GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today

+8
Acrobat
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
smash88
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:07 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Also said he likes the way Spezza is committing to the re-tooling of being a 2 way player.

I wonder if that's a "we won't trade him statement" LOL

17Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:08 pm

504Heater wrote:...by the end of the year.

He just said it on 590.

Expects the Sens to 'turn it around and become a serious contender'. Likes what he's seeing in terms of the Sens new commitment to defense.

Did he mention anything about the fact that we can't score consistently?

Hello! Eugene! This lineup won't be finishing fourth as is. Give Murray the green light to bring in Bouwmeester and Horton, or pack it in for the year.

Unreal. The defence and goaltending have been strong lately, but we still have to score goals to win. We don't play Tampa every night.

18Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:09 pm

504Heater wrote:Also said he likes the way Spezza is committing to the re-tooling of being a 2 way player.

I guess he's only watching certain games. The others he must have his head buried in the sand at his house in the Caribbean.

19Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:
504Heater wrote:...by the end of the year.

He just said it on 590.

Expects the Sens to 'turn it around and become a serious contender'. Likes what he's seeing in terms of the Sens new commitment to defense.

Did he mention anything about the fact that we can't score consistently?

Hello! Eugene! This lineup won't be finishing fourth as is. Give Murray the green light to bring in Bouwmeester and Horton, or pack it in for the year.

Unreal. The defence and goaltending have been strong lately, but we still have to score goals to win. We don't play Tampa every night.

But at least we face Atlanta and then Dallas. That'll make us look better than we are right :D LOL.

- Unknown Author

20Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

smash88 wrote:I think finishing top 4 is a stretch, playing a lot better and being competitive again, that can be done for sure...

I think finishing top 4 just in that stretch is a stretch. Finishing top-4 over the entire season is not do-able (IMO).

21Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:13 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think 4 of the team members simultaneously Stretching is do-able :D

- Unknown Author

22Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oops, I didn't realize there was already a thread on this, sorry. 8)

23Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

On the other hand, what is he supposed to say?
"We F***ing suck, and I've told BM to trade everybody he can. Then I'll fire Murray and Hartsburg and take over myself."

I wouldn't be surprised if the trigger is pulled on a trade in the middle of the next road trip, or if the lay an egg against Atlanta tonight.

24Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:09 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

we're talking about a guy that wanted Sundin at all costs. This owner is delusional and in serious denial.

25Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:31 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number Twenty Nine wrote:we're talking about a guy that wanted Sundin at all costs. This owner is delusional and in serious denial.
What's wrong with wanting Sundin? We sure as HELL could use him.

26Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:34 pm

shabbs wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:we're talking about a guy that wanted Sundin at all costs. This owner is delusional and in serious denial.

To what? Finish 9th?

A PMD is a more pressing need. Sundin is a bandaid.

27Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:37 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:

nothing, but he wanted Sundin at all costs ie. clear cap space for him

but won't spend a nickle on a PMD.

when I told my wife his comment about being top 4 in the eastern conference, she asked if it was Melnyk with the rumoured drug problem.... I don't care who your are, that's funny right there.....

28Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

As things stand right now, the Senators have as much chance at finishing fourth in the Conference as the Isles and Panthers have of finishing 1-2.

Fourth means at a minimum that Ottawa goes on a tear and gets ahead of Buffalo (and of course Toronto), and that either Montreal or Boston implode. Let's just ignore the Rangers with newly-acquired Sundin, the Devils, and the Pens or Flyers.

Meanwhile, we are having trouble keeping up with Atlanta.

Right.

29Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:54 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number Twenty Nine wrote:nothing, but he wanted Sundin at all costs ie. clear cap space for him

but won't spend a nickle on a PMD.
My only rationalization of that is that I suspect he sees Sundin as money in the bank - a guaranteed performer, and perhaps Melnyk felt the PMD's that were available were too big of a gamble. I dunno.

Number Twenty Nine wrote:when I told my wife his comment about being top 4 in the eastern
conference, she asked if it was Melnyk with the rumoured drug
problem.... I don't care who your are, that's funny right
there.....
That is funny.

30Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

i was saying the same thing at work, that maybe Melnyk is dipping into Biovail's pharmaceuticals... you know, the 'good stuff.'

LOL

31Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:07 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:i was saying the same thing at work, that maybe Melnyk is dipping into Biovail's pharmaceuticals... you know, the 'good stuff.'

LOL

:lol!: Puking2

32Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:i was saying the same thing at work, that maybe Melnyk is dipping into Biovail's pharmaceuticals... you know, the 'good stuff.'

LOL

:lol!: Puking2

Thank you, thank you... I'm here all week.

33Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today - Page 2 Empty Re: Melnyk on Hockeycentral at Noon today Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:40 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, if Melnyk was at the game last night, perhaps he'll be re-thinking his "Top 4" statement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum