GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tonight's Games

+9
Riprock
LeCaptain
wprager
SensFan71
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
davetherave
SensGirl11
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

16Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:40 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Tampa at Montreal - 7:30PM (not showing station, I'm
assuming RDS)
The Tampa/Montreal game is: TSN (HD), RDS (HD), SUN.

I get my info from: http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyday.htm?navid=NAV|SCH|Today

Thx Shabbs... cheers

I've already set up base camp in front of the HD screen...laptop at hand...and tall cold ones ready on tap.

Who needs 'normal life' LOL...when you have hockey!
:bounce:

whoo do you mind if a bunch of rowdy fellow montagoose supporters drop by? we will bring beer and nachoes lol.

17Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:29 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

To their credit, Montreal played an absolutely dominant game tonight against Tampa. Shots must have been something like 35-18.

Tampa clawed their way into OT, but you could tell Montreal was going to win that one.

2 points up on Florida with 2 games in hand - I'm not sure I see playoff hockey for the Cats. :**:

18Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tampa Bay is a disgustingly bad hockey team. Holy Dung - what can you say...pick any point in the game and I guarantee Danny Boyle is better than both of the defenders for TB. Blah...

Lucky Romo had a great night or this could've been 8-1.

Did I mention how diddling putrid the Lightning are? Diddle me. Vinny and St.Louis are lost out there.

Really...trade Vinny and St.Louis and start fresh, but whatever the heck you do, make sure you get a D-man or two out of the deals. Puking2

19Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:35 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I thought St. Louis played pretty well. Lecavalier wasn't great, but he's got Evgeni Arpukin out there with him.

Keep in mind Mez and Ranger are both out.

But yeah, I still lie awake at night over the fact that we could have had their first.

Man would Hedman ever look awesome in a Sens jersey.

20Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Off topic:

There are two guys in the NHL that really go about their job quietly, but have assets that teams need to always be looking for. The first, Slava Kozlov. I know he's a pretty well known player, but this guy does everything. He can look disinterested at times, but he's got an amazing vision of the ice in the offensive zone.

The second is a weird one, but I've been watching Fredrik Sjostrom for a while now, and everytime he's touched the puck the entire year, something good happens. I think he's a Ryan Shannon out there, and I think it might be possible to acquire him from the Rangers.

I have a feeling about these two guys. If you can get Kozlov, that's a major move, but Sjostrom might be available. Take a look at him closely when you get a chance.

21Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I thought St. Louis played pretty well. Lecavalier wasn't great, but he's got Evgeni Arpukin out there with him.

Keep in mind Mez and Ranger are both out.

But yeah, I still lie awake at night over the fact that we could have had their first.

Man would Hedman ever look awesome in a Sens jersey.

I think about it from time to time, but it's the risk/reward scenario. When Murray's scouts told him to nab Picard, he probably thought of it like Campoli deal. Young player, great upside, let's take a chance. I'm sure if he'd know that TB would blow chunks, he would have gone the other way. :^^^^:

22Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:53 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Off topic:

There are two guys in the NHL that really go about their job quietly, but have assets that teams need to always be looking for. The first, Slava Kozlov. I know he's a pretty well known player, but this guy does everything. He can look disinterested at times, but he's got an amazing vision of the ice in the offensive zone.

The second is a weird one, but I've been watching Fredrik Sjostrom for a while now, and everytime he's touched the puck the entire year, something good happens. I think he's a Ryan Shannon out there, and I think it might be possible to acquire him from the Rangers.

I have a feeling about these two guys. If you can get Kozlov, that's a major move, but Sjostrom might be available. Take a look at him closely when you get a chance.

Eh. Where does Sjostrom fit in?

First line is set.
FFS is set.
I want Regin on line 2/3, and if we re-sign Comrie, then he'll fill that line out with Kelly.
Fourth line is Neil - Bass - Ruutu. 8)

Who do you take out for Shoestrom?

I'd rather spend any excess money on a Mattias Ohlund.

Ohlund, Phillips, Kuba, Volchenkov, Campoli, someone. Not a bad d-core, not a bad forward corps, Leclaire and Elliott is potentially stellar.

Good times ahead, methinks (hopes).

23Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Eh. Where does Sjostrom fit in?

First line is set.
FFS is set.
I want Regin on line 2/3, and if we re-sign Comrie, then he'll fill that line out with Kelly.
Fourth line is Neil - Bass - Ruutu. 8)

Who do you take out for Shoestrom?

I'd rather spend any excess money on a Mattias Ohlund.

Ohlund, Phillips, Kuba, Volchenkov, Campoli, someone. Not a bad d-core, not a bad forward corps, Leclaire and Elliott is potentially stellar.

Good times ahead, methinks (hopes).

If you're in a position to pull a Nycholat/Shannon type trade that goes unheralded in the summer, I would do it. The risk/reward is so immense. I doubt he gets much $$ either as an RFA. This is the kind of guy that you can put with Regin and the two of them could provide a real spark.

But the point is valid, odds are he's just another 3rd line player that doesn't do much. Still....I have a feeling...and to my own credit, the last time I had a feeling about a player was Mike Comrie in 2006 when I was watching Coyotes games (I had just got Center Ice and was quite excited). I think Kozlov is the Comrie of our season next year if you will and I think Sjostrom is the Shannon.

Or I'm wrong and I just wasted a mid-to-low level prospect. 8)

24Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:excite: Oh oh, I have an idea. Let's trade Chris Kelly...and acquire a much cheaper version of him in Sjostrom.

25Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:11 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote::excite: Oh oh, I have an idea. Let's trade Chris Kelly...and acquire a much cheaper version of him in Sjostrom.

Yeah, Brian Murray's going to trade Chris Kelly. Rolling Eyes Razz

26Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Yeah really. They're in I love you or Kelly's got some pretty serious picks of Murray.

We'll probably be happy we have Kelly next year - if we plan on turning it around full scale and attempting to make the playoffs. He'd be a key component defensively I suppose. Rolling Eyes

27Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:20 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cheering WOW...another great hockey night tonight.

Man, am I glad I didn't have to watch the insufferable Pierre McGuire as I have RDS...but Benoit Brunet's brown-nosing is just as irritating. Just watched enough snippets of the Habs-Bolts to monitor it...but not impressive.

Saw bits of the Rangers-Thrash...sheesh. Johnny Torts is already saying fuggidabouddit. At least they got a point.

On the other hand, the Bluejackets-Flames tilt was effin' awesome. Steve Mason gets his 10th shutout as the Jackets crushed--I mean totally crushed--Calgary five to nuthin'. After Kipper got yanked, Curtis Mac at least kept it from being 9-0. Vermette is a happy chappy there, and for good reason. Hitch's Horde is going to hurt some folks in the post season.

Caught the end of the Panthers-Flyers...the Cats still have a few lives left.

Switched over to watch the Preds spear the Sharks, coming back from two-zip to take 'em down 3-2 and jump past the Oil into 8th. Barry Trotz is one helluva coach...and Pekka Rinne rocks.

Then the Blues nuked the Nucks 4-2...they have been one of the hottest teams in the league since the ASG, and seeing them expose the Van D and score a shortie when Sundin coughed it up was underdog hockey at its finest. St Louis is now tied with Edmonton and just one point out.

Can't get enough of that hockey stuff!
Cheering

28Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:23 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Yeah really. They're in I love you or Kelly's got some pretty serious picks of Murray.

We'll probably be happy we have Kelly next year - if we plan on turning it around full scale and attempting to make the playoffs. He'd be a key component defensively I suppose. Rolling Eyes

Someone's gotta PK. Laughing3

Especially if we plan on keeping Neil and Ruutu.

29Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:24 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Caught the end of the Panthers-Flyers...the Cats still have a few lives left.

:^^^^: Man, you must have a million of these.

I hope you're right, though. I'm a closet fan of Booth, Ballard and co.

30Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:07 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

:D Fabulous Friday in the NHL as the playoff push pumps up the volume...

The Ruff Riders will flash their best blades as it's Miller Time again for the Sabres. Will they exume the spirit of Punch Imlach and Tim Horton to blow the Leafs out of their backyard? Get out the hot sauce for this one.

Across the country, it's Battlestar Icelactica at the Honda Center in Anaheim, where the skating cyborgs of Handy Randy Carlyle have risen like T2...they refuse to die. The Oil have slipped; if they get pucked by the Ducks, MacT will have to shake the tree. Everything is on the line for these two clubs.

The Hawks are flying again after wins over the Kings and Sharks, while the Devils have been more fizzle than sizzle since Mighty Marty further staked his claim to the Hall of Fame with his record breaking win against the Chicago Mob. The Jersey Mob will bring the heavy artillery, but The Bulin Wall is ready to stand tall. Just one terrific game between two terrific teams expected to be loud and proud in the playoffs. Badabing!

In other action, the rematch between the Bolts and Caps should be notable simply to see if all is forgiven for Ovie's fire dance in Tampa after his 50th tally...or will Godzilla Artyukhin and King Kong Koci wanna get funky with Ovie?

The NHL's best versus the bottom of the barrel dwellers...will the Wings make fish sticks out of the Isles tonight? They haven't seen each other since January '07, and the Long Islanders haven't been welcomed to the Joe since December '05.

Something happened to the Canuck Express in St Louis, and the Nuckleheads are smarting after getting bopped by the Blues. Can they get back on a high in Denver?

Enjoy!

31Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:39 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Here's a snapshot of tonight's standings and playoff races:

Tonight's Games - Page 2 Nhl32711

32Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:01 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

What a night for hockey junkies!

There are a few shocked fans in Detroit after seeing former Red Wings prospect Joey MacDonald blank the Winged Wheels. Oldtimer Doug Weight, Marvelous Mark Streit and Dandy Dean McAmmond led the fresh faced Isles to the upset, yes, at the Joe. Yes, there ARE defensive issues for the reigning Champs...

The Sabres buffaloed the Leaves back across the border. Miller Genuine Draft and hot wings all around. Domenic Moore slugged it out with Luke Schenn.

Missed the Caps-Bolts jolt--expecting Ovie N Da Krew to come through, as they did, the Gr8 One popping a pair--but Stevie Stamkos got his 19th goal as he gradually becomes the player it was hoped he would be.

Devilishly delightful Hawkey as New Jersey and Chicago served up a playoff quality buffet, with the Blackhawks breaking the Devs' spell after a dirty dozen stretching back eleven years. Brent Seabrook ended it with an OT cruise missile from the blueline.

And Rolly The Goalie keeps on rockin' as the Oil slipped out of Anaheim with a dramatic defeat of the Ducks. Who says Dapper Dwayne's old and washed up? He stopped 51 frikkin' shots to steal it.

Nucks nab two points in the Mile High City. The Avs need a netminder big time. And we mean BIG time. With tonight's bounce-back win over the Avs--Jason LaBarbera giving Bobby Lu the night off--the Canucks are now a win away from bumping the Flames out of first in the Northwest Division.

The playoff picture is getting shuffled again in the West, and it ain't over in the East...get ready for a Slammin' Saturday!

:%%: :$$$$: :^^: :##: Cheering

33Tonight's Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonight's Games Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dave, you've got a bit of a soft spot for the Hawks, there, don't you? I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I'm kinda insightful that way. :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum