GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators trying to trade Jason Smith?

+9
wprager
Hayden
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
mattshock
shabbs
asq2
davetherave
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Want should/can the Sens do with Jason Smith?

Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_lcap238%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 6 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_lcap219%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 19% [ 3 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_lcap231%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 5 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

16Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 1:08 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Ok, I just took a peek, and there seems to be lots of room for Comrie.

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Foligno - Comrie - Shannan
Ruutu - Fisher - Winchester
Donovan - Kelly - Bass

I don't think Regin is ready to step into a top-six spot right away, and if he comes in later, Donovan is probably the guy getting the bump.

Looking at the names there, I really don't think there's a spot for Neil.

17Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 1:10 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Nice little log jams happening in goal with Auld/Elliott, and then on D with Smith, Lee, and Picard, and only 2 D- men spots available.

Even without trades or UFA signings it's going to be an interesting training camp.

18Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:Ok, I just took a peek, and there seems to be lots of room for Comrie.

Donovan - Kelly - Bass

I don't think Regin is ready to step into a top-six spot right away, and if he comes in later, Donovan is probably the guy getting the bump.

I think Regin is ready to step up to NHL fulltime even if we sign comrie, who has been reportedly asked his agent to submit a 2 year 2-2.5 mill a year contract,

Donovan has had problems getting back into the lineup at the end of the year and i can see him sitting in the press box or maybe kelly gets moved

19Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 1:26 pm

mattshock wrote:Ok, I just took a peek, and there seems to be lots of room for Comrie.

Donovan - Kelly - Bass

I would be putting Neil in there waaaaaay before Comrie. Comrie is a waste of time, money, patients, and a roster spot. There is also no way you should be putting Comrie ahead of Fisher, its not even close and Fisher will produce more than Comrie in that spot.

As for Regin, Regin doesnt need to be a top 6 guy to be in the NHL next year. Unlike the Sens a lot of players have to work their way up the depth chart.

20Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i would rather Comrie than Neil but that being said i would honestly rather neither and let the young guys come up and have some playing time most teams in the NHL don't get anywhere without at least 2 or 3 young players on the team who can contribute

21Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 2:32 pm

I agree with letting the young guys get their feet wet, but I dont see where Comrie is a more valuable player to the Sens then Neil is. Neil brings it every night, does things no one else can, and has been part of the organization for a long time.

22Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

comrie has a chance to put up more points than neil can and IF (a big if ) it is true that he wasnt 100% when he came to the sens this year then he can be a much bigger contributor

again i would rather have bass to neil and another young guy to step up for comrie

23Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 2:46 pm

Neely4Life wrote:I agree with letting the young guys get their feet wet, but I dont see where Comrie is a more valuable player to the Sens then Neil is. Neil brings it every night, does things no one else can, and has been part of the organization for a long time.

You can't deny that Comrie has the potential to still be a 50-60 point player in the NHL and unlike so many other "slippery" skill-players, Comrie doesn't disappear in the playoffs.
There's no way Neil at 2M is worth more than Comrie at 2M...Neil's value has been way overblown in this city... People talking about getting a 2nd for him at the deadline Rolling Eyes

24Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 3:17 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:comrie has a chance to put up more points than neil can and IF (a big if ) it is true that he wasnt 100% when he came to the sens this year then he can be a much bigger contributor

again i would rather have bass to neil and another young guy to step up for comrie

Agreed. Comrie's old news. Time for new blood.

25Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 3:57 pm

cash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I agree with letting the young guys get their feet wet, but I dont see where Comrie is a more valuable player to the Sens then Neil is. Neil brings it every night, does things no one else can, and has been part of the organization for a long time.

You can't deny that Comrie has the potential to still be a 50-60 point player in the NHL and unlike so many other "slippery" skill-players, Comrie doesn't disappear in the playoffs.
There's no way Neil at 2M is worth more than Comrie at 2M...Neil's value has been way overblown in this city... People talking about getting a 2nd for him at the deadline Rolling Eyes

If it becomes a choice between those 2, at the same salary, Im taking Neil. Comrie isnt fast enough to put up those kind of numbers anymore IMO. He is, like a lot of others, far too easy to play against.

I dont really want either back, but if its a choice of either or... I'll take Neil every time.

26Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I wouldnt take neil at that salary he doesnt put up the numbers....neil does add some grit but w he does not deserve to be the most overpaid fighter in the league

27Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:07 pm

I agree, but Comrie isnt worth much more than an entry level deal at this point either IMO. A 3rd/4th line "fighter" who can actually play 10 plus mins a night and play in any kind of game is more valuable than what Comrie brings at this point in time.

28Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:09 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:I agree, but Comrie isnt worth much more than an entry level deal at this point either IMO. A 3rd/4th line "fighter" who can actually play 10 plus mins a night and play in any kind of game is more valuable than what Comrie brings at this point in time.

fair enough but again would still rather have some of the young guys up and play maybe even the man we draft this year

29Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I agree, but Comrie isnt worth much more than an entry level deal at this point either IMO. A 3rd/4th line "fighter" who can actually play 10 plus mins a night and play in any kind of game is more valuable than what Comrie brings at this point in time.

fair enough but again would still rather have some of the young guys up and play maybe even the man we draft this year

For sure, we are on the same page, but I would just never choose Comrie over Neil with the current makeup of the Sens. I dont even think it matters on the makeup actually, haha.

30Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wasn't Comrie hurt? Are you guys judging him based on that performance?

31Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Im judging him based on the fact he has been a no show for the last 2 years basically, nothing really seperats him from other 2nd line guys. For a small guy he is too slow and too soft.

32Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And probably asking for too much...

33Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators trying to trade Jason Smith? Sun May 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Anything over a mil is waaaay too much IMO. That spot can be used to develope another young guy like Regin. (which I think everyone has stated a million times now)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum