GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Will The Playoff Teams Finish?

+9
Acrobat
wprager
caissie_1
shabbs
asq2
Cronie
SensFan71
PTFlea
davetherave
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

31How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:10 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:One of the most? If they make it, that will never be done again. i feel pretty confident in saying that.

Well, I was trying to look up which comeback has been the most dramatic but haven't found it yet.
8)

32How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:11 pm

davetherave wrote:The Ottawa Senators are now threatening to pull off one of the most incredible comeback playoff drives the NHL has seen.

It seems that the point that people are missing here is that in reality, it may not matter what the Sens do. Even if they win out (which I doubt, we are due for a classic mail-in job soon), it won't be enough if even one of the teams ahead of plays decent hockey over the last 10 or so games. It's no longer in the Sens hands. There are just too many teams, too much of a gap, and too few games.

Had we started this streak a couple of weeks earlier, I might be inclined to agree, however, right now, I'd say we are a day late and a dollar short.

33How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Games Remaining:

@CAR
@ATL
@TB
@FLA
@BOS
vs. PHI
@MTL
vs. BOS
vs. NJ
@TOR

i wouldndt ever think id be saying this but were RIGHT there...

34How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:17 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

As Yogi Berra and Lenny Kravitz said, "It ain't over 'til it's over."

35How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Blazer wrote:Games Remaining:

@CAR
@ATL
@TB
@FLA
@BOS
vs. PHI
@MTL
vs. BOS
vs. NJ
@TOR

i wouldndt ever think id be saying this but were RIGHT there...

Carolina, Philly and NJ are playing well. Florida and Montreal should be desperate and ATL, TB and TO are showing no signs of rolling over.

There are very few gimmes, if any. That being said, even if we win out, it may not be enough.

36How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:24 pm

davetherave wrote:As Yogi Berra and Lenny Kravitz said, "It ain't over 'til it's over."

As hemlock has been saying for a couple of months now, "It's over. It has been for awhile."

Sorry to sound like I'm peeing in the pool but, this is just reality.

37How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:24 pm

If we win out, they will be there because they actually play 3 of the team infront of us.

38How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:27 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
davetherave wrote:As Yogi Berra and Lenny Kravitz said, "It ain't over 'til it's over."

As hemlock has been saying for a couple of months now, "It's over. It has been for awhile."

Reality is peeing in the pool?

My dear friend Hemlock, part of the fun of being a hockey fan is watching a team that is 'out of it' stage a thrilling comeback...and not knowing if they will make it or fall short.

Peeing in the pool is gross.

39How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Neely4Life wrote:If we win out, they will be there because they actually play 3 of the team infront of us.

I'm surprised that you of all people are succumbing to this homerism. It's OVER. I will gladly eat a giant plate of crow is I am wrong, but logic, and simple arithmetic says it all but over.

Even with Clouston we are not immune to the odd stinker. We are about due. My guess is we lose one of the upcoming 3 games to a team below us in the standings.

40How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:29 pm

davetherave wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Reality is peeing in the pool?

My dear friend Hemlock, part of the fun of being a hockey fan is watching a team that is 'out of it' stage a thrilling comeback...and not knowing if they will make it or fall short.

Peeing in the pool is gross.

I would agree with that, except I already pretty much know how this story ends. The Sens will fall just short, and spend the summer wondering how this franchise became the Toronto Diddle Maple Leafs.

41How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:31 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:If we win out, they will be there because they actually play 3 of the team infront of us.

I'm surprised that you of all people are succumbing to this homerism. It's OVER. I will gladly eat a giant plate of crow is I am wrong, but logic, and simple arithmetic says it all but over.

Even with Clouston we are not immune to the odd stinker. We are about due. My guess is we lose one of the upcoming 3 games to a team below us in the standings.

Well maybe some people are drinking Homer's Kool-Aid...but I'm enjoying seeing The Clouston Express roar along...underdogs have more fun!
:afro:

42How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:31 pm

I dont think they will make it, but if they win out, they are in the playoffs, thats the point.

Its excitting though and Im glad this team didnt tank to be honest, it is actually looking good for next year and something to get excitted about.

43How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:34 pm

Neely4Life wrote:I dont think they will make it, but if they win out, they are in the playoffs, thats the point.

Its excitting though and Im glad this team didnt tank to be honest, it is actually looking good for next year and something to get excitted about.

That's a nice switcheroo. And no, check the math, if they win out, it's still not a guarantee. Even if we win out, and Florida wins all their games except against us, they still have us beat.

Of course it's looking good for next season, it would have had we continued to play .500 hockey instead of reeling off 5 or 6 useless wins.

44How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:37 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I don't even think I need to bother posting any-more. Everything hem writes is pretty much identical to my opinion. :D

45How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:38 pm

hemlock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I dont think they will make it, but if they win out, they are in the playoffs, thats the point.

That's a nice switcheroo. And no, check the math, if they win out, it's still not a guarantee. Even if we win out, and Florida wins all their games except against us, they still have us beat.

Of course it's looking good for next season, it would have had we continued to play .500 hockey instead of reeling off 5 or 6 useless wins.

I dont think 1 team will run 10 off in a row, let alone 2 teams. Florida is really struggling, so is Montreal.

If the Panthers and Habs fall flat this week, Ottawa could literally be 3 points out by weeks end. We need help, 100% for sure, and its highly unlikely, but if they win out, they will get in. I would even say if they win 9 of 10 they would get in as well.

Its all depends on the Habs and Cats.

46How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:39 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

BTW the Ducks and Wild are back to within a point of the playoffs...all bets are off in the West.

PS the Ducks have two games left against the Oil...they are separated by three points.

The Teemunator was kept off the scoresheet tonight but George "Brainiac" Parros had a big goal.

47How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:39 pm

asq2 wrote:I don't even think I need to bother posting any-more. Everything hem writes is pretty much identical to my opinion. :D

Haha! You know what they say about great minds, right?

I'd love to think they can make it. A place at the playoff table would be worth our draft standing taking a hit, but to have to settle for a lower pick AND miss the playoffs is like being kicked in the face....and the junk.

48How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:41 pm

davetherave wrote:BTW the Ducks and Wild are back to within a point of the playoffs...all bets are off in the West.

PS the Ducks have two games left against the Oil...they are separated by three points.

The Teemunator was kept off the scoresheet tonight but George "Brainiac" Parros had a big goal.

The West is insane....it will come down to the last day of the regular season to decide not only the participants, but also the seedings. I would love to see the Hawks match up against the BJ's and Van/Cal battle it out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum