GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's time ~~~~~!!!!! P-A-N-I-C !!!!!~~~~~~

+16
beedub
COLLAR UP
rooneypoo
PKC
LethalLehner
dennycrane
Mojo
Acrobat
jamvan
LeCaptain
Sens4thecup
wprager
asq2
beerandsens
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

dennycrane wrote:- Has Alex Auld snapped out of it and remembered that he is Alex Auld?
Yes! He has...I told people that the goaltending situation wasn't as "solved" as they thought it was and I got lambasted with "He's been great"'s and "he's in the top-5 in ..."'s etc...
Once this team wakes up offensively (and its coming) and they remember who they are, they're going to realize who they really are: A team with a desperate need to overcompensate for poor goaltending.
Talk all you want about PMC's and secondary scoring, this problem originates in the crease.

Neely4Life wrote:
cash wrote:
504Heater wrote:Sad time to be a Sens fan. It really is...I can't recall feeling this badly about the team in a long, long time.
See, this comment right here is interesting to me. I know it was an ugly result and things obviously didn't go as one would hope, but I saw a lot of positives last night. Maybe for the first time all calendar year, I saw glimpses of the team I used to know and love.
They were moving their feet, they were creating chances, and they cared...each and every one of them wanted to win that game - I honestly believe that. Whats sad is that I don't know if I can say that for any other game they've played this season. Thats probably an overstatement, but not by much....
None of them quit. They kept trying to come back right up until it just wasn't feasible. The first player to give up was predictable and I don't even need to say his name. But the others kept battling until that last penalty was called and even then they didn't let them score.
Games don't always go the way you want them to, but last night they played the right way. They lost playing the right way, but they nonetheless played exactly how they needed to; without getting any bounces going their way.

This may be misplaced, but I have never been more confident in this teams potential for success. As they say: It's always darkest before the dawn.
Daylight is coming :D
(Assuming they don't get blown up after tonights game Suspect )

Well I guess you cant really quit when you never start, at least for some of the guys.
Like who?

cash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
cash wrote:
504Heater wrote:Sad time to be a Sens fan. It really is...I can't recall feeling this badly about the team in a long, long time.
See, this comment right here is interesting to me. I know it was an ugly result and things obviously didn't go as one would hope, but I saw a lot of positives last night. Maybe for the first time all calendar year, I saw glimpses of the team I used to know and love.
They were moving their feet, they were creating chances, and they cared...each and every one of them wanted to win that game - I honestly believe that. Whats sad is that I don't know if I can say that for any other game they've played this season. Thats probably an overstatement, but not by much....
None of them quit. They kept trying to come back right up until it just wasn't feasible. The first player to give up was predictable and I don't even need to say his name. But the others kept battling until that last penalty was called and even then they didn't let them score.
Games don't always go the way you want them to, but last night they played the right way. They lost playing the right way, but they nonetheless played exactly how they needed to; without getting any bounces going their way.

This may be misplaced, but I have never been more confident in this teams potential for success. As they say: It's always darkest before the dawn.
Daylight is coming :D
(Assuming they don't get blown up after tonights game Suspect )

Well I guess you cant really quit when you never start, at least for some of the guys.
Like who?

Maybe the guy that had his ice time cut form 23 mins to under 17 and was redcued to the 3rd line.

"The first player to give up was predictable and I don't even need to say his name"
Who the Diddle did you think I was talking about? He was still trying to get things done in the 2nd period...His game is off because he's being asked to do so much more. Its not an excuse, just an explanation...He's in a growth stage Imo and it would be a massive mistake to trade him before the season ends.
I still have no idea how Heatley gets off without getting criticized and Spezza is the consistent focal point..? They've both equal parts Dung, equal parts useless.
The difference being that one has an active NTC and the other doesn't.
Other than our most useless and heavily priced players, the team showed a lot of promise.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Should be interesting to see what happens going forward. Tomorrow it will be the same team on the ice, after that, who knows.

Its not going to be trading a guy like Neil or Vermette that is going to be a major change, Im against trading Spezza at this point in time, but that could very well be coming. He looks like he doesnt even want to be here..

I'm largely with you on this one, N4L. I can't comment on what Spezza's feelings are, as you do, but I agree moving him now would be a mistake -- which is not to say that we might not have to move him later. With Spezza, it might unfortunately come down to simple economics and the team's needs.

while it is hard to sell guys when we are at our lowest...you have to ask...when do you sell?

If we are playing great...no one will want to get rid of them...the whole potential thing comes back into play...

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

It's known that I am a proponent of blowing up this team and starting from scratch. I have read every post in this thread, and I find myself agreeing with a lot of you.

Trading our top players now would not generate the return we'd like....right now. someone said we need every player to play 100% everynight. so how to do this.

Oh, I know, let's get a coach in here who doesn't cowtow to the players. Let's get a coach who doesn't give a rats Donkey if your name is Jason Spezza, or if you are a 10 year vet or a rookie. Let's get a coach who will come in and scare the Dung out the players.

Bring in Bob Hartley. He wouldn't last more that two years, but he'd sure shake things up. And if players took the Diddle you attitude with him, they would sit the Diddle down and ride the pine, I have no doubt.

If anything it would motivate the players to play well, if only to get the Diddle out.

I don't think Hartsburg is the problem. I definitely don't agree with everything he's doing, but he's being cautious to not lose the room. Being the bad guy only works for so long. He's trying something thats a little more high risk / high reward.

Regardless, this team is 6 points out in the Eastern conference...They have three supposedly prolific point producers, 4 of the top 30 shotblockers, and a team with a full complement of defensively sound players (forwards and defence)
There is no reason why they can't make it to the playoffs.
As I said in another thread: If they keep their feet moving, they will be successful.

What you saw last night was a team that got used to standing still and waiting in position, all of a sudden decide to collectively move their feet and start "attacking all over the ice" just like they said they would in the summer. Naturally, this would result in some players being caught out of position and against a team like the Caps, that is a deadly reality to find yourself in. They didn't stand a chance last night, but they definitely do stand a chance - against even the most dangerous teams - if they continue to work at it.

What we saw was this team go into phase two of this season's development. Patience is needed now more than ever.

cash wrote:I don't think Hartsburg is the problem. I definitely don't agree with everything he's doing, but he's being cautious to not lose the room. Being the bad guy only works for so long. He's trying something thats a little more high risk / high reward.

Regardless, this team is 6 points out in the Eastern conference...They have three supposedly prolific point producers, 4 of the top 30 shotblockers, and a team with a full complement of defensively sound players (forwards and defence)
There is no reason why they can't make it to the playoffs.
As I said in another thread: If they keep their feet moving, they will be successful.

What you saw last night was a team that got used to standing still and waiting in position, all of a sudden decide to collectively move their feet and start "attacking all over the ice" just like they said they would in the summer. Naturally, this would result in some players being caught out of position and against a team like the Caps, that is a deadly reality to find yourself in. They didn't stand a chance last night, but they definitely do stand a chance - against even the most dangerous teams - if they continue to work at it.

What we saw was this team go into phase two of this season's development. Patience is needed now more than ever.

If yet another coach loses the room, I'd have to start wondering whether it was the coach or the room. If Hartsberg loses them, I'd lean towards the players.

Also, just making it to the playoffs is not good enough. Do you want to make it only to get blown out again? I don't .

There is no easy fix, and with the economic uncertainty coming, rebuilding now rather than later might be the most sensible option.

I am very confident that they will not get blown out if they make it to the playoffs. This team - as I've said many times - is built for the playoffs.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:I am very confident that they will not get blown out if they make it to the playoffs. This team - as I've said many times - is built for the playoffs.

It's hard to say they're built for the playoffs when they can't even win consistently in the regular season.

Fun Fact of the Day: Ian White is now 1 goal behind the total goal-production of the Ottawa Senators back end.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

And you know what I've noticed too, this team barely shoots the puck. Do they have some sort of phobia of shooting the puck and dropping their pristine shooting percentages?

PKC wrote:
cash wrote:I am very confident that they will not get blown out if they make it to the playoffs. This team - as I've said many times - is built for the playoffs.

It's hard to say they're built for the playoffs when they can't even win consistently in the regular season.

Fun Fact of the Day: Ian White is now 1 goal behind the total goal-production of the Ottawa Senators back end.

Are you serious? :oops:

Jason Smith, Mike Fisher, Daniel Alfredsson, Chris Phillips, Shean Donovan, Anton Volchenkov, Chris Kelly, Dean McAmmond, and to some extent Christoph Schubert, Jarkko Ruutu and Chris Neil are all proven playoff performers. Add in what I believe are three definite playoff performers - Nick Foligno (as much as he pisses me off, I know I'm not ready to trade him) Cody Bass and Jesse Winchester.
The only toss-ups are Kuba, Picard, Vermette (who probably won't be here anyways), tweedle-dee and chuckle-dum.

They haven't been winning in the regular season, but they've been going through some growing pains. Those times, I believe, are over.
We'll see in the next few games if I'm right.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Vermette was actually pretty good last playoffs.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Vermette was actually pretty good last playoffs.

Or maybe everyone else was extremely bad.

Yeah he was good in '07 too, but he still gets pushed off the puck way too easily. I consider him a toss-up... a hit-or-miss type of playoff performer.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
marakh wrote:Vermette was actually pretty good last playoffs.

Or maybe everyone else was extremely bad.

That series was the only reason he has been given a contract extension, IMO.

Actually, his RFA status and our lack of ready, quality offensive prospects is the only reason he was given a contract extension.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum