GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Will The Playoff Teams Finish?

+9
Acrobat
wprager
caissie_1
shabbs
asq2
Cronie
SensFan71
PTFlea
davetherave
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

61How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:24 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

The inconceivable is now conceivable.

62How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:12 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:The inconceivable is now conceivable.
So... at what point do you start to believe...

Wink

63How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:38 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:The inconceivable is now conceivable.
So... at what point do you start to believe...

Wink

You always believe...because you'll never achieve if you don't believe. 8)

64How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:29 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The games get more and more important as we hurtle down the home stretch.

Of course, with Ottawa insisting on being more than a spoiler, their surge now becomes a source of fascination for lovers of underdogs.

But the Sens have to sit and wait until Wednesday to see if they can continue to twist Fate.

Tonight, the Canes and Panthers square off in what has to one of the most important games these two will play this year. Sens fans will probably be hoping for a Mighty Wind From Raleigh...or should they? If the Tabbies rip Carolina, the Habbies are out...

When the Flaming Lips meet the Hot Wings, Cowtowners will be hoping their dudes can singe the Detroit Wheels...the Nuckleheads are gettin' a mite too close.

The Devs and Flyers don't like each other, and Marty's Mob will be smarting from their bruising by the Bruins.

But things get really interesting Tuesday:

Atlanta plays Montreal, and no doubt Senators supporters will welcome a Thrashing of Le Canadien. But will Gainey's Gang roll over and say "Ayoye"?

In other action, Jack Lemaire's Wild Ones and Johnny Torts' Broadway Bunch will rassle for precious playoff points as Minny seesaws on the brink.

Meanwhile, the Preds will duel the determined Ducks who were once given up for dead, in a winner-take-all.

The Blues have to bop the Kings to stay in the hunt, and the Oil will have to find a way to slip past the Wings if they want a chance at playoff rings.

If the Stars can't knock out the Nucks, they can kiss their keesters g'bye...

The Leafs might be in the mood to knee-Cap Ovie N Da Krew.

And the Jackets will want to pull the plug on the Bolts.

Get out that La-Z-Boy, stock up on the Trois Pistoles and Crown 'n Coke, and keep the nachos comin'...it's the race for the playoffs!

65How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Umm, Dave, are you auditioning for Sports Centre or do you always talk like this?

jk

66How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice work DTR. Very entertaining and you should right those post game score board rants like the Flames torch so and so and Lightening strikes in such and such.

- Unknown Author

67How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And I give you permission to use my "Buffalo is Lalimping along" if you want Smile You'd better hurry, though, as it will soon be Miller Time.

68How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:32 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

As Elvis would say, "Thank you, thank you very much, uh huh."
8)

69How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:37 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:As Elvis would say, "Thank you, thank you very much, uh huh."
8)

Dave you are a superstar I tell you lol, am really surprised you don't even do commentary for local high school games or something. Smile

70How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Damn DTR. From one ex-DJ, I have to tell ya, I'd LOVE to see you usurp that wind-bag Dreger on TSN's panel.

You're a talented man my friend, and perhaps you could be a rarity: a pundit or analyst on TV with scrupples and integrity, and talent with the spoken and written word to back it up, not to mention a hockey IQ that is off the charts.

71How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:49 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Damn DTR. From one ex-DJ, I have to tell ya, I'd LOVE to see you usurp that wind-bag Dreger on TSN's panel.

You're a talented man my friend, and perhaps you could be a rarity: a pundit or analyst on TV with scrupples and integrity, and talent with the spoken and written word to back it up, not to mention a hockey IQ that is off the charts.

I am honoured by your compliments...actually, I have a few things in mind...this subject may be worthy of further discussion.

In the meantime, it is my privilege to participate in these excellent forums. :D

72How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:53 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Cronie wrote:Damn DTR. From one ex-DJ, I have to tell ya, I'd LOVE to see you usurp that wind-bag Dreger on TSN's panel.

Rarity? Are there any others? I'd suggest unique.

The amazing thing is that the writeups seem to be getting better too - kudos!

Add: have you considered a periodic blog? This forum has the capacity to link to one still I think (mods, correct me if I'm wrong). We used to have a daily one, but real life got in the way... :KJK:

73How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah the blogs have kinda been abandoned haven't they. I've been wondering if we should keep that alive or not.

- Unknown Author

74How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat: yeah, we were doing blogs quite regularly, but as you said, real-life took over. In my case, my at the time 10 month old started walking, and my daughter was born back in January so once I punch out from work, my 'me' time at home is rather limited, but I do what I can.

I think Heater, Clutch and I will renew our efforts, and I do believe members of GM hockey can post blogs I believe. I'll double check that though.

As for the rarity, I was being tongue in cheek. I can't think of any analysts who aren't homers or PR-douche-bags in some shape... LOL

75How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:01 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:

Add: have you considered a periodic blog? This forum has the capacity to link to one still I think (mods, correct me if I'm wrong). We used to have a daily one, but real life got in the way... :KJK:

Thanks...I'd be up for a blog :D

76How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

Thanks...I'd be up for a blog :D

Top right hand corner of the main page click on Member's blog, login with your current login and password.

After that you can post your topic with a link to your blog here - http://www.gmhockey.com/member-s-blognalysing-f10/

- Unknown Author

77How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:07 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cool 8)

78How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Will The Playoff Teams Finish? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

And thus was extended GMHockey's dominance in intelligent hockey discussion...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum