must not have penalized Kaleta so that with 6 minutes of PP time, Ruff might take Rutuu's advice and put Kaleta out their for the PP.

10Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Triple minor and a 10-min misconduct. 16-min whopper of a call.

11Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I already theorized, in another thread, that Fraser's hair, and a tight helmet, might be conspiring to create too much pressure on the brain.

Then, again, there's not recent evidence of Fraser having a brain at all.

12Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Is there any precedent for that? Anywhere? By anybody? (competent, I mean).

13Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:31 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have to agree with Heater, that even though the general consensus at the time of Smith's signing, he was brought in to be his work-horse playoff beast; however, I am LOVING everything he's been contributing to the team lately.

As for Fraser's BS call; how can he even TRY to justify it considering that punk Kaleta dropped his gloves (which to me looked like Smith shut him up awful quick) and yet Kaleta walks away with nothing and somehow Smith gets a triple minor AND a whopper of a 10 min misconduct!

While I will never question Smith's respect for others and his class, but if it were me, and I was looking at 16 mins of box time, I would have destroyed Kaleta personally, but then again, I'm a p*ick! LOL

14Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:I have to agree with Heater, that even though the general consensus at the time of Smith's signing, he was brought in to be his work-horse playoff beast; however, I am LOVING everything he's been contributing to the team lately.

As for Fraser's BS call; how can he even TRY to justify it considering that punk Kaleta dropped his gloves (which to me looked like Smith shut him up awful quick) and yet Kaleta walks away with nothing and somehow Smith gets a triple minor AND a whopper of a 10 min misconduct!

While I will never question Smith's respect for others and his class, but if it were me, and I was looking at 16 mins of box time, I would have destroyed Kaleta personally, but then again, I'm a p*ick! LOL

I am glad to see that I am not the only one on the Smith lovin' island anymore....

cheers

15Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Empty Re: Jason Smith's Triple Bogus Penalty Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:14 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

the refs are out of control. cripes even the cops have Internal Affairs...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum