GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tonight's Games

+9
Riprock
LeCaptain
wprager
SensFan71
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
davetherave
SensGirl11
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

31Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:39 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Here's a snapshot of tonight's standings and playoff races:

Tonight's Games - Page 3 Nhl32711

32Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:01 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

What a night for hockey junkies!

There are a few shocked fans in Detroit after seeing former Red Wings prospect Joey MacDonald blank the Winged Wheels. Oldtimer Doug Weight, Marvelous Mark Streit and Dandy Dean McAmmond led the fresh faced Isles to the upset, yes, at the Joe. Yes, there ARE defensive issues for the reigning Champs...

The Sabres buffaloed the Leaves back across the border. Miller Genuine Draft and hot wings all around. Domenic Moore slugged it out with Luke Schenn.

Missed the Caps-Bolts jolt--expecting Ovie N Da Krew to come through, as they did, the Gr8 One popping a pair--but Stevie Stamkos got his 19th goal as he gradually becomes the player it was hoped he would be.

Devilishly delightful Hawkey as New Jersey and Chicago served up a playoff quality buffet, with the Blackhawks breaking the Devs' spell after a dirty dozen stretching back eleven years. Brent Seabrook ended it with an OT cruise missile from the blueline.

And Rolly The Goalie keeps on rockin' as the Oil slipped out of Anaheim with a dramatic defeat of the Ducks. Who says Dapper Dwayne's old and washed up? He stopped 51 frikkin' shots to steal it.

Nucks nab two points in the Mile High City. The Avs need a netminder big time. And we mean BIG time. With tonight's bounce-back win over the Avs--Jason LaBarbera giving Bobby Lu the night off--the Canucks are now a win away from bumping the Flames out of first in the Northwest Division.

The playoff picture is getting shuffled again in the West, and it ain't over in the East...get ready for a Slammin' Saturday!

:%%: :$$$$: :^^: :##: Cheering

33Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:08 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dave, you've got a bit of a soft spot for the Hawks, there, don't you? I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I'm kinda insightful that way. :D

34Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:03 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Dave, you've got a bit of a soft spot for the Hawks, there, don't you? I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I'm kinda insightful that way. :D

Indeed you are Prags... Wink Blackhawks fan since '61... :D

35Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:13 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockey Night In North America kicks off this afternoon Wink with The March of the Pingu Posse...

"Ayyyy, fuggiddabouddit" sed Coach Johnny T when fans flung dung at his beleaguered Blueshirts...for Mister T, it's all about the here and now. "So WTF if it ain't pretty?" comes Tort's retort when the critics converge. "You gotta problem with that?" Indeed, the Rangers are still rockin' in the free world, and pushing for the playoffs a point ahead of Crosby's Cronies. But Marky Flower and the Mellonheads may look to mess with the New York State of Mind and delay their dash to Destiny. The Sid N' Geno Show is all systems go.

Next up, guess who's coming to dinner as the Preds set the table for the careening Kings, who looked so royal until recently; but ah, youth, and, anyway LA has plenty to look forward to...but at the moment, padlocking that playoff spot is Nashville's number one menu item. Penurious Pekka will present his version of Lean Cuisine as he won't serve up many scoring chances.

Meanwhile, Les Habitants will hope the Sabres' skates are full of pea soup as La Gang A Gainey tries to show that winning ugly can be beautiful. Lindy's Lads have been good and bad, but they'll have to show some Buff Stuff in front of Miller The Magnificent tonight if they want to keep the playoff flame alight.

Brent Sutter's lexicon of sour looks has been in the limelight lately as New Jersey's laid some deviled eggs. Dropping three straight, they need more than their usual bounce from Brodeur to break the mighty wind blowin' tonight at the Rock. Can the Canes counter?

Plan the parade! The Isles fish-sticked the Wings at the Joe, whattya know, and now its time to flummox the Flyers. It may be all for pride, but hey, that still counts for something.

Those fallen Leaves still come up with the stuff to stuff it to teams they shouldn't beat, but the Bruins are full of beans as they sit at the top of tree in the East. Don Cherry is having multiple o's right now.

Can the Sens thrash the Thrash? As Clouston splits up the CASH line to more evenly distribute scoring wealth, this is as much a money game as any one Alfie's Army has played this year. "Live to fight another day" will the words on many fans' lips...

The Panthers are still panting after their last win, and the scent of success still lingers as they seek to stop the Stars and eke out a chance to dance into Spring. Persistent Pete DeBoer has to hope his patience pays off.

All guns will be blazing as Blues and Bluejackets battle in St Louis. They both want to be this year's Cinderella team, and while the Crew from Columbus looks set, the Blues have to keep playing a hot hand. Game of The Night.

The crowds in Cowtown are getting creeped out as the Nucks creep up on them, and the Wild have Mercurial Marian back in the fold hoping his scoring touch will be gold, because the Minny minnows have been hot and cold. Iron Mike wants to light a fire under his horses' sagging saddles.

The Late Show features "Yotes Versus Jaws" as the Desert Dogs go shark hunting on their way to San Jose...

Another festival of hockey fun...
Cheering :##: :^^:

36Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:35 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Pingus pop past Mister T's team as their March march continues.

The Canes and Capable Cam blow by the Devs.

Nashville is a-pickin' and a-grinnin' as the Preds keep a-winnin'.

The Bruins chomp the Leafs.

Danny Briere is there as the Flyers flutter past the Islanders in the SO.

Sens sink as Thrashers flash.

Sabres slash the Habs...Gainey's Gang still gets an ugly point...but oh-oh le, as the Panthers stuff it to the Stars and are just a point away...

Still lots of hockey to play.
:bounce: :KKK:

37Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:The Pingus pop past Mister T's team as their March march continues.

Man was Crosby ever on tonight. I know it's fashionable to hype guys like Ovechkin and Malkin over him, but this guy has become criminally under-rated as a result.

Simply amazing when he's on like that.

38Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:32 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

More late breaking news...as the Blues and Bluejackets battle royal shakes out in the shootout with St Louis taking an essential extra two points...

Mason Vs Mason was amazing.

Vermette scored a slick breakaway goal, leaving two defenders dazed.

Rick Nash...is he the best all-round offensive player in the league? If you saw him score his totally wicked game-tying goal tonight, you have the right to ask the question.

And the St Louis Blues...they ARE the meaning of heart and soul hockey right now.

...at the moment, we have, in the West, FOUR teams within two points of one another--and perhaps five if the Wild win--vying for the last two playoff slots, all of them even on games played...

Wow. :$$$$: :$$$$: :$$$$:

39Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:57 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Rick Nash...is he the best all-round offensive player in the league? If you saw him score his totally wicked game-tying goal tonight, you have the right to ask the question.

Oh, I don't think so. He's got a ways to go yet. I'm not sure he's the best all-around forward in the division (a certain #13 takes that title IMO).

He didn't play with much intensity for most of the game, from what I've read. Apparently getting rocked from Oshie woke him up.

40Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:The Pingus pop past Mister T's team as their March march continues.

Man was Crosby ever on tonight. I know it's fashionable to hype guys like Ovechkin and Malkin over him, but this guy has become criminally under-rated as a result.

Simply amazing when he's on like that.

Amazing. :****:

41Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:12 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Rick Nash...is he the best all-round offensive player in the league? If you saw him score his totally wicked game-tying goal tonight, you have the right to ask the question.

Oh, I don't think so. He's got a ways to go yet. I'm not sure he's the best all-around forward in the division (a certain #13 takes that title IMO).

He didn't play with much intensity for most of the game, from what I've read. Apparently getting rocked from Oshie woke him up.

ASQ...you gotta watch the games....

And I said all round offensive player...Pavel, who I absolutely LOVE to watch...is IMHO the best two way player in the game...

But as I say, you have to watch the games to even have this discussion.

PS whose game reports are you reading?

:pirat:

42Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:24 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:

ASQ...you gotta watch the games....

And I said all round offensive player...Pavel, who I absolutely LOVE to watch...is IMHO the best two way player in the game...

But as I say, you have to watch the games to even have this discussion.

PS whose game reports are you reading?

:pirat:

HF discussion by Columbus/St. Louis fans.

So what does best all-around offensive player entail? Because I would think Geno would then have that, seeing as he has more hits, essentially as many goals, and more assists than Nash has points.

I'll admit I don't watch as much Western Conference hockey as I'd like to. Razz Watched the Flames - Wild game though.

43Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:58 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Meh, Nash best offensive player? Do you really think he's better than Ovechkin, Datsyuk (who BTW is a monster skater, attack or defense mode), Malkin, Crosby, Getzlaf etc.
He would defenitely be one of the most skilled, but "all around" implies so many factors. Even then, a guy like Semin or Kovalchuk (those damn russian have hands of silk) can pop up amazing goals too.
We'll see what Nash is made of in the playoffs, for me an amazing player (and it has nothing to do with the debate anymore the I must admit) will battle like a machine until the last second of eliminating match.

44Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:25 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:

Can the Sens thrash the Thrash? As Clouston splits up the CASH line to more evenly distribute scoring wealth, this is as much a money game as any one Alfie's Army has played this year. "Live to fight another day" will the words on many fans' lips...

Perhaps that's the problem. They should be fighting to live another day instead.

45Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:11 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Meh, Nash best offensive player? Do you really think he's better than Ovechkin, Datsyuk (who BTW is a monster skater, attack or defense mode), Malkin, Crosby, Getzlaf etc.
He would defenitely be one of the most skilled, but "all around" implies so many factors. Even then, a guy like Semin or Kovalchuk (those damn russian have hands of silk) can pop up amazing goals too.
We'll see what Nash is made of in the playoffs, for me an amazing player (and it has nothing to do with the debate anymore the I must admit) will battle like a machine until the last second of eliminating match.

Rick Nash is exactly that...

...interesting that ASQ mentioned Malkin BTW. I'm a big admirer of Geno's exceptional skills...but IMHO Nash merits the consideration I have raised--and notice, please I did NOT say he is the best...after all, at the ultra elite level, how do you choose between them?

But that if one watched last game--and all the games Nash plays--one can be justified in asking the question "Is Nash the best all around offensive player in the NHL?"

As always, look beyond the numbers...and look to what we call being able to 'change the game'. Nash now has the ability to do this on an increasingly consistent basis. It's not how many you score, it's WHEN you score. Last night was a perfect example.

And again, if you didn't see that jaw dropping display of skill that resulted in the game tying goal against a tenacious Blues team, it's hard to have this discussion.

Taking nothing away from Malkin, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, etc etc...just saying Nash is up there with all of them.

Watch him play. And enjoy.
8)

46Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Ahhhhh!

I ASK YOU HOCKEY FANS, HOW EXCITING DOES IT GET????

Well, just look at Sunday's slate will ya...it's Hockeypalooza.

GAME OF THE DAY:
Playoff preview at the Joe as the pesky Preds will be out to clip the Wings...again.

These two have some major history, and as the season series shows, lots of 'revenge factor':

REGULAR SEASON SERIES Tied 2-2
Dec 26:
at Predators 3, Red Wings 2
Feb 10: Red Wings 5 at Predators 3
Feb 18: at Red Wings 6, Predators 2
Feb 28: at Predators 8, Red Wings 0

Bring it ON.

Battle of the Blue continues with the second half of a home and home between St Louis and Columbus...last night's thrills, chills and spills spill over into the Nationwide Arena that'll be rockin' the roof off from the first faceoff. Will it go all the way to a shootout again today? With the Blues on the doorstep, and Mason Vs Mason, you can bet on it. GAME OF THE DAY NUMBER TWO.

Down in St Pete, Ricky Tocchet's gonna have his Bolts juiced up...the Sens will want to forget getting lost in 'Lanta. These teams don't like each other, and they have more than a little frustration to vent. Will Chris Neil take on Godzilla Artyukhin? Now there's some UFC action for ya.

The Fast and The Furious is the subtitle for tonight's game at the United Center in Chicago. 'Caution: cardiac arrest possible' will be the warning for those tuning in to see the Nucks and Hawks. Two terrific teams should mean some terrific hockey. Bobby Lu Vs The Bulin Wall, and that's not all.

A classic NHL rivalry continues in Philadelphia as the big bad B's swagger into The City of Brotherly Love, and expect none. They chomped on the Leafs last night, but that was just a salad before the main course. The Flyers will ram a Philly cheesesteak down their gullets...if they can.

Save the best for (next to) last: this might be a final flurry from the Wild as they roll into Rexall Place after letting a big two points get away from them in the Saddledome. And the Oil can't afford to slip up now...Old Man Dwayne starts his one thousandth consecutive game LOL.

And for those who just can't get enough of that hockey stuff, The Mighty Ducks are your midnight snack...with a few Sno-Cones for dessert courtesy of the Avalanche. Ducks keep quackin' for a peck at the playoffs. Who plays between the pipes for the Denverites? Ouch.

Get out the La-Z-Boy and the case of two-four, eh...and keep the nachos comin'...
:####: :^^:

47Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:08 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Man, if Artyukhin could ever learn how to handle the puck...

48Tonight's Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Rick Nash is my favourite player. I also believe, probably because of the bias, he is the best player. Canadian, Captain, Offensive and defensive. And amazing skill for such a big boy. Only thing is his durability.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum