GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's time ~~~~~!!!!! P-A-N-I-C !!!!!~~~~~~

+16
beedub
COLLAR UP
rooneypoo
PKC
LethalLehner
dennycrane
Mojo
Acrobat
jamvan
LeCaptain
Sens4thecup
wprager
asq2
beerandsens
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Yeah he was good in '07 too, but he still gets pushed off the puck way too easily. I consider him a toss-up... a hit-or-miss type of playoff performer.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
marakh wrote:Vermette was actually pretty good last playoffs.

Or maybe everyone else was extremely bad.

That series was the only reason he has been given a contract extension, IMO.

Actually, his RFA status and our lack of ready, quality offensive prospects is the only reason he was given a contract extension.

cash wrote:"The first player to give up was predictable and I don't even need to say his name"
Who the Diddle did you think I was talking about? He was still trying to get things done in the 2nd period...His game is off because he's being asked to do so much more. Its not an excuse, just an explanation...He's in a growth stage Imo and it would be a massive mistake to trade him before the season ends.
I still have no idea how Heatley gets off without getting criticized and Spezza is the consistent focal point..? They've both equal parts Dung, equal parts useless.
The difference being that one has an active NTC and the other doesn't.
Other than our most useless and heavily priced players, the team showed a lot of promise.

Heatley isnt the center on that line either, and for the most part produces on his own. He has done a lot of things that most players will never do and is just a better player than Spezza.

Heatley has proved time and time again what kind of player he is, in the NHL and the international stage.

That doesn't change the fact that he has been playing as poorly and inconsistently as Spezza...
You're right that he can produce on his own, but thats no excuse for sitting back and waiting for Spezza to feed him the puck.

cash wrote:That doesn't change the fact that he has been playing as poorly and inconsistently as Spezza...
You're right that he can produce on his own, but thats no excuse for sitting back and waiting for Spezza to feed him the puck.

It is if thats the game plan, which for the most part, it is. Alfi and Spezza on the line, how much do you reasonably think Heatley will get the puck when both the other guys control the play (or try to). 1 puck, 3 guys, do the math.

Heatley is basically reduce to being a 3rd fiddle on that line for the most part.

Which is why it is so vital to the success of this team that they get Heatley away from Spezza.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Heatley was awful tonight.

No criticism, though.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
cash wrote:I am very confident that they will not get blown out if they make it to the playoffs. This team - as I've said many times - is built for the playoffs.

It's hard to say they're built for the playoffs when they can't even win consistently in the regular season.

Fun Fact of the Day: Ian White is now 1 goal behind the total goal-production of the Ottawa Senators back end.

To be fair, he's gotten time at forward.

asq2 wrote:
PKC wrote:
cash wrote:I am very confident that they will not get blown out if they make it to the playoffs. This team - as I've said many times - is built for the playoffs.

It's hard to say they're built for the playoffs when they can't even win consistently in the regular season.

Fun Fact of the Day: Ian White is now 1 goal behind the total goal-production of the Ottawa Senators back end.

To be fair, he's gotten time at forward.

And Picard scored tonight too. FU Ian White!

asq2 wrote:Heatley was awful tonight.

No criticism, though.
Thats exactly right. Even I'm guilty of it...Its amazing that he gets away with it so often. And if it isn't just a straight-up terrible game like tonight, then he'll suck someting fierce for the first two-and-a-half periods and then he'll score the game-tieing goal and the game winner in the late 3rd or OT and everyone talks about how great a game he had and how awesome he is confused Its Diddle ridiculous!
And it happens all the time...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:
asq2 wrote:Heatley was awful tonight.

No criticism, though.
Thats exactly right. Even I'm guilty of it...Its amazing that he gets away with it so often. And if it isn't just a straight-up terrible game like tonight, then he'll suck someting fierce for the first two-and-a-half periods and then he'll score the game-tieing goal and the game winner in the late 3rd or OT and everyone talks about how great a game he had and how awesome he is confused Its Diddle ridiculous!
And it happens all the time...

The thing is, as bad as they've been, and as much as they're paid, these guys have been the absolute life-blood of this team not only this year but every year since they've been united. They've carried us to the Finals, amongst other things.

I'm not against breaking them up, but I feel like they should be given a break every once in a while because of all they've done.

I mean, look at the scoring statistics on this team. Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson, Kuba, zilch.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

No, no
Don't forget Fisher and Vermette, who have a combined...um...six points?
I think my son has that many assists, and he's an Atom goalie.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:No, no

$7 million between them.

I love the face-off wins and the physicality and the PKing, but c'mon.

asq2 wrote:

$7 million between them.

Pking is the only reason we won tonight... I dont think those two are worth it either, but just saying.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:

$7 million between them.

Pking is the only reason we won tonight... I dont think those two are worth it either, but just saying.

Well, that and we encountered the only team in the league worse offensively than we are.

PKing hasn't won a whole lot of games for us.

And I sort of wanted to lose tonight. Sad

asq2 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:

$7 million between them.

Well, that and we encountered the only team in the league worse offensively than we are.

Its tough to cheer for this team, no doubt.

asq2 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:

$7 million between them.

this game may wind up costing us Hedman.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum