GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today

+8
Acrobat
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
smash88
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Empty Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Melynk was on Sportsnet Hockeycentral at noon today and was asked about this year's Sens and if there were any moves that were coming down the line due to our lack luster play - Kypros even suggested there were rumours Hartsy was going to be let go. Melnyk quashed that right away and said they're going to grind it out and towards the end of the season, the Sens will be in the top 4 for the Eastern Conference. His main point was that the team has gone through a lot of change, new players, new coach, new system and the adjustment continues and is "working" and they'll turn it around and get it going. He was preaching patience first and foremost.

He talked about the need for a PMD and what not, but said making those kinds of moves in this cap era is very hard to do and in order to get a player, you're going to have to give up a comparable player.

Time will tell if his vision of the near future is accurate.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Let's hope.... If we can just turn it up on offense that would solve a lot of problems...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He can't be believing what he said.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

except for the top 4 in the conference thing, it's definitely not a stretch to think we can play better and be better...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

At least Bryan Murray and harstburs are kind safe. That's the ony thing I need to know from him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:At least Bryan Murray and harstburs are kind safe. That's the ony thing I need to know from him.

I find it especially comforting that we can expect nothing will be done on the assumption that we're bound for the Top 4 of our conference. Is my face ever red. :oops:

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

WEll, he understands the cap situation and it seems like he know a thing or two about the ridiculous return that would occur if we wanted to make a trade. I think the messge is: "we freaking suck and there is absolutely nothing I can do"

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

...by the end of the year.

He just said it on 590.

Expects the Sens to 'turn it around and become a serious contender'. Likes what he's seeing in terms of the Sens new commitment to defense.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

I think finishing top 4 is a stretch, playing a lot better and being competitive again, that can be done for sure...

10Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:59 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:...by the end of the year.

He just said it on 590.

Expects the Sens to 'turn it around and become a serious contender'. Likes what he's seeing in terms of the Sens new commitment to defense.

if year means season, then yes.

11Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also said he likes the way Spezza is committing to the re-tooling of being a 2 way player.

12Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:07 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He already said this on HockeyCentral at noon. I will merge this topic.

- Unknown Author

13Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:07 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Also said he likes the way Spezza is committing to the re-tooling of being a 2 way player.

I wonder if that's a "we won't trade him statement" LOL

14Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:08 pm

504Heater wrote:...by the end of the year.

He just said it on 590.

Did he mention anything about the fact that we can't score consistently?

Hello! Eugene! This lineup won't be finishing fourth as is. Give Murray the green light to bring in Bouwmeester and Horton, or pack it in for the year.

Unreal. The defence and goaltending have been strong lately, but we still have to score goals to win. We don't play Tampa every night.

15Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:09 pm

504Heater wrote:Also said he likes the way Spezza is committing to the re-tooling of being a 2 way player.

I guess he's only watching certain games. The others he must have his head buried in the sand at his house in the Caribbean.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum