GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ray Emery on Hockeycentral at Noon today

+7
LethalLehner
wprager
Cronie
TeamRenzo
smash88
PTFlea
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Ray Emery on Hockeycentral at Noon today Empty Ray Emery on Hockeycentral at Noon today Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ray Emery was on Hockeycentral at Noon today. They asked him how things were going in the KHL and it sounds like he's in a good place there with the club and doing well. He was asked about his shenanigans in Ottawa and what he thought of how the Sens were doing now. He didn't blame anyone except himself other than eluding to the effect the media does have when you do something good (king for a week) or something bad (dog for a week). But, he didn't throw anyone under the bus and said it was all him, he did some bad things and needed to change and become a better person. Pretty good interview and quite refreshing. He did say that he was not having "fun" playing hockey last year and that certainly affected his game. He's having fun now in the KHL and bonding with the team.

Makes you wonder who else is not having "fun" on the Sens roster these days...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That was one of Heatley's first things he said when he went to the Worlds last year. He said the fun atmosphere had been completely sucked out of Ottawa.

I would suggest Spezza's not having any fun either.

Wow...we're in the doldrums.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:That was one of Heatley's first things he said when he went to the Worlds last year. He said the fun atmosphere had been completely sucked out of Ottawa.

If it ain't fun for the players in Ottawa... then we have a huge problem and it won't matter who we bring in until that's addressed.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
504Heater wrote:That was one of Heatley's first things he said when he went to the Worlds last year. He said the fun atmosphere had been completely sucked out of Ottawa.

If it ain't fun for the players in Ottawa... then we have a huge problem and it won't matter who we bring in until that's addressed.

I agree...

It amazes me that in addition to multi million dollar contracts, these players need fun to perform. My job isn't fun either, but that's not acceptable excuse for not getting my work done. Pathetic.

We are in massive need of a blow up.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

I bet payday is still fun for these lazy buggers!

shabbs wrote:

I guess when you have spoiled brats and the law is laid down, things are not as fun. Time for this guys to grow up, plain and simple.

Heatley and Spezza are sulking on the ice, taking dumb and lazy penalties. Its not your job to have fun, its your job to win. Have fun in a rec league.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I guess when you have spoiled brats and the law is laid down, things are not as fun. Time for this guys to grow up, plain and simple.

Heatley and Spezza are sulking on the ice, taking dumb and lazy penalties. Its not your job to have fun, its your job to win. Have fun in a rec league.

LOL.. Well said... I guess I agree with that too!

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I tend to agree Hemi, but when the gossip of other players saying things "Don't sign in Ottawa man, bad place, bla bla bla" and our current 'core' underachieving and in most cases, not even putting forth a minimal effort, what hope does this team have?!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
shabbs wrote:

LOL.. Well said... I guess I agree with that too!
Heh. I hear that too.

Losing is not fun. Winning is fun.

Maybe they should remember that.

Start winning, have fun.

Easy.

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, no, you want your team competing and having fun, not constantly being afraid to mess up. Look what's happening - and with 2 of the best players in the world and another who has the potential to be.

Cronenbergfan wrote:I tend to agree Hemi, but when the gossip of other players saying things "Don't sign in Ottawa man, bad place, bla bla bla" and our current 'core' underachieving and in most cases, not even putting forth a minimal effort, what hope does this team have?!

Players dont sign here for a pretty simple reason and I have been saying it for a while. Jason Spezza. No one wants to play with him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
Players dont sign here for a pretty simple reason and I have been saying it for a while. Jason Spezza. No one wants to play with him.

Yeah...no one we sign is playing on the top line, we can't afford it. So...no worries there.

504Heater wrote:Yeah, no, you want your team competing and having fun, not constantly being afraid to mess up. Look what's happening - and with 2 of the best players in the world and another who has the potential to be.

They dont get to do what they want, and they sulk. They are PROFESSIONALS. Take a pay cut and the fans and media will lay off. Go ahead, take Vermette money, go ahead, take Phillips money, they do that, and I wont say a word.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

not all that bad of suggestion N4.

I truly wish I could pull in a cushy 7 figure salary and show and perform when I f**kin' feel like it!! Dang...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum