GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tonight's Games

+9
Riprock
LeCaptain
wprager
SensFan71
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
davetherave
SensGirl11
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

76Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:13 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Oilers on the outside...for now...as the Wild go wild with a win and The Golden Gaborik gets a goal.

Ducks still peckin' away at a perch on the playoff porch...

It just gets more and more interesting...

And...do the Sens STILL have a shot? Mathematically, anyway...

Although I always like Canadian content in the post-season, you can't help but hope for the Blues in the West, and the Panthers in the East. Two up-and-coming teams that play the game as it should be played.

Just imagine what St. Lou will look like with Magic Eric Johnson and Michel Pietrangelo. :00:

Oshie, Boyes, Berglund and Perron are also playing amazing right now. Especially Oshie, he scores highlight reel goals every game.
If Jake Allen also pans out well, it might get pretty ugly in 2-3 years.

If the Blues get in...watch out.

77Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:55 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Johnny Torts and The Manhattan Madmen taking it to Marty and Swamp Things 3-zip in the 3rd...

:****:

78Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:33 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

The Blueshirts fork the Devs 3-0 at MSG...they love Avery in New York...and to give credit where credit is due, the Seanster definitely got inside the Jersey Mob's heads. A very entertaining game to watch. Shocking to see how New York totally dominated them. Has the Marty Mystique worn off?
Ahhhhh!

79Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:49 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

The Rangers are surely the team the Devils dont want to face.

80Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:15 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:The Blueshirts fork the Devs 3-0 at MSG...they love Avery in New York...and to give credit where credit is due, the Seanster definitely got inside the Jersey Mob's heads. A very entertaining game to watch. Shocking to see how New York totally dominated them. Has the Marty Mystique worn off?
Ahhhhh!

I don't think so, the Devils just can't keep over-working him. 20 shots allowed in the first period? Facepalm

81Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:16 pm

I cant remember the last time MArty had a good playoff so..

82Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:47 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:The Blueshirts fork the Devs 3-0 at MSG...they love Avery in New York...and to give credit where credit is due, the Seanster definitely got inside the Jersey Mob's heads. A very entertaining game to watch. Shocking to see how New York totally dominated them. Has the Marty Mystique worn off?
Ahhhhh!

I don't think so, the Devils just can't keep over-working him. 20 shots allowed in the first period? Facepalm

I was wondering about that, but Marty did not look good on several of those goals...it was clear that the Rangers, and especially Avery, got in his face and into his head.

And on top of that, Clarkson took an absolutely stupid misconduct penalty when he tried to get Gabbo to fight...

Of course, it helps that Lundqvist has, if I heard it right, a 14-2 record vs Brodeur. FYI New York is 10-2-3, including the playoffs, against the Devils with Avery in the lineup since he arrived in February 2007 (source ESPN)...

Like Caissie said, the Devs sure don't want to meet the Blueshirts in the playoffs...
Peter Schaefer Surre

83Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No, they do not.

In fact...I think it's pretty safe to say that no one wants to meet the Rangers. They have Lundqvist and....also....meh, they have Lundqvist.

84Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:31 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:No, they do not.

In fact...I think it's pretty safe to say that no one wants to meet the Rangers. They have Lundqvist and....also....meh, they have Lundqvist.

To be fair, his playoff numbers thus far aren't overly staggering. The Rags are still quite soft as well, even with Avery back in.

That said, I think Tortorella makes this team a scarier play-off match-up than they would be under Renney.

85Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
To be fair, his playoff numbers thus far aren't overly staggering. The Rags are still quite soft as well, even with Avery back in.

That said, I think Tortorella makes this team a scarier play-off match-up than they would be under Renney.

For sure, I have a feeling their series is gonna be a whole whack of 2-1, 3-2 games. Frustrating, boring games - which is not the Torts style - but he seems to be tightening them up in their own end a lot.

86Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:03 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Rock n' roll to save your hockey soul tonight, as the NHL puts on eight, some of which will determine playoff fate....

The B's are boppin' at the top while Tampa has tumbled. Though they've been humbled, Tocchet's Terrors can still find the juice to zap unsuspecting foes. But Uncle Claude's no clod, and the bearclaws will be out for the bumbling Bolts.

The clash in Columbus will be off the charts as the persistent Predators are set on ripping the Jackets. But Hitch's Horde are hip, and they won't take no lip from Trotz's team.

La Gang A Gainey pitch Price against the Count of Monte Cristobal as the Hawks swoop in to Le Centre Bell. But its playoffs or Hell for the Habs, so they'll want to keep tabs on Killer Kane, Terrific Toews and rest of these speedy birds. Which cast shows up for Le Cirque du Bleu Blanc Rouge? Will AK27 and AK47 come out firing bullets or blanks?

The Senators will be anything but diplomatic as they try to burn down the house in Sunrise and smoke the Panthers in the process. Will ZenSen Master Cory-San send Super Bri-El or Auld the Awesome to shut it down against the capable Cats? There's post season privileges--or at least hope for them--on the line tonight.

The Nucks have been nuclear as Bobby Lu leads the charge. They can glom the top spot in the Northwest if they can tame the Wild. But will Mercurial Marian be gold or cold tonight? It's all about making the playoffs in Minny...or not.

The duelling Ducks will muck it out with an Oilers team that has slid down the slope. Is there still playoff hope for MacT's men, or will they be Teemunated by Carlyle's Crew?

It's home and home for the Stars and Kings, but with the playoffs out of sight, it'll be just another night.

Enjoy the games!
cheers

Last edited by davetherave on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total

87Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:08 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:Will ZenSen Master Cory-San send Super Bri-El or Auld the Awesome to shut it down against the capable Cats?
Bri-El goes tonight!

88Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:59 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

It's no April Fools Joke for the clubs competing tonight, and our slate is a plate featuring some sizzling Grade A beefsteak.

The Isles-Caps might be a light snack, but there are some hot wings being served up as the Buffalo Bunch try to slash the Thrash. Lindy's Lot need these two points, and desperate doesn't come close to describing their situation.

The real value meal is the barbecue at Le Centre Mellon as the Devs try to fricassee the Pens. Crosby's Cronies aren't home free yet, and they've gotta keep marchin' if they want a get a lock on that playoff spot.

The Flyers-Leafs may have all the significance of a garden salad, but they really don't like each other. Philly wants to keep their home ice advantage--assuming they stay in their playoff bound posture.

The Hawks can't cry the blues after being humbled by the Habs...they're back at home and there's lots of history between them and the lads from St Louis...the Blues, on the verge of a truly dramatic comeback from the cellar, will be at their best and their nastiest. Can Captain Jonny be good, and can the Hawks hoist themselves back up by their skatelaces?

If you need a nightcap, or the Sominex just doesn't do it for you, you can take a dose of Desert Dognip as the Yotes and the Avs push the puck around for pride.

Have a great hockey night everybody.
cool)

89Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3

If you need a nightcap, or the Sominex just doesn't do it for you, you can take a dose of Desert Dognip as the Yotes and the Avs push the puck around for pride.

Good stuff. Big night tonight...again!

90Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:54 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, a couple of surprises tonight.

The Pingu Posse marched all over Marty.

The Sabres were dull against the Thrash, and now their playoff hopes are smashed.

The Flyers couldn't get airborne against Toronto, and Biron got grounded.

St Louis sang the Blues as Chicago found their jazz again.

Earlier, Ovie N Da Krew did what they had to do, nothing new.

And in Phoenix, Shane Doan and the Dogs buried the Avalanche.

Tomorrow, the fun continues...
:D:

91Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:59 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Devils are in a slump... and I'd be a bit concerned if I was them.

On the Fan590 this morning... they said "Never too late for a coaching change in New Jersey".

I thought that was pretty damn funny.

92Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:25 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Neely4Life wrote:I cant remember the last time MArty had a good playoff so..

OMG, remember the series against us in 06-07, he was just brutal. The guys were able to score on him from any angle.

He was not very good last night, he doesn't seem to be mentally prepared to be playing again. It's unfortunate for them too, they were poised for a long run. We'll see what happens I guess.

93Tonight's Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:30 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brodeur couldn't keep up the smoke and mirrors act up forever. Time for the Devils to tighten up if they want to make their star look good and win games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum