GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Will The Playoff Teams Finish?

+9
Acrobat
wprager
caissie_1
shabbs
asq2
Cronie
SensFan71
PTFlea
davetherave
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

76How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Cronie wrote:Damn DTR. From one ex-DJ, I have to tell ya, I'd LOVE to see you usurp that wind-bag Dreger on TSN's panel.

You're a talented man my friend, and perhaps you could be a rarity: a pundit or analyst on TV with scrupples and integrity, and talent with the spoken and written word to back it up, not to mention a hockey IQ that is off the charts.

Rarity? Are there any others? I'd suggest unique.

The amazing thing is that the writeups seem to be getting better too - kudos!

Add: have you considered a periodic blog? This forum has the capacity to link to one still I think (mods, correct me if I'm wrong). We used to have a daily one, but real life got in the way... :KJK:

Thanks...I'd be up for a blog :D

Top right hand corner of the main page click on Member's blog, login with your current login and password.

After that you can post your topic with a link to your blog here - http://www.gmhockey.com/member-s-blognalysing-f10/

77How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:07 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Cool 8)

78How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

And thus was extended GMHockey's dominance in intelligent hockey discussion...

79How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:38 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

sweet DTR is going to blog, can't wait for the first entry Smile

80How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:25 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:sweet DTR is going to blog, can't wait for the first entry Smile

Same here... He is definetly one of the many great hockey mind's here at GM Hockey!

81How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:51 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

o.k. so who should we be rootin' for to help the Sens chances tonight? Flyers or Devils?

Panthers or Canes?

82How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Root for the Canes to beat the Panthers :D Seriously though if we're talking reality then best shot at the Habs being knocked out is if the Panthers win so I'll be happy either way I guess? scratch

- Unknown Author

83How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:08 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You know what Cronie, ask me again at the end of the Sens road trip.

- Unknown Author

84How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:57 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Root for the Canes to beat the Panthers :D Seriously though if we're talking reality then best shot at the Habs being knocked out is if the Panthers win so I'll be happy either way I guess? scratch

Might be less complicated--and easier on your stomach/liver--just to root for the Sens and let the chips fall where they may... Wink

85How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cheer for the Sens first; and against whoever is closest to 8th without going over in games not involving Sens. Right now that would be cheering for Carolina (since they are past 8th, making Florida closer).

86How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:05 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Canes just beat the Panthers in OT...so the Tabbies and Habbies are tied (barely) for the last spot.

87How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Canes just beat the Panthers in OT...so the Tabbies and Habbies are tied (barely) for the last spot.

Montreal is ahead on wins.

Dang, we really needed Carolina to win in regulation. Damn you J-Bo! (shakes fist)

88How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:20 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

JayBo wants the big shiny new contract LOL

89How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:22 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

And the Hurricanes move past the Penguins into 5th. How about that, eh.

90How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Actually it was Stillman who tied it. Damn you Cory! (shakes fist) Not Clouston, though.

91How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did I ever tell you I hate, Hate, HATE loser points? Why not just go whole hog and give 3 points for a regulation win, 2 for an OT/SO win. Then the loser point at least doesn't dick around with standings as much.

Even better would be to give 2 points for a regulation *or* OT win, but if it goes to a shootout give both teams a single point. Let the goalie get the W but the team gets a tie.

92How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:44 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Did I ever tell you I hate, Hate, HATE loser points? Why not just go whole hog and give 3 points for a regulation win, 2 for an OT/SO win. Then the loser point at least doesn't dick around with standings as much.

Even better would be to give 2 points for a regulation *or* OT win, but if it goes to a shootout give both teams a single point. Let the goalie get the W but the team gets a tie.

Or go back to wins, losses and ties...same diff IMHO.

93How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 6 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The difference is we keep the shootout. They keep telling me that shootouts are exciting. I don't really find them all that exciting, but ok, fine, keep 'em. Give out the GWG and the W for the winning goalie -- those are individual stats, which is appropriate for what the shootout is. But if two teams played through 65 minutes without deciding a winner, then give them both a single point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum