GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Will The Playoff Teams Finish?

+9
Acrobat
wprager
caissie_1
shabbs
asq2
Cronie
SensFan71
PTFlea
davetherave
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

106How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:06 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Yeah, I think the East is set pretty much. I like Boston to crush the Habs in 4. Or maybe I just hope - no, I like it as well. :excite:
Yeah, if the Habs do make it in, it would be nice to see them b1tch slapped out in 4 straight.

107How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:37 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Ah, but Les Canadiens are not 'home free' yet...and does it get any more exciting that tonight's line up of frozen frolic?

The Amazin' Mets...oops, I mean The Amazin' Sens...chug into Raleigh and the eye of the Hurricane...stopping Staal and cooling off Cole will be Job One...and how about Ruutu versus Ruutu? No brotherly love lost there. Sens Fans Gotta Believe, and the Sens gotta achieve.

And how about the Panthers-Sabres death match in Buffalo? The Kitties will need every claw to be razor sharp as the Ruff Rabble play goalie Scrabble...and hope Patty Lalime doesn't play Patty Cake.

The Flames have Roast Penguin on their menu, but The Sid & Geno Show, co-starring Gonchar, Guerin, Kunitz and Marky Flower, may have their own plans to cook the Cowtowners.

Isles Gone Wild? 'Beam me up, Scotty' is the operative phrase as the Long Island Ice Teas served by SwissMeister Streit will be potent punches for the suddenly Mild Bunch from Minny...unless Marian the Gab picks up the tab.

The Avs will do their darndest to bury the Ducks, but the Anaheim Express is rolling with Rockin' Randy Carlyle at the controls, and new juice with kids like Wiz Wisniewski and Crafty Christensen backing up the buzzsaws of Getzlaf & Perry..not to mention Godzilla Pronger, the Niedermayer Boys, and the Teemunator.

And the Blackhawks are flyin' high again after konking the Kings...but can they submarine the Sharks once again? Will Khabby out-goalie Nabby? Will JR get a warm welcome but a cool reception? Will Sharp be sharp, and will Slammin' Sammy shut down Jumbo Joe? The roof will be coming off the UC.

Great hockey again on tap! :D

Last edited by davetherave on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

108How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:47 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:Ah, but Les Canadiens are not 'home free' yet...and does it get any more exciting that tonight's line up of frozen frolic?

The Amazin' Mets...oops, I mean The Amazin' Sens...chug into Raleigh and the eye of the Hurricane...stopping Staal and cooling off Cole will be Job One...and how about Ruutu versus Ruutu? No brotherly love lost there. Sens Fans Gotta Believe, and the Sens gotta achieve.

And how about the Panthers-Sabres death match in Buffalo? The Kitties will need every claw to be razor sharp as the Ruff Rabble play goalie Scrabble...and hope Patty Lalime doesn't play Patty Cake.

The Flames have Roast Penguin on their menu, but The Sid & Geno Show, co-starring Gonchar, Guerin, Kunitz and Marky Flower, may have their own plans to cook the Cowtowners.

Isles Gone Wild? 'Beam me up, Scotty' is the operative phrase as the Long Island Ice Teas served by SwissMeister Streit will be potent punches for the suddenly Mild Bunch from Minny...unless Marian the Gab picks up the tab.

The Avs will do their darndest to bury the Ducks, but the Anaheim Express is rolling with Rockin' Randy Carlyle at the controls, and new juice with kids like Wiz Wisniewski and Crafty Christensen backing up the buzzsaws of Getzlaf & Perry..not to mention Godzilla Pronger, the Niedermayer Boys, and the Teemunator.

And the Blackhawks are flyin' high again after konking the Kings...but can they submarine the Sharks once again? Will Khabby out-goalie Nabby? Will JR get a warm welcome but a cool reception? Will Sharp be sharp, and will Slammin' Sammy shut down Jumbo Joe? The roof will be coming off the UC.

I swear I could hear the CBC's Hockey Night In Canada music playing in the background as I read that... awesome!

109How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:48 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:Ah, but Les Canadiens are not 'home free' yet...and does it get any more exciting that tonight's line up of frozen frolic?

Have you ever been a sports headline writer for a newspaper. Will Khabby out-goalie Nabby' That's awesome!! Laughing3

110How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

heh heh...thx...yes, I have written a few headlines in my time...but none as much fun as what I do here...

111How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's the most fun reading I've had in a while DTR... and I just finished reading Carlin's Napalm and Silly Putty to boot! Smile

Nice job... Smile

112How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:40 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

:KKK: Awesome job DTR, WOW! That was probably one of the best posts I've ever seen anywhere!

Thanks for that!!

113How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:24 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

thank you...thank you very much...more where that came from... 8)

114How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:06 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

For what it's worth...Ek has made a final standings prediction...Sens fans will take note of Ottawa's final position:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Hockeybuzz-Final-Standings-Generator-Gerber-Suspended-3--Buzzcast-LIVE/1/20237

THE HOCKEYBUZZ PROJECTED NHL FINAL STANDINGS AS OF MARCH 25, 2008

THE WESTERN CONFERENCE

#1 San Jose
#2 Detroit
#3 Calgary
#4 Columbus
#5 Vancouver
#6 Chicago
#7 St. Louis
#8 Nashville
---------------
#9 Anaheim
#10 Edmonton
#11 Dallas
#12 Minnesota
#13 Phoenix
#14 Los Angeles
#15 Colorado

The Eastern Conference

#1 New Jersey
#2 Boston
#3 Washington
#4 Pittsburgh
#5 Carolina
#6 Philadelphia
#7 Ottawa
#8 NY Rangers
------------------
#9 Florida
#10 Montreal
#11 Atlanta
#12 Toronto
#13 Buffalo
#14 Tampa
#15 NY Islanders

Hmmm...

115How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:08 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:For what it's worth...Ek has made a final standings prediction...Sens fans will take note of Ottawa's final position:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Hockeybuzz-Final-Standings-Generator-Gerber-Suspended-3--Buzzcast-LIVE/1/20237

THE WESTERN CONFERENCE

#1 San Jose
#2 Detroit
#3 Calgary
#4 Columbus
#5 Vancouver
#6 Chicago
#7 St. Louis
#8 Nashville
---------------
#9 Anaheim
#10 Edmonton
#11 Dallas
#12 Minnesota
#13 Phoenix
#14 Los Angeles
#15 Colorado

The Eastern Conference

#1 New Jersey
#2 Boston
#3 Washington
#4 Pittsburgh
#5 Carolina
#6 Philadelphia
#7 Ottawa
#8 NY Rangers
------------------
#9 Florida
#10 Montreal
#11 Atlanta
#12 Toronto
#13 Buffalo
#14 Tampa
#15 NY Islanders

Hmmm...

Another reason why he's colossally stupid.

116How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:13 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
davetherave wrote:For what it's worth...Ek has made a final standings prediction...Sens fans will take note of Ottawa's final position:

THE WESTERN CONFERENCE

#1 San Jose
#2 Detroit
#3 Calgary
#4 Columbus
#5 Vancouver
#6 Chicago
#7 St. Louis
#8 Nashville
---------------
#9 Anaheim
#10 Edmonton
#11 Dallas
#12 Minnesota
#13 Phoenix
#14 Los Angeles
#15 Colorado

The Eastern Conference

#1 New Jersey
#2 Boston
#3 Washington
#4 Pittsburgh
#5 Carolina
#6 Philadelphia
#7 Ottawa
#8 NY Rangers
------------------
#9 Florida
#10 Montreal
#11 Atlanta
#12 Toronto
#13 Buffalo
#14 Tampa
#15 NY Islanders

Hmmm...

Another reason why he's collossally stupid.

LOL

117How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:02 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

And now, as some teams begin to look forward to the their March to the Cup, others face the reality of knowing their season will end in a few weeks.

Tonight, as we glance at the standings, we see the x's, y's and e's begin to appear beside the names of clubs whose fates for the 2008-09 NHL season are sealed.

In the East, Boston, New Jersey and Washington have secured their playoff participation, while Atlanta, Tampa and the Islanders are confirmed in their elimination.

The West's Best, San Jose and Detroit, clinching their berths, will now battle to the flag for The President's Trophy and its bragging rights but more importantly, the first seed and home ice advantage for the entire journey of the second season. Behind them, the dice is still being rolled...

Tonight, Carolina and Pittsburgh made big pushes in games with small scores. The Mighty Wind gusted just enough to prevail, and the Penguins marched on, their foes' will to no avail.

Zen Master Cory's magic could not turn the trick, as Ottawa saw its playoff lamp flicker more faintly, though brave hearts could not be faulted.

The Panthers choked on a fur ball while the Sabres slashed the Cats' dreams to ribbons and kept their own on life support.

Calgary saw its flame fizzle long enough to realize that being called 'elite' might have to wait...with Vancouver, though idle, Nuckling their lead down to tuppence.

The Wild got some mojo from Mercurial Marian Gaborik and exiled the Isles to the golf course, while still trying to catch the playoff train even as it leaves the station.

The Blackhawks fought a seesaw battle with a pack of wounded Sharks who had plenty of fight and bite. Khabby dueled Nabby to a standoff, settled by Master Kane's short sharp sudden death shot.

And the Ducks buried the Avalanche in their own backyard, while sending a message to the Winged Wheels to be wary once again of the waddlers from Disney World.

For hockey junkies...too much ain't enough.

cheers cheers cheers

118How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:35 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

As the clock ticks down on the season, the cards get shuffled again and again.

In the East, the Panthers claw their way back into the picture...the Habs grab two...and the Sabres have but a few last gasps...

In the West, the traffic jam between 7th and 11th looks like Times Square at rush hour...with Anaheim and Nashville now sitting in 7th and 8th, and the Oil, Blues and Wild peeking in just a point away. Dallas seems to be looking at 'time expired' on their hockey meter.

More excitement on the way this weekend...

119How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:11 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hoping everyone survived a weekend of heartstopping hockey!

Cheering

The bubble has not yet burst.

In the East, the Panthers roared back to within a point of Montreal and just two behind the Rangers, while Buffalo needs four or more.

In the West, musical chairs as Nashville jumps up, the Blues jump in, and the tailgating continues with the Ducks, Oil and Wild one, two and three lengths back.

It ain't over yet.

Interestingly enough, the Preds and Blues have the best chances of upsetting the Wings and Sharks in their presumed playoff matchups, based on their meetings this season...

120How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:48 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Checking in at midweek, the game of musical chairs continues...

In the East, Boston continues to dominate, but below them, it's a Chinese Fire Drill...

Washington has pulled away from the Devils.

Carolina has jumped up to 4th.

Philly and the Pens are neck and neck, but the Habs are now just two points back.

The Rangers are hangin' on, but within two whiskers of the Panthers who have a game in 'paw'.

They seem to have run out of hot sauce in Buffalo.

In the West:

The Sharks have their jaws clamped around the number one spot as the Wings wobble.

The Nucks nuke their opposition as they ride their tidal wave to the top of the Northeast while the Flames flicker.

The Blackhawks have settled into a four/five seed, but the teams below them are still shuffling the deck...

While the Jackets seem to have their first-ever playoff appearance buttoned up, the Blues, Ducks and Preds are doing the playoff two-step...where will they be when the music stops?

As for the Oil, Edmonton has sprung a leak...

More excitement on the way!
:##:

121How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:59 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

As of last night, the West continues to be a major test...

...the Canucks and Flames have clinched playoff spots...but the battle for NE bragginrites (and a home ice seed) remains...

After their loss to the Sharks, the Oilers have little hope as they'd slipped to five points out.

It's down to the Ducks, Blues and Preds for the last two, though in principle they can all catch the Jackets, and even the Hawks.

In the East, the invitations to the feast haven't been printed yet, with a few places still not set.

The cagey Canes have moved the goalposts...

The Pingu Posse are ridin' hard...the Flyers are floundering.

Will Tortorella's Fellas fail in the final flurry? Will Pete's Panthers pump up for a playoff push? Are the Habbies happy as they gain with Gainey?

This weekend, the stakes are raised again in Playoff Poker.

:afro:

122How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:36 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

This is by no means scientific, but based on watching the teams play since the last set of predictions, I'm taking a stab at this...

IMHO the last three/four games--for most of the teams--will be hard fought and very close...with more than a few OTs/SOs. So, in many cases I expected that going .500 or .600 would be the norm, with no teams winning all of their remaining contests.

I think the Rangers will beat Montreal Tuesday night, and the Flames will beat the Canucks.

Something also tells me that Jay Bouwmeester may not come up big when it's needed most...and the Panthers will fall short as a result, allowing the Rangers to back in.

Just my gut feeling.

Here we go...

EAST
1. Boston 118
2. Washington 107
3. New Jersey 105
4. Carolina 99
Philadelphia 99
6. Pittsburgh 97
7. Montreal 95
8. NY Rangers 92
----------------------
9. Florida 91
10. Buffalo 88
11. Ottawa 82
12. Toronto 81
13. Atlanta 78
14. Tampa 67
15. NY Islanders 65

WEST

1. San Jose 119
2. Detroit 115
3. Calgary 99
4. Chicago 101
5. Vancouver 98
6. Columbus 93
7. Anaheim 91
8. St Louis 90
----------------
9. Nashville 89
10. Edmonton 86
11. Minnesota 85
12. Dallas 82
13. Phoenix 78
14. Los Angeles 77
15. Colorado 66 70

And we all know what they say about predictions... Wink

123How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The standings could look quite different tomorrow morning...

In the East:

The Devils can draw even with the Capitals.

Carolina has a chance to pass Philly.

Pittsburgh can catch the Flyers and/or Canes.

Montreal can pass Pittsburgh.

The Rangers can be caught and passed by the Panthers.

In the West:

The Canucks and Flames can trade places.

The Preds can catch the Ducks, as can the Blues, and/or the Preds and Blues can swap spots.

Let's see...did I miss anything?

:*:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum